Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

You've said Cisse's "positioning" is better than Benteke's despite Cisse being offside loads.

Cisse total offsides... 27

Benteke total offsides... 40

:lol:

I realise you're trying to be all mischievous and contrary but that still doesn't excuse you from being able to create a coherent argument.

My point was, he was just saying loads of things without much evidence. Nowhere did I say Benteke's positioning was good.

:lol: get in...  Cisse to me like a lot of players has been too deep this season, i thank him for linking play with the midfield i really do it helps but he has hardly been in the box or in and around the box this season.

That is a big part of the problem of him not getting chances he's never bloody there when we actually create them.

I really doubt he wants to be running back to the half way line passing to Cabaye, so it must be a tactic by Pardew.

He's not even getting into the position to score the goals he did last season, i really hope that changes.

You've said Cisse's "positioning" is better than Benteke's despite Cisse being offside loads.

Cisse total offsides... 27

Benteke total offsides... 40

http://www.upstreamonline.com/migration_catalog/article1195296.ece/ALTERNATES/article_main/Boxing+Punch+Boxers

What Unbelievable is saying... if he's not that strong, nor fast. Can't create from nothing. Isn't great at link-up. And is so reliant on excellent service. Maybe, just maybe.... he's not that great of a footballer.

This is why I compare him to Bent. For ages people have been telling me he's more than a poacher.

Definitely the worst post I've ever read.

Where am I wrong?

What Unbelievable is saying... if he's not that strong, nor fast. Can't create from nothing. Isn't great at link-up. And is so reliant on excellent service. Maybe, just maybe.... he's not that great of a footballer.

This is why I compare him to Bent. For ages people have been telling me he's more than a poacher.

If we cashed in on Cisse in the summer and he was playing like this for another team we'd be laughing our nuts off like we have with Carroll.

Make no mistake he's been at worst dogshit and at best average this season, I really don't know who the real Cisse is, last seasons or this. Players who've let us down this season but have quality have shown an upturn at some point, for me he's not done enough for me to class him as one of them, but I still have faith he will by the Nd of the season. If not then we really need to be looking at a new striker to take his place, out of form for a year is not good enough for where we want to be no matter how nice a lad he seems.

:thup:

Just to add though, I believe most of it is down to Pardew (and said so at the time) him pandering to Ba to get him to stay, forcing Cisse out wide, it was horrific to watch and it has effected him. But time to put that behind him, take his chances upfront and be a main striker again. Really cannot blame Pardew now for Cisse's form even if he did put him on this path with his utter bullshit first half of the season, he's got to be mentally stronger and take responsibility (not saying he doesn't but the fans are making too many excuses for him) for his own performances and fluffed chances.

Where am I wrong?

In the head.

I love Cissé, fantastic footballer and a great person. The people slagging him off can get to f***.

That's my deep and thoughtful contribution to this thread for now.

I'd take this post over the doom & gloom that makes its way into every thread now a days :lol:

I find it odd that his track record of scoring goals for years doesn't really count any more, and that we're now unsure what constitutes the "real" Cisse.

Very odd.

Especially since track record is so, so important whenever we want to criticise someone.

I find it odd that his track record of scoring goals for years doesn't really count any more, and that we're now unsure what constitutes the "real" Cisse.

Very odd.

http://www.soccerfanbase.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/Torres-and-Carroll.jpg

;)

Very odd.

Especially since track record is so, so important whenever we want to criticise someone.

I'm not criticising his past record, I'm analysing his performance so far this season and coming to the conclusion that it's at the level of his ability or where we need it to be. Nobody is saying he is shit or we should look to replace him as far as I can see, but some people ARE becoming tired of waiting for him to magically click into form whilst his underperformance can not be openly discussed without name calling or being accused of negativism. I can't speak for College Dropout, but I love the bloke as a person and enjoyed every minute of that magical first few months with us, but that doesn't stop me from saying it as I see it. I'm still confident he can find form and be that striker he promised to be, but I'm past blind hope at this point and openly worrying if it will happen this season at all. If some people can't handle a few critical questions with regards to their perceived darlings than so be it.

Very odd.

I'm not criticising his past record, I'm analysing his performance so far this season and coming to the conclusion that it's at the level of his ability or where we need it to be. Nobody is saying he is shit or we should look to replace him as far as I can see, but some people ARE becoming tired of waiting for him to magically click into form whilst his underperformance can not be openly discussed without name calling or being accused of negativism. I can't speak for College Dropout, but I love the bloke as a person and enjoyed every minute of that magical first few months with us, but that doesn't stop me from saying it as I see it. I'm still confident he can find form and be that striker he promised to be, but I'm past blind hope at this point and openly worrying if it will happen this season at all. If some people can't handle a few critical questions with regards to their perceived darlings than so be it.

I don't why you have to use such ridiculous exaggeration and stereotyping other people's views.

I do think that not acknowledging that Cisse's poor season is a serious problem that may not remedy itself given a bit more time, is pretty much equally as myopic as stating that he is now the next Torres.

The length of his poor form is not an insignificant amount of time.

[And as a side note, the offside statistic on the last page is daft IMO. Being in an offside position and being flagged for an offside (and recorded in a statistic) because someone passes to you are two different things entirely. I wouldn't deign to compare his positional sense to Benteke as I haven't seen nearly enough of Benteke to make any such judgement, but I've seen more than enough of Cisse this season to know that his awareness of offside this season has been about as good as Shola on horse tranquillisers. Admitting that doesn't make you a heretic/Cisse-hater/mean you have an agenda -it just means you've watched him play and formed an opinion].

Very odd.

I'm not criticising his past record, I'm analysing his performance so far this season and coming to the conclusion that it's at the level of his ability or where we need it to be. Nobody is saying he is s*** or we should look to replace him as far as I can see, but some people ARE becoming tired of waiting for him to magically click into form whilst his underperformance can not be openly discussed without name calling or being accused of negativism. I can't speak for College Dropout, but I love the bloke as a person and enjoyed every minute of that magical first few months with us, but that doesn't stop me from saying it as I see it. I'm still confident he can find form and be that striker he promised to be, but I'm past blind hope at this point and openly worrying if it will happen this season at all. If some people can't handle a few critical questions with regards to their perceived darlings than so be it.

I don't why you have to use such ridiculous exaggeration and stereotyping other people's views.

That's a fair enough statement, but I'm not the only one doing it. Plenty of people on the other side of the argument are ridiculing the thought that Cisse "dip in form" is even worthy of discussion.

I do think that not acknowledging that Cisse's poor season is a serious problem that may not remedy itself given a bit more time, is pretty much equally as myopic as stating that he is now the next Torres.

The length of his poor form is not an insignificant amount of time.

[And as a side note, the offside statistic on the last page is daft IMO. Being in an offside position and being flagged for an offside (and recorded in a statistic) because someone passes to you are two different things entirely. I wouldn't deign to compare his positional sense to Benteke as I haven't seen nearly enough of Benteke to make any such judgement, but I've seen more than enough of Cisse this season to know that his awareness of offside this season has been about as good as Shola on horse tranquillisers. Admitting that doesn't make you a heretic/Cisse-hater/mean you have an agenda -it just means you've watched him play and formed an opinion].

heretic

I just don't see how it's possible to draw any decent conclusion or get any outcome from this debate. Cisse is going through a poor period of form, that's a fact. That's the extent of the argument for me, just play him and wait for him to get into better form. There is no alternative.

All I object to is the excessive criticism of one of our top players rather than deciding to support him through it.