Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Huge pressure on him now to suddenly start tucking away the kind of chances he's been missing all season. Playing in the middle will get him more opportunities, but it won't magically turn around his form without major improvement from the player himself. I certainly think he can do it, but it might take some time.

I just hope we don't waste too many opportunities to pick up points whilst this is ongoing.

Guest firetotheworks

Loads of pressure on him, but I can't remember the last time I had this much faith in a Newcastle player.

Guest Eggenberger

Fully expect him to pick up where Ba left off, now that he is no longer squeezed out on the wing.

1 in 2 from now on Papiss.

Guest pintofscottsellers

His first Toon hatrick tonight.. nailed on

All three to be ruled offside though... nah man, howay Papiss!

Guest icemanblue

January, innit?

http://lh4.ggpht.com/-GCYblk89oXA/T9CmSZQ--_I/AAAAAAAAADI/9zipHorsO0Y/Papiss-Cisse-message-for-Fergie.jpg

Really hope putting him through the middle improves him but i'm not convinced. Thought he was good against man united and scored a good goal but then he was absolutely diabolical against arsenal. Pretty much played with 10 men the amount of times he mis-controlled/gave away the ball.

We shouldn't really be asking him to be too involved with build up play though.

You have to in this day and age. Even Defoe has been improving that side of the game and Bent isn't getting a game partly because of it.

Ba is hardly Bergkamp but he's better in that regard and Cissse needs to develop that part of his game.

That's a fair point. I do think he's equal to Ba in terms of hold up though, even better on some occasions. He can't really do the brute force backing in type stuff but his ball control is often much better and he releases the ball quicker.

There's a bit of unfair stuff being said about him in the Ba thread as well with regards to him playing in a 2. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't flourish in a 2 if we found him the right partner and created some chances from wide, Debuchy should help massively with this.

IMO he always goes for the difficult finish. It doesn't help. You can't just be a poacher in this division. Link-up and/or bully defences. If Hernandez had the link-up play of Welbeck, he'd be really fighting for a first XI place.

Papiss through the middle in a 4-3-3? Come on, it's going to be a thrill. It is Everton though, which isn't the easiest match up, but I have no doubt he'll look much more of a threat tonight.

Really looking forward to it!

I'll be 4-4-2 with Shola and Cisse.

Would still work better on the whole, as Shola's style of play, when he's awake, is a better fit to partner Cisse.

Really hope it's a 4-3-3 with Marveaux behind Cisse. That would have some exciting potential.

The pressure really is on Cisse to perform, in that respect, I feel sorry for him.

Critical period for him, Pards needs to build the team around him now and make him the main man.