Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

His 8 goals wouldn't have been such an issue if everyone else in our team, bar Cabaye from set pieces, wasn't utterly inept at sticking the ball in the back of the net.

I agree, however this is his thread and his downfalls are being highlighted. We can talk about the rest of the team and how shit they were in the respective threads, no?

He has to carry the blame for his short comings, and there were plenty last season. The fact i'm not just going 'fuck off cunt' like i feel with pardew or Jonas mean i still hold out hope for him and want him here, he just needs to improve on last season.

Not really. His main problem isn't whether he is/isn't good it's that for whatever reason we're utterly reliant on him for goals.

With a bit more support he'll improve as his chance numbers will go up and chances are he'll be under less pressure to snatch at them knowing if he doesn't score, someone else might contribute.

Probably didn't help his cause that bar 15 mins at the end of the Mentalists away game he played every single second of the season.

His 8 goals wouldn't have been such an issue if everyone else in our team, bar Cabaye from set pieces, wasn't utterly inept at sticking the ball in the back of the net.

I agree, however this is his thread and his downfalls are being highlighted. We can talk about the rest of the team and how s*** they were in the respective threads, no?

He has to carry the blame for his short comings, and there were plenty last season. The fact i'm not just going 'f*** off c***' like i feel with pardew or Jonas mean i still hold out hope for him and want him here, he just needs to improve on last season.

Not really. His main problem isn't whether he is/isn't good it's that for whatever reason we're utterly reliant on him for goals.

Until we moved 4-4-2 the side was built for him to score tbh. The way many said we should operate. We looked a bit better when we went 4-4-2. If you go 1 uptop ideally he leads the line and scores loads. But mostly, it's either to get him goals or for him to bring in everyone else. Fernando Torres still does a decent job assisting and leading the line for Chelsea. He just won't score. Papiss is the other type similar to Demba. If he's up top by himself, it's for him to score bucketloads.

So while everyone else was poor. The system was built around Cisse the way many here wanted. Even if it failed - badly and we still didn't create loads.

I agree, however this is his thread and his downfalls are being highlighted. We can talk about the rest of the team and how shit they were in the respective threads, no?

He has to carry the blame for his short comings, and there were plenty last season. The fact i'm not just going 'fuck off cunt' like i feel with pardew or Jonas mean i still hold out hope for him and want him here, he just needs to improve on last season.

With a bit more support he'll improve as his chance numbers will go up and chances are he'll be under less pressure to snatch at them knowing if he doesn't score, someone else might contribute.

Probably didn't help his cause that bar 15 mins at the end of the Mentalists away game he played every single second of the season.

In all honesty I don't see why it has to be one or the other, i think its both. His goal return is certainly highlighted by the fact no one else is really helping him out with goals, but his own return certainly isnt good enough for a main striker wanting to stay in the league (never mind other aspirations)

In all honesty I don't see why it has to be one or the other, i think its both. His goal return is certainly highlighted by the fact no one else is really helping him out with goals, but his own return certainly isnt good enough for a main striker wanting to stay in the league (never mind other aspirations)

:thup:

He scored 13, including some very important goals in Europe. Dropping it down to league goals only is pointless.

13 in 47 is Craig Bellamy numbers. It's not good enough either.

I'm not saying it is, just that all his goals should be taken into account when discussing how well he has done.

His goals against Anzi and Benfica in partic shouldn't be forgotten.

:thup:

I agree basically, I just think the whole debate is irrelevant unless the team as a whole is functioning well. We were playing so shite it was completely unrealistic to expect our striker to get 20 goals.

Just saying, he was scoring when we were playing s**** so I don't know why Cisse would get a bye.

Fair enough, well Ba doesn't play for us any more so obviously the rules are different.  O0

Tbh i have come around to TT's line of thinking with regards to Cisse, genuinely do believe he needs competition and not just a partner.

Would look to sign someone pacey to stretch defences and someone who can hold the ball up. ( very unlikely i know)

But then again i don't really trust Pardew to rotate them properly if that happened.

Just saying, he was scoring when we were playing shite so I don't know why Cisse would get a bye.

I wasn't saying he should get a bye, not sure what that would even mean. The general performance of the team is just a big factor in whether a striker scores goals or not.

Just saying, he was scoring when we were playing s**** so I don't know why Cisse would get a bye.

I wasn't saying he should get a bye, not sure what that would even mean. The general performance of the team is just a big factor in whether a striker scores goals or not.

The reverse logic is that if the striker(s) score goals, results improve and confidence grows, leading to better general performances of the team.

The reverse logic is that if the striker(s) score goals, results improve and confidence grows, leading to better general performances of the team.

True to a certain extent, aye.

Ba scored 13 in 21 for a shit team but it was 'completely unrealistic' to expect Cisse to score 20 in 47 for that same team. Okay.

Ba is better at making his own chances from scraps, not much doubt about that. Ba is probably a better player overall, doesn't stop Cisse being a top striker.

i do not blame him for his poor form last season.

He was put out wide (after scoring 13 goals in 13 matches or so)...where he can´t play coz he does not have the attributes for it. He is a killer in the box - one of the best imo. When ba left and he was put back in the box and he had no support. arfa out injured and he was left alone on top with hardly any help. Still he tried hard all season.

If anyone should be unhappy it should be him. Great player - he has his limitations as many others...he did not come here to be alone striker or play on the wing!!!

We should be happy if does not leave this summer imo.

Ba scored 13 in 21 for a s*** team but it was 'completely unrealistic' to expect Cisse to score 20 in 47 for that same team. Okay.

arfa being out played a big part as well (all creativity and threats gone) ...and we did become worse and worse during the season. good first half in many matches and then creating nothing in 2nd half. Hard conditions for a striker!!

Never really complained - just tried his best! Hope he is here for next season!

Cisse scored the same amount of goals as Ba did in Germany...Cisse just scored them in around 30 less games.

I think Cisse can be a far more deadly striker than Ba can be but this is just my opinion. Thought we worked well with Ba out wide but things went tits up when Ba demanded to play centrally start of this season, albeit he scored the goals but we didn't look anywhere near as effective as when he was out wide. Shafting Cisse out there did nothing but hinder us.