Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

SHOLA Ameobi has counted them in and then counted them out since making his Newcastle debut against Chelsea in September 2000.

The Toon’s longest-serving outfield player has seen it all since bursting on to the scene as a teenager during the early years of Sir Bobby Robson’s reign.

He’s worked for 10 managers and has probably had more strike partners than any current Premier League forward.

“I’d guess it’s around 28,” he said. “And I’ve had almost as many managers.”

The actual figure of strike partners is 21, with £10m signing Papiss Cisse set to become the 22nd striker recruited since

Ameobi’s arrival on the first-team scene.

But Cisse’s arrival hasn’t got Ameobi sweating over his place.

“You would think that in a way, the signing would disappoint me but it doesn’t,” he said.

“We’ve had numerous strikers come in since I’ve been here and it does not change me. You’ve got to fight for your place at every club.

“Cisse is a top player who’s done fantastically well in the Bundesliga and his signing is really exciting.”

With Cisse and top scorer Demba Ba at the African Nations Cup, Ameobi has the chance to ensure he still has a key role under Alan Pardew, starting at Fulham today.

“If you’ve got the shirt, I know the manager is faithful to the team if we’re doing well,” he added.

“Some managers say stuff and don’t really stick to it but this one gives everyone a chance.

“Of course, we’ve had stand-outs like Demba Ba, but generally if you do well, you are going to stay in the team and I can’t see that changing.”

The Black Cats are on the up under their new boss, despite last week’s defeat at Chelsea.

But the fans want to see O’Neill splash the cash after bitter rivals Newcastle snapped up striker Papiss Cisse.

Indeed, even former chairman Niall Quinn’s been joking about it.

O’Neill said: “I was with Niall on Thursday night at a little restaurant he likes and I got plenty advice from fans.

“Most of it was quite useful, like asking when am I going to sign somebody – and that was from Niall!”

O’Neill has slapped down any suggestion that he was in the market for Cisse.

“Well played ­Newcastle but it’s not a major concern to me,” he said.

“I’ve had more than the occasional Sunderland fan saying, ‘We’ve got beaten to that one.’

“But we didn’t really because there was never an enquiry.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/231359/I-ll-buy-smart-roars-Martin-O-Neill-/?

German league is a brilliant entertaining, competitive and well ran league but the defending is not as good as England and Italy.

The bottom of the German league, based on the game I went to and watching highlights packages now and then is of a way lower standard than the PL.

Great entertainment though.

IMO La Liga > PL > Serie A > BL > Ligue 1 > Russia.

“We’ve had numerous strikers come in since I’ve been here and it does not change me. You’ve got to fight for your place at every club.

And that, Shola, is ninety percent of the f***ing problem!

“If you’ve got the shirt, I know the manager is faithful to the team if we’re doing well,” he added.

Well, you're f***ed there then. UL.

I must admit I didn't look at it from that perspective. More the fact he would of been completely isolated due the inept performance of the midfield during the first twenty five minutes second half, in that respect we missed Tiote far more than Ba or Cisse.

Guest Dontooner

Watched him for the 1st time for Senegal, He looked very sharp...Very Very Sharp , like a samurai sword...and i am describing his off the ball movement into dangerous places. Definitely, a master of fox in the box or early cross he will be making a diving header type. Sort of explains his Youtube goals which i have seen that are either tap ins or headers ....quite confident about this lads ability to score even with poor service..as he doesnt really need it to be on the platter... Think he might still hit 10 goals come end of the season.

Watched him for the 1st time for Senegal, He looked very sharp...Very Very Sharp , like a samurai sword...and i am describing his off the ball movement into dangerous places. Definitely, a master of fox in the box or early cross he will be making a diving header type. Sort of explains his Youtube goals which i have seen that are either tap ins or headers ....quite confident about this lads ability to score even with poor service..as he doesnt really need it to be on the platter... Think he might still hit 10 goals come end of the season.

madras might be nominating this for Pseud's Corner O0

Senegal got beat 2-1 by zambia

Papiss Cisse came on for Senegal midway through the second period, and was mostly anonymous save for one beautiful bit of skill.

Picking the ball up on the right, the new Newcastle signing chipped the ball over a Zambia defender before driving an irresistible ball to the far post.

However, his new club-mate Demba Ba could only hit the crossbar with his diving header

Papiss Cisse came on for Senegal midway through the second period, and was mostly anonymous save for one beautiful bit of skill.

Picking the ball up on the right, the new Newcastle signing chipped the ball over a Zambia defender before driving an irresistible ball to the far post.

However, his new club-mate Demba Ba could only hit the crossbar with his diving header

was a shocking miss by demba like

The miss by Demba was bad but the chip and the cross was brilliant.

It did look like another nothing move from Senegal and then suddenly a what I think was a very creative idea to chip the whole defence and get on to his own ball to cross for Demba.

was a shocking miss by demba like

It wasn't shocking... Was a tricky height...