Fulham vs. Newcastle United - 21/01/12 Pre-match.

wormy

"Hatem played well against Rangere he really did, he added a new dimension to our play in attack."

"I just feel that to fit him into our current squad we had to change our philosophy, change our shape and our style of play, and that is the reason why I think Gabby will be more suited against a very good Fulham side, especially away from home where we may not see as much of the ball as we'd like."

"[ben Arfa will] get his moment and he has a big future here, he's beggining to show me that he want's it, he's looked superb in training."

No fucking way :lol:

A new QPR debacle... until Arfa comes on :doh:

How is a 1-0 win a debacle?

Lets be honest, it wasnt great.

because the first 20 minutes was the worst minutes for a long, long time. It wasn´t until Ben Arfa came on got better. Right now it´s basically only one thing that makes me annoyed and that is the Ben Arfa thing. He just has to start, and that at the right. but if we are going for a 4-5-1 this game I could be ok with him being nr 10.

Hope HBK plays on the right like

That'd be fucking spunk-inducing, like. Drive down the wing, cut in, stunning curler from outside the area and then give Stockdale a sweet chin music in celebration.

Guest pintofscottsellers

That'd be f***ing spunk-inducing, like. Drive down the wing, cut in, stunning curler from outside the area and then give Schwarzer a sweet chin music in celebration.

A was hoping he'd sweet chin music Duff out of the game so he doesn't score,  Schwarzer would do though

That'd be fucking spunk-inducing, like. Drive down the wing, cut in, stunning curler from outside the area and then give Stockdale a sweet chin music in celebration.

:lol: Be good just for his entrance music. Might liven the place up a bit, at least.

:lol: Be good just for his entrance music. Might liven the place up a bit, at least.

Fair point, like. Keep him as a sub for the entrance alone. And pintof above is right, too. Replace Schwarzer Stockdale for the Duffster.

Will be a tough test of our squad. Fulham is a hard place to go and we didn't look too convincing against a poor QPR team, espescially before Ben Arfa came on.

A draw wouldn't be such a bad result under the circumstances. In spite of Best's brilliant finish the two forwards showed poor movement against QPR. If Pardew is serious about dropping Ben Arfa again then it shows negativity and fear. I think we will need his quality as we are missing Tiote, Ba and possibly Cabaye too.

I've always rated Guthrie as a decent player and I'm confident he'll do well again. Having Cabaye in there too would be a big boost though because otherwise we're patching things up. It worked against QPR but bringing our most creative player onto the pitch also helped swing the balance in that game.

If he wants to give Simpson protection I don't see why Ben Arfa can't play off the front man dropping into the hole. He's still had very limited chances there. Best isn't the biggest to hold the ball up but after Shola's last performance I see no reason to include him just because he's a big guy. We can't afford another performance like that, we carried him in the last game.

"Hatem played well against Rangere he really did, he added a new dimension to our play in attack."

"I just feel that to fit him into our current squad we had to change our philosophy, change our shape and our style of play, and that is the reason why I think Gabby will be more suited against a very good Fulham side, especially away from home where we may not see as much of the ball as we'd like."

"[ben Arfa will] get his moment and he has a big future here, he's beggining to show me that he want's it, he's looked superb in training."

No f***ing way :lol:

Pards manages to p*** me off on a weekly basis atm

Bit about "Gabby" isn't true though. Or did I miss anything?

Bit about "Gabby" isn't true though. Or did I miss anything?

Don´t know if this quote is true. BUT, I would agree that you don´t sees as much of the football if you play worse players.

i'm just hoping he's meaning gabby logan.

he worries me with the bit about the style and philosophy as what he's talking about is a very basic rigid and static 4-4-2, no movement, no switching, no getting the best out of whats available. it's as if he thinks we've done well so far and is shit scared to change it incase it backfires, not having the confidence to think it could be even better.

Hang on, those quotes are a piss take right?

I assumed so given the early spelling mistake

Me too, and the fact that he'd be revealing part of the team selection days before the game. Just when I started seeing people discuss them as if they were real I though might have an aneurysm (sp?)

I'm not sure Pardew's fully sold on HBA wide yet but I think he's finally started paying attention to how rubbish Obertan's been at least. 3 victories in a row with him out of the way.

Guest Roger Kint

Hang on, those quotes are a piss take right?

I assumed so given the early spelling mistake

Me too, and the fact that he'd be revealing part of the team selection days before the game. Just when I started seeing people discuss them as if they were real I though might have an aneurysm (sp?)

I'm not sure Pardew's fully sold on HBA wide yet but I think he's finally started paying attention to how rubbish Obertan's been at least. 3 victories in a row with him out of the way.

I said it Sunday when he was named on the bench but i think Pardews biggest issue with HBA on the right is that he has zero goals on the bench if he starts that team. Its not so much worried about playing him there imo more having a game changer to come on when needed. Got the feeling he thinks HBA off a striker isnt going to work with the two he has at the minute and Shola generally doesnt change a game so HBA becomes the fall guy.