NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest bimpy474

That Lestienne guy keeps getting mentioned, and to be honest, id give my left nut if we got him. Looks a real prospect, and we could definitely use him on the left.

Where has he been mentioned?

By me  :snod:

Guest bimpy474

That Lestienne guy keeps getting mentioned, and to be honest, id give my left nut if we got him. Looks a real prospect, and we could definitely use him on the left.

:huff:

Me want a proper transfer link.

Love you, though, Bimpy  :love:

Ah right, then no. I just said we should sign him as he was cracking against us both times we played Brugges. Stop that love nonsense :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Is he from French Belgium or Dutch Belgium?

Dutch Belguim being born in Kortrijk, Flemish region and what i remember from school that's a Dutch origin thingy, or i could be completely wrong..

:huff:

Me want a proper transfer link.

Love you, though, Bimpy  :love:

Ah right, then no. I just said we should sign him as he was cracking against us both times we played Brugges. Stop that love nonsense :lol:

:kurt:

We don't have a quality squad. Our best players have glaring weaknesses. It's a short side. No real width. No real power. No real aerial ability. It is made all the worse with a manager who doesn't realise this.

We certainly lack the players for an aerial power game, but we have a decent squad if we chose to pass the ball on the deck more with real movement. But Pardew is never going to be the man to instill that movement IMO. The squad and the coaching staff are totally mis-matched.

We don't have a quality squad. Our best players have glaring weaknesses. It's a short side. No real width. No real power. No real aerial ability. It is made all the worse with a manager who doesn't realise this.

We certainly lack the players for an aerial power game, but we have a decent squad if we chose to pass the ball on the deck more with real movement. But Pardew is never going to be the man to instill that movement IMO. The squad and the coaching staff are totally mis-matched.

In general, power/aerial ability is a problem. It's a problem for Barcelona and Barcelona we are not.

There's still not enough goals and creativity in the side no matter how we play.

There's still not enough goals and creativity in the side no matter how we play.

A good winger and a target man would give us those options, and supposedly those are the players we are trying to bring in. Even with the players we've got though, we could use them a lot better.

They wouldn't give us those options because the problem is the mentality of the team.  If we had a top class left winger he'd be hamstrung by the fact that he would be picking up the ball 20 yards inside our own half due to the defensive mentality and set up of our play.

I think we can all agree that Robert was superb for us, a real match winner and an exciting player with it and yet how often did he track back?  A football team can't just be put together to nullify the opposition.  You need players whose job is to get at your opponents and attack.  A 5 man defensive unit with the players we have should be more than capable of holding their own against anything but the best opposition because they can't commit too many forward due to the threat of our strike force.

Our cowardly, defensive tactics don't make us more solid, they end up putting us under pressure and trapping us in our own half with the only outlet being a lone forward 40 yards ahead of any other teammate.

Guest bimpy474

They wouldn't give us those options because the problem is the mentality of the team.  If we had a top class left winger he'd be hamstrung by the fact that he would be picking up the ball 20 yards inside our own half due to the defensive mentality and set up of our play.

I think we can all agree that Robert was superb for us, a real match winner and an exciting player with it and yet how often did he track back?  A football team can't just be put together to nullify the opposition.  You need players whose job is to get at your opponents and attack.  A 5 man defensive unit with the players we have should be more than capable of holding their own against anything but the best opposition because they can't commit too many forward due to the threat of our strike force.

Our cowardly, defensive tactics don't make us more solid, they end up putting us under pressure and trapping us in our own half with the only outlet being a lone forward 40 yards ahead of any other teammate.

:clap: Nail upon head.

Basically. It's why signing Remy and anyone else doesn't really excite me too much. The same old tactical inabilities from Pardew will always shine through.

Guest bimpy474

We need a link player and we have one in Marveaux, but Pardew's tactics and refusal to use Marv as one, means we are just going to see more of the same toothless football.

Defeatist mentality with defeatist tactics is the reason why we play so shit now. The season we finished 5th he at least had drilled a very good high-pressure team defense that was basically designed to force errors and counter.

Guest bimpy474

Jesus, the boards are shocking at the minute like. Every single thread has the same patter in it.    :lol:

It's called reality. Unfortunately. When the footy starts hopefully we'll be in for a surprise.

Jesus, the boards are shocking at the minute like. Every single thread has the same patter in it.    :lol:

It's called reality. Unfortunately. When the footy starts hopefully we'll be in for a surprise.

:lol:

Howay man Bimpy. Its the same s**** in every thread. I've never seen nowt like it. I know there's some pessimism going into the new season but f*** me, I'm surprised some people can get up in the Morning (yes i'm looking at you  :lol: )

Guest bimpy474

Howay man Bimpy. Its the same shite in every thread. I've never seen nowt like it. I know there's some pessimist going into the new season but fuck me, I'm surprised some people can get up in the Morning (yes i'm looking at you  :lol: )

Well tbf it is rather hard to get excited with the shit footy, JFK, no signings etc. I think this what's called Ashley wearing people down, lowering expectations and all that. You can hardly blame them/us/nearly everyone.

I'm actually looking forward to the season (if you can believe that), just not the stuff i'm expecting Pardew to serve up.

Howay man Bimpy. Its the same s**** in every thread. I've never seen nowt like it. I know there's some pessimism going into the new season but f*** me, I'm surprised some people can get up in the Morning (yes i'm looking at you  :lol: )

We heard the same shite as this last season.  Why don't you remind us how many days until the window closes?

Guest bimpy474

We heard the same shite as this last season.  Why don't you remind us how many days until the window closes?

I'm not going to have a go at Elliotman for being optimstic, wish i could be like it myself. It's just him and some others seem to ignore/refuse to accept the reality of the situation.