NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest Phil K

Not really many posts regarding transfers, more ranty ranty doom and gloom!

Sadly true. But really, little's happened to bring about any feeling of well being, has it ?

Links on the net!?

Why didn't you mention that before? I'm with Phil, this seems pretty legit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10026476/Newcastle-United-manager-Alan-Pardew-sees-position-at-St-James-Park-put-in-peril-by-dressing-room-split.html

Take it or leave it, usual media stuff. Believe or not. Your choice. The April one I read a while back - when you're getting very little news you grab whatevers there, not so ? Good or bad.

On the one hand there are no quotes and it is written by Luke Edwards, on the other Pardew does look pretty pissed off in that picture.

As I said, I'm completely behind you on this one.

In fact you even admitted you made the first one up ffs  :lol:

Ever heard of having an opinion, chum ?

YOU have one and you seem to believe it's the truth the whole truth and nothing but.

ITS YOUR OPINION TOO, nothing more. No more likely to be the truth than my own opinion.

"I said I made it up" ???? I said nothing of the sort. I said "You're right" don't take that to mean "You're right" in everything.

I SAID I read his comments and see another meaning IN them.

Ok champ, well you keep looking for hidden meanings, I'll just stick to the black and white ;)

Well no - thats my very point.

How can you say what the press tells you is actually happening ? Mates in pub ? Rumours in street ?

All or none could be utter bull. You just go with what sounds right to YOU.

Which is exactly what you're doing, right ?

Theres links on the net from as early as April talking of dressing room problems, lack of faith in Pardews tactics, etc

Could be true, might not. None of us know for certain. So we have opinions.

We just disagree thats all. Nothing bigger than that !  ;)

Thats all well and good, but when you say things like 'its evident the players dont like Pardew' and 'even Pardew thinks we'll get hammered off City' thats not having an opinion, thats just making shit up. Its not evident the players dont like him and he never once said he thinks we'll get hammered.

Thats all I was saying. Anyway, its a pissy argument, i'm off to watch Breaking Bad.

Guest Phil K

Links on the net!?

Why didn't you mention that before? I'm with Phil, this seems pretty legit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10026476/Newcastle-United-manager-Alan-Pardew-sees-position-at-St-James-Park-put-in-peril-by-dressing-room-split.html

Take it or leave it, usual media stuff. Believe or not. Your choice. The April one I read a while back - when you're getting very little news you grab whatevers there, not so ? Good or bad.

On the one hand there are no quotes and it is written by Luke Edwards, on the other Pardew does look pretty p*ssed off in that picture.

As I said, I'm completely behind you on this one.

Sorry, Caj - I'm getting jumpy - thought I was getting shot at from all sides, just for expressing what most have been THINKING !  ;)

And yes, agree. But - reading this kind of stuff, looking at the performances, you DO think the worst (or I do anyway) I mean ....0-3 to Makems, 0-6 to Liverpool. Somethings not right somewhere.

Guest bimpy474

If pardew got sacked and we went down with his replacement in charge, the told you so's would echo for all eternity.......and that's a long time.

Pards getting fired would benefit this forum no end IMO

JFK getting appointed would probably trim the member numbers at least.

:lol: it would for a united front of hatred

It would also mean one down and only one to go, because once Kinnear's gone it would surely be impossible to not bring in a better manager than him or Pardew, right? ???

It would also mean one down and only one to go, because once Kinnear's gone it would surely be impossible to not bring in a better manager than him or Pardew, right? ???

John Barnes has his go after Kinnear apparently.

Right..  :idiot2:

Phil K while I agree on all things anti-Pardew, the stuff about dressing room split and such seemed to originate from the Luke Edwards article who is known to have a massive beef with Newcastle and it reeked of "kick us while were down" scenario seeing as he wrote it around the same time we were tumbling towards relegation. The club then went after him massively by banning him and requesting a retraction etc which could either mean it was true or that it was so untrue they found the claim insulting.

Either way I think I could understand it more if you said you thought he lost the dressing room because of how they were playing, which at times it did look like they couldn't be arsed to play for him. But the article seemed like a load of made up BS in my opinion.

The players have always seemed to get on well with the manager going off interviews etc and I see it as his only redeeming quality. In fact i'd say he tries to get on too well with them and then we get the Ba problem we had last year where he sucked up to him to the detriment of the team and then Ba fucked off anyway. 

The article was lazy as fuck tbh, "oww load of French players, they'll be trouble".

Unfortunately it seems to have rubbed off on some and we are happy to bring in shite British players because they are the recipe for success  :undecided:

The article was lazy as f*** tbh, "oww load of French players, they'll be trouble".

Unfortunately it seems to have rubbed off on some and we are happy to bring in s**** British players because they are the recipe for success  :undecided:

Its getting tiresome tbh i want quality English players as much as the next guy but the high esteem some of the past English players are held in makes me laugh.

Those magnificent English players who took us down, who took us to 12th place and who f*cked off the first chance they got.

The article was lazy as f*** tbh, "oww load of French players, they'll be trouble".

Unfortunately it seems to have rubbed off on some and we are happy to bring in s**** British players because they are the recipe for success  :undecided:

Its getting tiresome tbh i want quality English players as much as the next guy but the high esteem some of the past English players are held in makes me laugh.

Those magnificent English players who took us down, who took us to 12th place and who f*cked off the first chance they got.

Teams like Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea etc.. had success with players like Gerrard, Ferdinand and Lampard in their team but it wasn't their Englishness that brought that success, the fact they were some of the best players in the league playing with some of the other best players in the league probably played a bigger part.

Maybe we should sign Carlton Cole just in case though...  :bluestar:

Right..  :idiot2:

What's Ian Dowie up to these days?

Joking aside, I personally don't think that JFK is the heir apparent to Pardew. Ashley probably wants to put pressure on him, but the thing about replacing a manager is giving the club a fresh start and a lift, not putting somebody in charge that will have as much a negative baggage as Pardew.

I always think the best of everybody :)

Still, I think Ashley's supposed don't-give-a-f***-ness has its limits, his money is on the line afterall.

Also, in Europe this kind of big personality DoFs are often used to protect managers and draw heat themselves. He'll be as "burnt" as Pardew if AP gets the sack.