Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

He scored once and had nothing to do with the other goal other than getting in the way, not even in a 'getting himself in a dangerous position' way. He just had the ball booted off him.

If you want to mark that down as him putting one away that's your choice but he has clearly only scored one goal this season to anyone with any sense and 17 games into the season that isn't the sort of form you want from someone you're relying on to score the goals to move you up the table/keep you up.

11 (or 10 not including the handball which tbh showed a lot more instinct than Cisse's deflection) is the sort of form I would be far more confident to save our season. Ba is doing his best, he is scoring his share. It's other areas of the pitch that are letting us down.

I'm struggling to find anbybody other than you who has Cisse down as one goal.  :lol: 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/top-scorers

http://eurorivals.net/top-scorers/newcastle-united.html

http://www1.skysports.com/football/teams/newcastleunited

http://www.free-elements.com/England/Clubs/NewU0.html

As for Ba, has anybody claimed that he's not doing his best?

You're looking solely on stats and not the bigger picture. I am talking about having someone who is capable of getting us goals this season. You cannot include that goal for Cisse as him showing goalscoring form.

Fair enough he has two goals to his name this season but in terms of goals he has actually scored (ie he had any thought behind the finish) he has scored one.

Can't believe you are actually trying to credit him that goal, a blade of grass/crossbar/post/the bloody wind has had as much of a hand in goals as Cisse did that.

Cisse can't score for shit at the moment, thankfully Ba can. I don't believe this proposed change is magically going to get Cisse banging them in.

Seems moronic to suggest we move our most prolific striker (by some way) into a position he struggles to score from when the alternative is in such a drought.

Wahey!

Ba is the one scoring goals and he should play up top.  When Cisse starts scoring again, then that will be the time for that discussion.

:thup:

Both are/were playing central. Ba has taken his chances, Cisse hasn't. I am pro 4-4-3/4-5-1/4-2-3-1 as anyone but I don't believe the only reason Cisse isn't scoring is because Ba isn't playing on the left.

If Cisse starts banging them in I will change my mind but so far Ba is the one who has EARNED that central role. He has forced the issue but as he is walking the walk I can't see how anyone can take issue with him. If he kicked off to play centrally then failed then fair enough but he has scored the majority of our goals and justified his request. If we play better with one up top it shouldn't be the one who is performing that is dropped.

Clap for this man.

Ba is the one scoring goals and he should play up top.  When Cisse starts scoring again, then that will be the time for that discussion.

How's that ever going to happen, though? Ba leaving? 

:lol: How is Cisse ever going to start scoring again? Come on, man.

He's either going to have to start scoring as a winger or in a partnership with Ba - neither will happen on a consistent basis.

Heavens forbid, score alongside another striker.

Never thought I'd see petulance from him as he always seems dappy as any thing but I guess it's a sign of the times.

Played out of position, plays better than a tiring Ba and gets subbed off before the hour. The lad has every right to be p*ssed off and show it.

Never thought I'd see petulance from him as he always seems dappy as any thing but I guess it's a sign of the times.

I wouldn't call that petulance. The man was absolutely raging.

I feel for him like. He's being deployed in an absolutely ridiculous role that he is completely and utterly unsuited to. I'm no football manager, but i'm sorry, there has got to be more options than: a) up top in a 4-4-2, or b) 60 yards away from goal on the wing. It's total bullshit. He's playing out of skin, and the only thing rendering him more than totally useless is some nice footwork here and there.

I wouldn't call that petulance. The man was absolutely raging.

I feel for him like. He's being deployed in an absolutely ridiculous role that he is completely and utterly unsuited to. I'm no football manager, but i'm sorry, there has got to be more options than: a) up top in a 4-4-2, or b) 60 yards away from goal on the wing. It's total bullshit. He's playing out of skin, and the only thing rendering him more than totally useless is some nice footwork here and there.

Not shaking Pardew's hand is pretty petulant. However I doubt I would shake Pardew's hand if I was him either.

Big occasion - 6 pointer Vs QPR - woopppyyy.

Btw, He wasn't sulking too long he was going wild when Shola scored high fiving everyone in the dugout.

That's no less than i'd expect from the most passionate player in the squad, but that's a relief to hear all the same.

Guest bimpy474

Him (and Jonas tbh) are basically being hung out to dry at the moment with the roles they're being asked to perform.

Agree about Cisse but not Jonas. Jonas has played in the position he has played most of his career and been shit this season. He just looks finished as a top player, i say thet with a heavy heart as was a big fan.

I am glad he was pissed off maybe he needs to get angry, yeah Shola scored but how would Shola do if he was stuck out on the wing.

Pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter. Maybe he needs to rock the boat like Ba did, Ba gets to play in his favored position now.