Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I'm happy to overlook this match as he's had two "goals" wrongly disallowed, but the fact still remains that he still keeps missing easy chances.

Only so many times it can be "unlucky" or a "good save" he was hardly against Buffon tonight but had 2 or 3 chances saved that he could have done better for. Finished the second ruled out brilliantly mind.

We are going to need his goals in the league and in Europe, he needs to really start finishing more of the chances he is getting.

I'm happy to overlook this match as he's had two "goals" wrongly disallowed, but the fact still remains that he still keeps missing easy chances.

Only so many times it can be "unlucky" or a "good save" he was hardly against Buffon tonight but had 2 or 3 chances saved that he could have done better for. Finished the second ruled out brilliantly mind.

We are going to need his goals in the league and in Europe, he needs to really start finishing more of the chances he is getting.

Keepers surprisingly make saves and forwards don't hit the net with every chance they have. If his 2 goals weren't unfairly ruled out he had a 8-9/10 game tonight.

Just have to be patient. He's trying it, will come and at least he is applying himself. Its getting frustrating but he's all we've got.

Keepers surprisingly make saves and forwards don't hit the net with every chance they have. If his 2 goals weren't unfairly ruled out he had a 8-9/10 game tonight.

I will completely agree with the two goals ruled out comment because if they weren't I would be licking his bum.

That said he has gone many games this season being "unlucky, will he ever score poor lad!?" and as I said eventually you have to question where he is putting the ball. The saves their keeper made weren't at all outstanding, he just stopped shots that were coming at him.  Forwards don't score many just smashing them at the keeper, he needs to up his game in terms of where he is putting the ball or it will be the same story.

Guest palnese

Much rather he keep missing than not having the chances to miss.

Very important point this. He's getting into good positions, but Allah is against him, and has been for some time.

I will completely agree with the two goals ruled out comment because if they weren't I would be licking his bum.

That said he has gone many games this season being "unlucky, will he ever score poor lad!?" and as I said eventually you have to question where he is putting the ball. The saves their keeper made weren't at all outstanding, he just stopped shots that were coming at him.  Forwards don't score many just smashing them at the keeper, he needs to up his game in terms of where he is putting the ball or it will be the same story.

He tried that against Chelsea whilst off ballance (placing the ball into the bottom corner) and got the same abuse :lol:

I agree, he's certainly not striking the ball like he can (no way those goals last season were all luck, he has genuine talent), it's just annoying that it's gotten to the point where every miss or offside is scrutinised even when he's starting to play well, especially in a game where he actually scored twice.

He tried that against Chelsea whilst off ballance (placing the ball into the bottom corner) and got the same abuse :lol:

I agree, he's certainly not striking the ball like he can (no way those goals last season were all luck, he has genuine talent), it's just annoying that it's gotten to the point where every miss or offside is scrutinised even when he's starting to play well, especially in a game where he actually scored twice.

100% agree with this man.

For all my criticism if I was Pardew I would be taking him to one side tonight, tell him to ignore the ridiculous decisions, tell him how intelligent his run was for the first and how quality his movement and finish was for the second. Really try to hammer home that he did score two goals and if it wasn't for shite officiating he would have practically won us the tie. Also praise him for not letting his head drop after the first was ruled out.

We should be using this game to really boost his confidence as much as possible.

The reason I am so critical is because I know he is far better than he has shown this season. Keepers don't get to his shots in the positions he has gotten into so he needs to improve that side of the game in his current form. He is capable of so much more which is why he has been more frustrating than someone like Williamson who I know has performed to the near the level he is capable.