Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

He took the initiative to get himself into a dangerous position in the box for the first time in a while. Glorious finish too.

Disagree, he pops up frequently. He's been doing what Perch did after 4 minutes in every game for a while. He racks up some serious mileage every game, like. Might be one of the reasons why Pardew is so keen to withdraw him every single fucking time.

Desperately hope we can hang onto him, something very likeable about him, aside from his quality.

It's his passion. His determination for the team is absolutely second to none; there's few in the squad that put more passion and effort into their game. He has improved to the point of being properly useful in the last few games... in a position that he hates and isn't suited to. That is tantamount to his determination.

I really love the bloke.

yes 100%

Ba scored 1 in the last 5

It's APs chance to change it around now...may help push the fucker out the door!

I'll ignore the last sentence for the sake of a (rare) proper discussion.

There's absolutely no need to drop either of them. I think the system can still be worked on, and get Cisse in the box more often, but there are semblances of some actual progress being made with the formation.

He took the initiative to get himself into a dangerous position in the box for the first time in a while. Glorious finish too.

I thought that it was one of the rare times that we actually got the ball in front of him in the box when he was facing goal.

Pretty funny when De Gea's punch went out after Cisse scored...looked like he was chuckling and pointing like "wow, look where that ball ended up" and proper loved when Jones' own goal occured and he was laying on the ground...Papisto patted him on the back. :lol:

Guest sicko2ndbest

It's APs chance to change it around now...may help push the f***er out the door!

There's absolutely no need to drop either of them. I think the system can still be worked on, and get Cisse in the box more often, but there are semblances of some actual progress being made with the formation.

Where have I said drop?

Ba Cisse Marveux

Should be the front 3 v Arsenal

It's APs chance to change it around now...may help push the f***er out the door!

Where have I said drop?

Ba Cisse Marveux

Alright, substitute the word 'drop' for 'swap'. Like i say, it can still be worked on, but we've had long swathes of decent attacking play in the last few games, QPR aside.

I was sick of seeing our attacking play being so opportunist all season. There seems to be more of a gameplan eeking through.

Disagree, he pops up frequently. He's been doing what Perch did after 4 minutes in every game for a while. He racks up some serious mileage every game, like. Might be one of the reasons why Pardew is so keen to withdraw him every single f***ing time.

It was a compliment btw. Reading it back it doesn't look like one. I haven't seen any replays of it yet but it looked like he truly smelled a good chance and made the run, which a player of that quality does all the time unless they're a mile outside the danger area when a cross comes in.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Where have I said drop?

Ba Cisse Marveux

Alright, substitute the word 'drop' for 'swap'. Like i say, it can still be worked on, but we've had long swathes of decent attacking play in the last few games, QPR aside.

I was sick of seeing our attacking play being so opportunist all season. There seems to be more of a gameplan eeking through.

My issue Yorkie is that I am happy to agree that Ba is the more creative player, and they are both good positional goalscorers, probably equally so (although Papiss is more instinctive)

We havnt got time and Ba hasn't got the willingness to go back to a 3 with him on the left!

AP may as well bite the bullet and just stick him out there

Disagree, he pops up frequently. He's been doing what Perch did after 4 minutes in every game for a while. He racks up some serious mileage every game, like. Might be one of the reasons why Pardew is so keen to withdraw him every single f***ing time.

It was a compliment btw. Reading it back it doesn't look like one. I haven't seen any replays of it yet but it looked like he truly smelled a good chance and made the run, which a player of that quality does all the time unless they're a mile outside the danger area when a cross comes in.

Aye dude, i know. What i'm saying is, i personally think he has been doing that. It just comes and goes and can be difficult to spot when his starting position is so far from goal.

This isn't intended to be as dickhead-ish as it sounds: but it's something i noticed against Wigan and Man City with the benefit of being at the games. He's dying to get into the box and seems to do so at the first chance he gets. The system needs to be worked on so it can happen more. If we had a better right-back, we could probably allow it.

Where have I said drop?

Ba Cisse Marveux

My issue Yorkie is that I am happy to agree that Ba is the more creative player, and they are both good positional goalscorers, probably equally so (although Papiss is more instinctive)

We havnt got time and Ba hasn't got the willingness to go back to a 3 with him on the left!

AP may as well bite the bullet and just stick him out there

I do get what you mean. My point (forgetting any debate surrounding potential sales) is that the attacking play is improving, so i wouldn't be making any big changes just yet, such as completely swapping player roles.

Aye dude, i know. What i'm saying is, i personally think he has been doing that. It just comes and goes and can be difficult to spot when his starting position is so far from goal.

This isn't intended to be as dickhead-ish as it sounds: but it's something i noticed against Wigan and Man City with the benefit of being at the games. He's dying to get into the box and seems to do so at the first chance he gets. The system needs to be worked on so it can happen more. If we had a better right-back, we could probably allow it.

Aye, I'm with you. Just seemed like every chance he's had recently he's looked like a player massively out of form regardless of where he takes it from but today he read the play perfectly (which I don't think he's done too much this season with him being in an alien position) and finished it like the Cisse of yore. He'll take great heart from that goal and it'll lead to more.

It's the best moment of the day and the most promising thing to take away, like.

We've just got to keep building. I have simmered, and am feeling fairly philosophical. Hopefully it wasn't just an underdog-driven flash-in-the-pan, and we continue to build, because the disparity in that performance and Southampton - for eg - was absolutely monumental. Proper shitter we've got such a tough game coming up, but a point there would be a massive lift before the transfer window.

It's obviously not what any of us wanted to be feeling; but i'm happy in that i feel less concerned about relegation.

Cisse has real desire for us. Everyone saw his frustration the other week after being brought off, he's being played out of position and trying, Ba seems to not want too pass to him though and would rather shoot from 75 yards out then play him through on goal, Ba also seems to be taking us for a ride over his refusal to drop his release clause.

I can't believe that some people on here have been rating Ba's commitment and even talent over Cisse's, to me Cisse has always been the better player and it's coming to obvious that his desire to do well for us is greater than Ba's as well.

Ba will always take a shot before he looks for the pass. It can be frustrating when it's not the best option, but it's only a trait of a natural goalscorer.

Tbh on this occasion he was justified in taking the shot first time. Bigi had found him with a great little ball in behind and he thought to let fly having just conceded the equalizer. He took the shot before he could even look up to see where Cisse was.

Other times though he clearly opts to take a shot rather than pass to a player who is in a moderately more dangerous position. Can't see him not passing to Cisse/anyone else if they were obviously in a much better position than he was.