Fulham vs. Newcastle United - 21/01/12 Pre-match.

wormy

predict a defeat and you're prepared for it if you lose :thup:

If you win, it's a nice surprise :thup:

Imagine if Churchill had that attitude!  :dave:

I'll still be there at Craven cottage singing my heart out for 90 mins, I just think we'll lose. We have the ability to win, without a doubt.

Krul

Simpson - Williamson - Colo - Santon

Guthrie - Cabaye

Jonas                Vuckic              HBA

Best

:bluestar:

Nah it will be

Krul

Simpson - Williamson - Colo - Santon

Raylor - Guthrie - Gosling - Jonas

Ameobi - Best

Even though Pardew basically said Ben Arfa is starting I'm expecting another let down.

After winning today, we have the freedom to go out and play our football against both Fulham and Blackburn (albeit the cup game inbetween). The games when we've done best this season imo have been in games when we've not sat back and just saw a game out. Fulham and Blackburn need the points and we need to use this to our advantage - play the ball over/around/through their attacking midfield and attack their weaker defences. If we go out and allow them to play whilst trying to defend strong, I'd happily take a draw, but a win in both games is readily available if we take the game to them.

Its time for Pardew to be brave and go for it! If we lose, we don't really lose ground, but if we win, well it'll only put us above where we should be.

if pardew starts hba, I really dont understand his reasoning. Not that its wrong, but bench him at home to qpr but start away to a decent side? It wont happen.

Is cabaye going to be fit? If so same 11 as today I think.

If not, shall be interesting to see who be chucks in

Krul

Simpson    Williamson  Coloccini    Santon

Obertan      Guthrie      Cabaye      Jonas

Ben Arfa

Best         

Subs: Elliot, Ferguson, Shola, R Taylor, Perch, Gosling, Abeid.

Only other realistic options available are Harper, Vuckic, and Lovenkrands (and Smith of course). None made the bench at the weekend. Interesting that Ferguson was on the bench at the weekend after coming back from injury - would be good to see him get some time on the pitch soon.

Considering our new signing, what kind of performance can we expect from Best and Strolla at Craven Cottage? (Ok, for Strolla it can't possibly get worse).

Will they be up for a fight or limp through the next few weeks until the big guns arrive?

If we go with the same long-ball sh*t we've been seeing lately then we can pretty much forget about getting anything outta this game. Hangeland will be gobbling up those long balls all afternoon.

If we sit back we may be cut apart by the kind of passes that Murphy and Ruiz can deliver. IMO we really need to be up for this one and run them around the park. They not the most mobile of sides (Murphy, Ruiz, Dempsey to name a few). As much as I hate to say it, we may need Obertan; with  Guthrie, Cabaye and Jonas initially and then Ben Arfa later on to deliver the killer blow.

Hatem needs to dictate for us, run the game for us in moments and please Pardew with some running and pressing. If he can get in two or three really good performances by the time Ba and Big Ciss get back from ACN I'll feel far more comfortable that Pardew won't be able to drop him