Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

If he learned the offside rule though, he's playing for one of the elite like Bayern Munich or someone, not us.

Still think his all round game is too erratic for someone like Bayern.... he actually reminds me of Mario Gomez except Gomez is a lot stronger and more of an aerial threat.

Gomez is dogshit. They've been trying to turn this genemix plank into a striker for about 5 years. He'll take down the euro.

If he learned the offside rule though, he's playing for one of the elite like Bayern Munich or someone, not us.

Still think his all round game is too erratic for someone like Bayern.... he actually reminds me of Mario Gomez except Gomez is a lot stronger and more of an aerial threat.

Gomez is dogshit. They've been trying to turn this genemix plank into a striker for about 5 years. He'll take down the euro.

He's not dogshit.... very limited but knows how to gain a yard or two to get into positions to score goals just like Cisse.

But yeah they are much better now they have a striker who can link play and press the opposition effectively.

Was unfortunate not to notch a hat-trick in Lisbon. Could easily have had 2 or 3 last night had he timed his runs a little better too.

He's going to fucking punish someone badly before the end of the season. He'll have a game where it goes his way and he gets the bounce of the ball going his way.

He's not dogshit.... very limited but knows how to gain a yard or two to get into positions to score goals just like Cisse.

But yeah they are much better now they have a striker who can link play and press the opposition effectively.

It's basically that he lacks a lot of movement and awareness. Germany playing the one with three behind rotate it around a lot.

Was unfortunate not to notch a hat-trick in Lisbon. Could easily have had 2 or 3 last night had he timed his runs a little better too.

He's going to f***ing punish someone badly before the end of the season. He'll have a game where it goes his way and he gets the bounce of the ball going his way.

Pleasebesundaypleasebesundaypleasebesundaypleasebesundaypleasebesundaypleasebesunday...

He's going to fucking punish someone badly before the end of the season. He'll have a game where it goes his way and he gets the bounce of the ball going his way.

He always has more time than he seems to think.

The cliché about him not hitting the heights of last season are starting to piss me off. Yeah he's not scoring every single game any more, big fucking wow. :lol:

He's currently got 5 in 8, and 8 in 18 which should really be 9 in 18 considering the Metalist officiating howler. He should probably have more, but 1 in 2 isn't exactly shite is it?

Been banging this drum for months now.

'Dogshit' :lol:

Are things not being skewed by the fact he's been played on the wing all the up until Ba left pretty much?

That's just wrong tbf.

Oh maybe just seemed to happen a lot....in any case can't have helped his return.

It would be that, we were all so angered by it that it seemed to happen more than we realised :lol:

He actually only played there 5 times and for what its worth so did Ba when he played out wide, none the less its clear he was lacking confidence then whether he played next to Ba or outwide.

Now he looks like he will score and his movement looks like he will get himself into positions.

Are things not being skewed by the fact he's been played on the wing all the up until Ba left pretty much?

That's just wrong tbf.

Oh maybe just seemed to happen a lot....in any case can't have helped his return.

According to Football-Lineups, he's started out wide four times this season. Most of the time he's been up top with Ba or on his own.

That's just wrong tbf.

According to Football-Lineups, he's started out wide four times this season. Most of the time he's been up top with Ba or on his own.

Won't stop people from using it as a convenient excuse for his underperformance in the first part of the season.

'Dogshit' :lol:

:crazy2: His record speaks of it self. More of a goal threat than Cisse will ever be. Cisse is better in general play though.

Guest JRandall96

Howay Pappis! Scoring on sunday would get the fans right behind him again! Which in my opinion is exactly what he needs!  :)

9 goals since Ba left, 4 while Ba was here this season - that sound right?

suggests he'll do fine next season, especially considering how shit we've been the majority of this season....UNLESS pardiola decides to do something stupid with his striking options in the summer, which i doubt

g Saying he doesn't score enough goals is extraordinary. He's a goal machine who went through a bit of a drought, like Demba Ba did, like Rooney regularly does, like van Persie is at the moment.

The amount of toys thrown out of the pram this season by certain people about Cisse has been pathetic.

8 goals in 30 Premiership games this season, 13 in 41 overall. Is that enough for you from a lone forward?

How many of those were as the lone forward? probably like 10 :lol:

How many of those were as a right winger? Probably like 5 :lol:

How many of those were as a forward, be it a lone forward or as part of a front 2? Probably like 25 :lol:

8 goals in 30 is not enough, whatever way you look at it, for your only striker in a 4-3-3 in a team aiming for European qualification.

I find it funny that the people who are most critical of Pardew are the ones who are most forgiving when it comes to Cisse's underachievement this season, considering the fact that if Cisse had anywhere near the same chance conversion rate as last season, we would be comfortably sitting in the top half of the table.

On your last point, the reason you should be critical against Pardew is because you have to be a pretty rubbish manager to not get a player like Cisse to score. Loads of us were saying in the first half of the season that we should be playing to his strengths, which was pretty much the opposite of what we did. We have started doing it a bit since Ba left and to no one's surprise both us and Cisse have improved.

That's just wrong tbf.

Won't stop people from using it as a convenient excuse for his underperformance in the first part of the season.

Except those stats don't tell the whole story. He might have started 4 on the right, but one of those were when Ba left and Shola started up top. I swear to god there was more than three games where Cisse was drifted out wide and played there for more than 70% of a game. He's not had the best season, but he's not our biggest problem and your timing is terrible as he had one of his better games this season for us against Benfica. He's coming into his own and has been the last month.

As for his conversion rate, he's not the worst in the league and he has missed a fair few chances this season but he's also been very unlucky at times. It's a confidence thing and when Ba left and he got to play centrally again consistently he's been better. If you don't see it, it wouldn't surprise me as you believe the dutch and portuguese league are similar.

g Saying he doesn't score enough goals is extraordinary. He's a goal machine who went through a bit of a drought, like Demba Ba did, like Rooney regularly does, like van Persie is at the moment.

The amount of toys thrown out of the pram this season by certain people about Cisse has been pathetic.

8 goals in 30 Premiership games this season, 13 in 41 overall. Is that enough for you from a lone forward?

How many of those were as the lone forward? probably like 10 :lol:

How many of those were as a right winger? Probably like 5 :lol:

How many of those were as a forward, be it a lone forward or as part of a front 2? Probably like 25 :lol:

8 goals in 30 is not enough, whatever way you look at it, for your only striker in a 4-3-3 in a team aiming for European qualification.

I find it funny that the people who are most critical of Pardew are the ones who are most forgiving when it comes to Cisse's underachievement this season, considering the fact that if Cisse had anywhere near the same chance conversion rate as last season, we would be comfortably sitting in the top half of the table.

On your last point, the reason you should be critical against Pardew is because you have to be a pretty rubbish manager to not get a player like Cisse to score. Loads of us were saying in the first half of the season that we should be playing to his strengths, which was pretty much the opposite of what we did. We have started doing it a bit since Ba left and to no one's surprise both us and Cisse have improved.

We have improved lately, but that's probably as much to do with our January signings hitting the ground running as it is with Cisse playing up top on his own. Of course Cisse has also improved as we have started playing to his strengths as you say. I'm not denying any of that; on the contrary, I have praised him in recent weeks for getting us the goals that win games. What I am doing is expressing a (valid in my humble opinion) concern whether it is enough. If you play a 433 and your sole forward has a 1 in 2 goalscoring rate  (and that's being very generous as his goalscoring rate for the entire season stands at 1 in 3.8) based on a below average conversion rate, and then you combine that with there not being that many goals in other areas of the team (especially with HBA injured), then you'll be lucky to score a goal on average per game, which will see you draw or lose more often than not. The 433 may suit Cisse down to the ground, and indeed a number of our other players, but I'm worried about the number of goals we score in that system with Cisse (in this season's form) as the focal point.

My frustration this season with all this is the knowledge he can do so much better, as he has shown in Germany and in his first few months for us. Now some people like to complain endlessly about players who are not good enough (the likes of Simpson and Williamson), but I find disappointing performances from players who are playing above their level easier to accept than from players who are fully capable of doing better. I think the reason why a lot of people are so forgiving towards Cisse is his work rate, which is impressive it has to be said, so you can't say it's for want of trying that he hasn't been good enough. That's a fair enough stance I suppose, but purely looking at end product I fail to see why people are so sensitive about the least amount of criticism directed at Cisse, especially coming from people who aren't exactly afraid to dish it out at other members of our playing and non playing staff.