NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I was alluding to Jonas actually :lol: except he offers a lot more going forward.

I remember Baba saying Andre Ayew is everything you wish Jonas was a year or so ago and he's right tbh.

Offers everything that Jonas does from a defensive point of view, but so much more going forward.

Would be a quality signing.

Know nowt about him but doesnt seem to get many assists? Just 5/6 in the league from his last 90+ games. We could do with some creativity, we already have a strong finisher we cant get near the ball.

Something we are seriously lacking, is a goal threat down the left. Jonas is so poor attacking wise, i'm certain a lot of managers will have a decent RB who they will know will be able to deal with him easily.

It wasn't that long ago Jonas and Enrique were our primary force going forward, making our left side very dangerous.

4 years ago in the Championship. How relevant. :lol:

It's barely 2 years since Enrique left.

Not that it matters, my point being: for all his limitations, when used correctly Jonas can be dangerous. Just needs the right partner and the right system.

I don't think you can play him as a winger anymore, he can't beat a man.

I see absolutely no role where Jonas would be 'dangerous'. He's at his best in centre-midfield where his only duty is to chase opposition players down, recycle possession and win free-kicks.

We're absolutely shit when a team presses us and Jonas is probably one of the best at getting something from a tight spot.

Home to Fulham last season was an anomaly, in that he played absolutely brilliantly at LB, beating men all day long - but it virtually never happens any more. A very basic role in the middle of the park is the ceiling of his effectiveness these days.

I was alluding to Jonas actually :lol: except he offers a lot more going forward.

I remember Baba saying Andre Ayew is everything you wish Jonas was a year or so ago and he's right tbh.

Offers everything that Jonas does from a defensive point of view, but so much more going forward.

Know nowt about him but doesnt seem to get many assists? Just 5/6 in the league from his last 90+ games. We could do with some creativity, we already have a strong finisher we cant get near the ball.

Something we are seriously lacking, is a goal threat down the left. Jonas is so poor attacking wise, i'm certain a lot of managers will have a decent RB who they will know will be able to deal with him easily.

It wasn't that long ago Jonas and Enrique were our primary force going forward, making our left side very dangerous.

Not that it matters, my point being: for all his limitations, when used correctly Jonas can be dangerous. Just needs the right partner and the right system.

I'm not coaching him all week so I'm not really able to comment on what he's capable of right now. I have no idea. But the system we're playing at the moment seems to rely heavily on a handful of players being outlets needing to keep a hold of the ball and create something with not a great deal of support. Typically with those players starting from deep.

Ben Arfa is a little magician so he can impress in that role. Jonas obviously has far greater limits. He gets back and helps out defensively as all the team is required to do. Just when he receives the ball and is expected to be an outlet for us breaking forward he can carry the ball and win the odd freekick but not much else. He doesn't have the pace or the skill of Ben Arfa to turn 3 defenders inside out so he resorts to bombing down the line as far as he can and trying to induce a foul - often with some success.

Who's to know what would happen if we had our fullbacks (or anyone) providing more support to our attack? If Jonas wasn't trying to do it all himself down the left, while also providing defensive cover, I feel like he might be more effective.

Same problem with Cisse, really. Not enough support, expected to do it all himself while we have 10 men behind the ball.

One goal and no assists in his last 50 NUFC games and he 'can be dangerous'. :lol:

We know he can't cross or shoot for shit. His main assets are retaining the ball and linking up with his team mates.

My point is we have him doing that inside our own half instead of where he looked best: doing it out wide working with a raging full-back.

I'm not coaching him all week so I'm not really able to comment on what he's capable of right now. I have no idea. But the system we're playing at the moment seems to rely heavily on a handful of players being outlets needing to keep a hold of the ball and create something with not a great deal of support. Typically with those players starting from deep.

Ben Arfa is a little magician so he can impress in that role. Jonas obviously has far greater limits. He gets back and helps out defensively as all the team is required to do. Just when he receives the ball and is expected to be an outlet for us breaking forward he can carry the ball and win the odd freekick but not much else. He doesn't have the pace or the skill of Ben Arfa to turn 3 defenders inside out so he resorts to bombing down the line as far as he can and trying to induce a foul - often with some success.

Who's to know what would happen if we had our fullbacks (or anyone) providing more support to our attack? If Jonas wasn't trying to do it all himself down the left, while also providing defensive cover, I feel like he might be more effective.

Same problem with Cisse, really. Not enough support, expected to do it all himself while we have 10 men behind the ball.

Fair argument but I'm just saying I used to see him beat men all the time, I still see him trying it but it never works. Watch his debut vs Man Utd on YouTube, he's an entirely different player now.

Anybody else get the feeling we wont be making any incoming transfers this window

http://www.qbindex.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/My+face+when+I+see+overused+memes.+P.S.+Sarcastic+Willy_e90a8b_3533342.gif

Yes

Guest chopey

Everyone was thinking which club our high powered delegation was at the other day and it turns out they were just visiting Ashley at his all inclusive to tell him how the Cabaye deal was going

Guest bimpy474

Everyone was thinking which club our high powered delegation was at the other day and it turns out they were just visiting Ashley at his all inclusive to tell him how the Cabaye deal was going

And who do we think fed SSN with the high powered delegation bullshit.

Does it even matter? We'll just play them out of position. Where would anyone even strengthen? Jonas can cover all them positions.

Winger for a start, there isn't a single good one in the entire squad.

Pardew is crap, but ignoring the fact we have no winger, our only attacking midfielder isn't trusted, our only central midfielders looks like leaving, none of our defensive midfielders have really proven to be the long term answer is a bit silly.

Etc etc etc.

Does it even matter? We'll just play them out of position. Where would anyone even strengthen? Jonas can cover all them positions.

Winger for a start, there isn't a single good one in the entire squad.

Pardew is crap, but ignoring the fact we have no winger, our only attacking midfielder isn't trusted, our only central midfielders looks like leaving, none of our defensive midfielders have really proven to be the long term answer is a bit silly.

Etc etc etc.

We can play Jonas there, Gouffran and Shola. Depth tbh.