NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest Phil K

Usual waiting til the last minute then hoping to get cheap scraps and failing even that ? Kinnears made what difference exactly ?

Other teams target trophies and success. We seem to target mediocrity as "success".

It's interesting that when there was all the drama with Cisse going on that most people said they'd be happy if he stayed and we got a striker in.  Now this has happened everyone's still going mental.  We should sign 2 more but our squad is still stronger than more than half of the league as we know squad is not the issue.  Give someone like Moyes our squad and we'd be top 8.

Whilst Ince and Hughes are interesting prospects, there is no way Ashley will shell out what is required to get these sort of players in. There's a reason we do our business predominantly in France and with players nearing the end of their contract/in contract disputes.

Guest chopey

I have watched both Ince and Hughes in recent weeks and they both look quality, but I would say that Ashley would think our midfield is overcrowded as it is (14 first teamers) without adding more to it

Guest neesy111

Whilst Ince and Hughes are interesting prospects, there is no way Ashley will shell out what is required to get these sort of players in. There's a reason we do our business predominantly in France and with players nearing the end of their contract/in contract disputes.

If they are successful though, better sell on value.

If they are successful though, better sell on value.

Of course, but it would still require a decent investment, i.e. probably paying for premium English potential more than (below) actual value, which we have rarely seen since Ashley's first year as owner, so I'm not holding my breath.

Gazette reckon Cabaye & Debuchy are wanted by PSG. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see both leave together or a window apart but gazette just churn out shit they hear from other media outlets.

Gazette reckon Cabaye & Debuchy are wanted by PSG. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see both leave together or a window apart but gazette just churn out shit they hear from other media outlets.

Article I read earlier said Debuchy is third choice behind Alves & Sagna.

Guest icemanblue

Aren't L'Equipe saying Debuchy is a backup option to Dani Alves and Sagna?

EDIT: Fuck you, Discinho. Or, Discao? Yeah, Discao.

Gazette reckon Cabaye & Debuchy are wanted by PSG. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see both leave together or a window apart but gazette just churn out s*** they hear from other media outlets.

L'Equipe are reporting that.

I really can't see PSG being interested in those two to the extent people are suggesting. And certainly not enough to cough up the money it would take Ashley to let them go.

If you have the resources of PSG, you should be looking at significantly better players than Cabaye and Debuchy.

Blanc loves Cabaye. I can see that one fo rsure.

I know he has said he likes him (in response to a question probably) but I just don't think he's the calibre that PSG would go for. More likely they are linking themselves to French players to keep fans happy, as usual.

If they wanted him, they have the money, why isn't he already on the Eurostar to Paris?

Anyway, prepared for egg on the face!

Dont they have Van der Wiel?

Yeah but he's shat.

Anyways.... Artur Petrosyan ‏@arturpetrosyan 2h

No interest for Toby Alderweireld from #LFC or Norwich. The only English club after him are Newcalstle, @dmitriy_f1re reports.

Artur Petrosyan ‏@arturpetrosyan 3h

But Pardew can't offer him as much money as #Spartak can. So his move to Russia seems more likely at the moment.

Incredible to think we could be thinking of going after a cb at this time.

Been thinking though. If Colo gets injured or suspended (both highly likely) we will have a pairing of either Mapou- Taylor, Mapou-Williamson or Taylor-Williamson.

When you think of some of the horror shows defensively last season including the liverpool game of course which had Mapou and Taylor then I'm shit scared of Colo being missing for any games.