Fulham vs. Newcastle United - 21/01/12 Pre-match.

wormy

Think Raylor has played pretty well this year. Solid and dependable.

We went 12 games unbeaten in spite of Ryan Taylor, not because of any contribution by him.

Utter bollocks that like.

I'd much prefer him in midfield as he is certainly a liability in defence, but atleast give the lad some credit ffs. We were solid at the back due to an organised and compact defense of which Taylor played a big part, and the QPR game aside he was pretty solid up until Man City.

EDIT: Especially stupid considering he picked up the winner in 2 of those games.

Raylor          Gosling

Guthrie

Ben Arfa                                  Jonas

Best

If I understand Pardew's thinking, Best and Ameobi are probably both going to start, although I think it's quite possible that he'll start HBA at right wing.

I gave up trying to 2nd guess Pardiola a long time ago.......

Plus he did say we would'nt buy a striker so hopefully he's telling a few porkies again  :D

"Hatem played well against Rangere he really did, he added a new dimension to our play in attack."

"I just feel that to fit him into our current squad we had to change our philosophy, change our shape and our style of play, and that is the reason why I think Gabby will be more suited against a very good Fulham side, especially away from home where we may not see as much of the ball as we'd like."

"[ben Arfa will] get his moment and he has a big future here, he's beggining to show me that he want's it, he's looked superb in training."

If I understand Pardew's thinking, Best and Ameobi are probably both going to start, although I think it's quite possible that he'll start HBA at right wing.

I gave up trying to 2nd guess Pardiola a long time ago.......

Plus he did say we would'nt buy a striker so hopefully he's telling a few porkies again  :D

:lol:

nice

"Hatem played well against Rangere he really did, he added a new dimension to our play in attack."

"I just feel that to fit him into our current squad we had to change our philosophy, change our shape and our style of play, and that is the reason why I think Gabby will be more suited against a very good Fulham side, especially away from home where we may not see as much of the ball as we'd like."

"[ben Arfa will] get his moment and he has a big future here, he's beggining to show me that he want's it, he's looked superb in training."

This real or something you've made up

nice try  :)

Think Raylor has played pretty well this year. Solid and dependable.

We went 12 games unbeaten in spite of Ryan Taylor, not because of any contribution by him.

Utter bollocks that like.

I'd much prefer him in midfield as he is certainly a liability in defence, but atleast give the lad some credit ffs. We were solid at the back due to an organised and compact defense of which Taylor played a big part, and the QPR game aside he was pretty solid up until Man City.

EDIT: Especially stupid considering he picked up the winner in 2 of those games.

Yea apologies - I meant defensive contribution. I am aware that he contributed 2 winning goals.

He played a part in so far as he was technically on the pitch but that is as far as it goes. He stood out like a sore thumb as the weak link. Downing, who everyone has been slating this year, made him look like a mug in that first half at Anfield, likewise Wright-Phillip and Sturridge. He was massively at fault at Man City and am pretty sure he gave the ball away that led to Hoillet's goal in the Blackburn game as well.

EDIT - Sorry just re-read your post and my argument isn't exactly addressing it. The point I was trying to make was the defence was solid, not Ryan Taylor. If more managers had targeted him as a weak link then he would have struggled big time. I cannot think of one occasion this season where I have come away thinking 'Well Raylor had the winger in his pocket'. If he starts in central midfield saturday then I will be bitterly disappointed.