Newcastle United 1 - 0 QPR - 15/01/12 - Post-match reaction from page 42

Mike

Guest Howaythetoon

We've been poor bar a few decent moments and our football has been absolutely shocking at times constantly hoofing it. QPR dominated the first 20 minutes or so and have had several shots. Best took his goal really well and we finished on top but unless we stop hoofing it, get a settled formation going, and get more men into the box, we could lose out in a macth we ought to be winning and winning comfortably given the players we have, our form, their form and where we are both at in the table. I'd take of Taylor and put Abied in there because we are a mess in the centre at the moment. Jonas is my man of the match this far, he's the one carrying the threat to them. Shola has been the worst.

Guess I'm the only one who still thinks we played shit tones of long balls and nasty football when Cabs came off. Think we looked a bit better purely because of Ben Arfa's involvement and opposition being scared of his unpredictability and Jonas' running everywhere

--------Shola--------

Best-----------------

------------------HBA

----Jonás-Taylor---

-------Guthrie-------

Something weird like that, isn't it?

Shocking half from us, really. Good job QPR have put out what is probably the worst XI in the league this season

I'm really impressed. Most of our players seem to know where others will be, or have a good enough understanding of each other to be able to play so freely. Good stuff from Pards, considering 3 of our 4 'midfielders' on aren't starters. I'm really surprised. Maybe the pre cursor to even more of the same.

Are you really that satisfied with our performance? Apart from like the last 5 mins it was totally shocking half!!!

Don't agree with that. It was more like 20 minutes of the second half.

--------Shola--------

Best-----------------

------------------HBA

----Jonás-Taylor---

-------Guthrie-------

Something weird like that, isn't it?

Shocking half from us, really. Good job QPR have put out what is probably the worst XI in the league this season

I'm really impressed. Most of our players seem to know where others will be, or have a good enough understanding of each other to be able to play so freely. Good stuff from Pards, considering 3 of our 4 'midfielders' on aren't starters. I'm really surprised. Maybe the pre cursor to even more of the same.

Are you really that satisfied with our performance? Apart from like the last 5 mins it was totally shocking half!!!

I am, to be honest. I was shocked when Barfa came on. And I'm even more schocked with the formation and (lack of) instruction. It's class. Great way to play football, especially against turd like this. Would never have expected it.

We're capable, we should do it more.

saddest thing it took an injury for pardew to come up with this change and only by accident.

We've been poor bar a few decent moments and our football has been absolutely shocking at times constantly hoofing it. QPR dominated the first 20 minutes or so and have had several shots. Best took his goal really well and we finished on top but unless we stop hoofing it, get a settled formation going, and get more men into the box, we could lose out in a macth we ought to be winning and winning comfortably given the players we have, our form, their form and where we are both at in the table. I'd take of Taylor and put Abied in there because we are a mess in the centre at the moment. Jonas is my man of the match this far, he's the one carrying the threat to them. Shola has been the worst.

:thup: Agree with all but the settled formation bit.

The unpredictability is fucking them up :lol:

Guest bimpy474

any bets that pardew will switch back to 4-4-2  second half.

you just know he will that tit.

Oi you  :rant:

hahaha sorry but you know it,  i hope im wrong though.

:D

So was the early hoofball more instruction from Pards, or just sheer lack of composure from the players? People seem to be intimating it was more of a tactic.

Looked like it was more due to the static midfield. Ryan Taylor out wide was offering no movement whatsoever, and Jonas was still looking poor out there as he has been for a little while now. Cabaye and Guthrie had too much to do and weren't handling itwell it seemed.

So was the early hoofball more instruction from Pards, or just sheer lack of composure from the players? People seem to be intimating it was more of a tactic.

Looked like it was more due to the static midfield. Ryan Taylor out wide was offering no movement whatsoever, and Jonas was still looking poor out there as he has been for a little while now. Cabaye and Guthrie had too much to do and weren't handling itwell it seemed.

First thing players would do when they got the ball was get their head up in the direction of Best or Shola so I'd say it was tactical.