Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

How is Cisse being hypocritical? Who is he lending money to?

Because he quite happily wore a shirt with virging money on, while playing in the barclays premier league. They're both money lenders who chatge interest.

What Cisse is effectively saying is that Sharia law is ok with interest rates of less than 50%. Which is absolute bollocks.

It isn't.

The definition of usury differs depending on where you are in the Muslim world. Some consider any interest at all to be usury but many believe that only excessive interest is usury.

I stand corrected, i foolishly assumed that it was black and white. So you can interpret the rule how you see fit and overlook the rules you don't like. Just like every religion really, shoulda known.

Either way, while i admire the mans conviction he can't dictate to the club how it's gonna go. And i can't see Ashley allowing him to. I fully expect Cisse is being offered to clubs in France and Germany right now.

That's fine I can understand their position. But I support Newcastle United not Wonga. If we are going to start losing players because we are associated with that shit stain organisation then we damn well better replace them with someone as good or better.

I know Wonga and Virgin Money are very different in how they do business, however, surely Virgin Money's business would also go against Cisse's religion? For me Cisse is in the wrong on this one if the stories are true. Then again as someone pointed out earlier the club hold some responsibility for accepting such a cunty sponsor in the first place.

It's not acceptable for views to be a matter of degree? For example, Cisse things (like almost everyone) that Wonga are a lot worse than Virgin?

Yes there are different levels and Wonga are on a different level from Virgin Money, however, supposedly he is using religious grounds not to wear the sponsor on his shirt. I am no expert in Islamic law however, I am assuming there is no side note saying that certain degrees of lending for money is acceptable. The religious grounds that they do not believe in lending money for profit, to me this protest is in part for that reason and partly because of such a cunty reputation Wonga have. If it was purely religion then surely he should have just as strong views against Virgin?

I don't want no religious bullshit to dictate anything in the club I support. Cissé is the only one who seemingly is making a huge deal out of it too. When it comes to this, he can fuck off. Sure, make a stand, but this is just ridiculous.

How is Cisse being hypocritical? Who is he lending money to?

Because he quite happily wore a shirt with virging money on, while playing in the barclays premier league. They're both money lenders who chatge interest.

What Cisse is effectively saying is that Sharia law is ok with interest rates of less than 50%. Which is absolute bollocks.

It isn't.

The definition of usury differs depending on where you are in the Muslim world. Some consider any interest at all to be usury but many believe that only excessive interest is usury.

/LockFuckingThread!

Its like the fucking Wright Stuff in here.

The other worrying thing about this is the knock-on effects it may have on the other players. Cisse seems like quite a happy-go-lucky, friendly guy to me and those who've met him say the same. Generally he plays the game with a smile on his face. I can't imagine him being precluded from a pre-season training and team-building trip with the rest of the entire playing squad is something that they feel too cracking about, particularly considering he's our number one striker.

I wouldn't assume that Cisse has the support of the other players. The other Muslim players aren't raising the same objection, and I would imagine a large part of the squad feel that Cisse is being hypocritical, for the same reasons as several on here.

Well you are assuming same as everyone else if you think they will regard it as hypocrisy. For all those saying Wonga is just like Barclays, I'm sorry it's not. I'll bet no major club would touch Wonga with a shitty stick and it's bad enough we stooped to that level, now it's costing us our better players.

Just a word on this, they're one of the largest global investors in the arms trade. Mind, those who give so much importance to a book that glorifies holy war might not object to that as much as large interest rates.

Well now I am more educated on the nuances of Barclays global profit strategy. Maybe someone from the club should send Cisse's advisors a dossier on comparative financial corporations and their suitability for their client. Although realistically I think it would be better to keep it simple.

I didn't mention Cisse, it was a response to you and others saying Wonga are so much worse than Barclays. Obviously that's down to interpretation, but there's lots more to Barclays than charging interest, that's all I'm saying.

I don't want no religious bullshit to dictate anything in the club I support. Cissé is the only one who seemingly is making a huge deal out of it too. When it comes to this, he can fuck off. Sure, make a stand, but this is just ridiculous.

I think Cisse's possibly painted himself into a corner here. He's spoken about it months ago, the press has go hold of it, and now it's at a point where even if he wanted to just put the shirt on and go to Portugal he look a cunt as well as bad muslim if he does.

Guest Roger Kint

If I was Anzhi, or whoever else has been linked with him, I'd be all over a derisory bid around now.

Should tell them we want Traore plus cash if they do.

There's not a player yet who's gone up against the Ashley regime and won. They all end up getting shipped out eventually.

The writing is on the wall, be it now or January.

I like Cisse. He's capable of the unexpected but I'm not sure how suitable he is with the personnel we have behind him. He doesn't really fit the system AP implemented last year and for as long as Pardews here I can't imagine the guy getting a wealth of chances.

28 years old, stop start season last year, Russian clubs apparently sniffing around him and Darren Bent seemingly very keen on signing for us..

As Minhosa said, the writings on the wall once you go against the top brass.

I'd be sad to see Cisse go as he's a likeable bloke, he tries his best and he's capable of scoring from nothing. The resolution to all of this is so easy, it's frustrating that It can't be settled.

Guys, I thought the problem is the fact that Wonga don't offer any muslim friendly loans, i.e. Most banks offer loans for muslims where they don't get charged interest, and instead offer other forms of payment for the loan. Wonga don't do this, and therefore are morally reprehensible.

Secondly, fucksake, he can make a decision on entirely moral grounds if he wants, I respect morals far higher than religious doctrine, and so should everyone. If you don't believe something is right, stand up for yourselves.

Nothing has been said by Cisse on this matter, and I won't be calling him worse than shite before I hear a club statement or something from his representatives.

Guys, I thought the problem is the fact that Wonga don't offer any muslim friendly loans, i.e. Most banks offer loans for muslims where they don't get charged interest, and instead offer other forms of payment for the loan. Wonga don't do this, and therefore are morally reprehensible.

Secondly, fucksake, he can make a decision on entirely moral grounds if he wants, I respect morals far higher than religious doctrine, and so should everyone. If you don't believe something is right, stand up for yourselves.

Nothing has been said by Cisse on this matter, and I won't be calling him worse than s**** before I hear a club statement or something from his representatives.

O0

Guest Haris Vuckic

Support the team not the regime.

I know - I was taking the mick out of it the other day.

That's an oxymoron.

Just poking fun at the reaction of some fans kicking off about Cisse whilst saying the above slogan. :lol:

Now i'm not a total muslim lover or agree with any of their shit (Or any other religious shit), but wouldn't you think Football clubs would be considering the commercial agreements they enter into these days with religion and influx of foreigners into our game.

At the same time Cisse/Club should grow the fuck up and just get on with it

Nothing has been said by Cisse on this matter, and I won't be calling him worse than shite before I hear a club statement or something from his representatives.

Spot on.

A vocal minority of posters on here are sounding like EDL members in my opinion.

Cisse is entitled to his beliefs, and has the human right to say no to anything that affects his ability to practice his faith.

The real minefield, is having established that right can he still play for us in his terms, or does the club have the right to suspend him until they can make the sale?

Guest Roger Kint

How exactly does a logo on his work uniform affect his ability to practice his faith? Fair enough he has moral objects to it but fucking hell lets not go daft here  :lol:

How exactly does a logo on his work uniform affect his ability to practice his faith? Fair enough he has moral objects to it but f***ing hell lets not go daft here  :lol:

The muslim faith is not exactly straight forward though is it. Due to loads of made up shit that Allah hates paying interest and loves banging virgins means they have to do all to please him. Including praying x amount of times a day and not eating for a while. It's all bollocks really, faith is there to stop people being ill disciplined and realising there is nothing when you die.

I am not anti-muslim though, I am anti-faith even if I am catholic - whose rituals include banging children

How exactly does a logo on his work uniform affect his ability to practice his faith? Fair enough he has moral objects to it but fucking hell lets not go daft here  :lol:

Well if his faith (in his opinion) instructs him not to wear it, he isn't practicing it properly if he does.

Beliefs have a moral code, and people practice their faith by following that moral code. Individuals may have different interpretations, but this is Cisse's interpretation. Making him doing something against this moral code is an attempt to prevent him from practicing his faith via his own interpretation.