Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guys, I thought the problem is the fact that Wonga don't offer any muslim friendly loans, i.e. Most banks offer loans for muslims where they don't get charged interest, and instead offer other forms of payment for the loan. Wonga don't do this, and therefore are morally reprehensible.

Secondly, fucksake, he can make a decision on entirely moral grounds if he wants, I respect morals far higher than religious doctrine, and so should everyone. If you don't believe something is right, stand up for yourselves.

Nothing has been said by Cisse on this matter, and I won't be calling him worse than shite before I hear a club statement or something from his representatives.

Spot on.

A vocal minority of posters on here are sounding like EDL members in my opinion.

Cisse is entitled to his beliefs, and has the human right to say no to anything that affects his ability to practice his faith.

The real minefield, is having established that right can he still play for us in his terms, or does the club have the right to suspend him until they can make the sale?

Really shite bit that. There has not been one bit of racism or EDL nonsense, anti religion yes. I detest religion in all guises, absolute hogwash and complete bollocks of a thing.

It's not about his complaint which is perfectly valid, it's the hypocrisy in some of our eyes when he gambles. As some have said, he can pick and choose as he pleases from his religion, to what he agrees with and what he doesn't, that's the bit i don't agree with.

It's not that simple, there isn't usually one version of religion. I would think even in Christianity there will be some opinions which are more hardcore than others. 7th Day Adventists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Protestants, Lesbian Women for Christ etc.

He wants out. Simple as . Hes using this all as an excuse to manufacture a move.

No player asks for a move now, cos it hits them in the only place any of them care about (regardless of religious and spiritual beliefs)...their pocket.

Look at Rooney. wants away, wont ask for transfer cos itll cost him.

This c***s the same.

f*** him. bye.

Total fabricated BS imo, all this nonsense about being offended.

Realises our club is a f***ing shambles, wants to negotiate a pay increase (it is being alleged) and is using this as a tactic. A tactic in either a) he gets offered more money (lets see how quickly his objections evaporate if this is the case) or b) hes sold. picks up loyalty bonus for not asking for move, signing on fee from new club and new contract.

f***ing mercenary c***s the lot of em.

Didn't Freddy Kanoute do the same thing at Seville? Did he want out? As far as I know, the sponsors came to an agreement with him where he could wear a non-branded jersey as long as he complied in some other fashion, but as far as I know Kanoute stayed with Seville.

Freddy Kanoute's name keeps cropping up as another moral flag bearer, but didn't he change his mind and wear the sponsor in the end?

He wants out. Simple as . Hes using this all as an excuse to manufacture a move.

No player asks for a move now, cos it hits them in the only place any of them care about (regardless of religious and spiritual beliefs)...their pocket.

Look at Rooney. wants away, wont ask for transfer cos itll cost him.

This c***s the same.

f*** him. bye.

Total fabricated BS imo, all this nonsense about being offended.

Realises our club is a f***ing shambles, wants to negotiate a pay increase (it is being alleged) and is using this as a tactic. A tactic in either a) he gets offered more money (lets see how quickly his objections evaporate if this is the case) or b) hes sold. picks up loyalty bonus for not asking for move, signing on fee from new club and new contract.

f***ing mercenary c***s the lot of em.

Didn't Freddy Kanoute do the same thing at Seville? Did he want out? As far as I know, the sponsors came to an agreement with him where he could wear a non-branded jersey as long as he complied in some other fashion, but as far as I know Kanoute stayed with Seville.

Freddy Kanoute's name keeps cropping up as another moral flag bearer, but didn't he change his mind and wear the sponsor in the end?

I checked on Wiki and they came to some agreement that he would be excluded from their publicity campaigns as long as he wore the shirt, so yes there was a compromise. Apparently he was contractually obliged to wear the sponsors shirt. No idea what the situation is wrt Wonga but I would imagine it would be similar.

Guys, I thought the problem is the fact that Wonga don't offer any muslim friendly loans, i.e. Most banks offer loans for muslims where they don't get charged interest, and instead offer other forms of payment for the loan. Wonga don't do this, and therefore are morally reprehensible.

Secondly, fucksake, he can make a decision on entirely moral grounds if he wants, I respect morals far higher than religious doctrine, and so should everyone. If you don't believe something is right, stand up for yourselves.

Nothing has been said by Cisse on this matter, and I won't be calling him worse than shite before I hear a club statement or something from his representatives.

Spot on.

A vocal minority of posters on here are sounding like EDL members in my opinion.

Cisse is entitled to his beliefs, and has the human right to say no to anything that affects his ability to practice his faith.

The real minefield, is having established that right can he still play for us in his terms, or does the club have the right to suspend him until they can make the sale?

Really shite bit that. There has not been one bit of racism or EDL nonsense, anti religion yes. I detest religion in all guises, absolute hogwash and complete bollocks of a thing.

It's not about his complaint which is perfectly valid, it's the hypocrisy in some of our eyes when he gambles. As some have said, he can pick and choose as he pleases from his religion, to what he agrees with and what he doesn't, that's the bit i don't agree with.

It's not that simple, there isn't usually one version of religion. I would think even in Christianity there will be some opinions which are more hardcore than others. 7th Day Adventists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Protestants, Lesbian Women for Christ etc.

The Judean People's Front.

Being Anti-Religion doesn't mean you sound racist etc.  What absolute tripe.

Spot on.

Totally, i'm not racist at all I just despise religion, don't believe in any of it really and it's all man made, doesn't make me racist when I talk about hating muslim shit, because muslim is not a race. Also don't support EDL, as I also hate all political movements and think they are extremists.

Just as catholic is not a race but I think a lot of what they spout is absolute garbage

Guest bimpy474

Spot on.

Well i'm taking his decision in isolation, i know it's not that simple tbf. Although i detest the lot so i'm extremely biased with my anti religious views. I'm not a outlaw it kind of person, i just think it's complete nonsense..

Guest bimpy474

Being Anti-Religion doesn't mean you sound racist etc.  What absolute tripe.

Spot on.

Totally, i'm not racist at all I just despise religion, don't believe in any of it really and it's all man made, doesn't make me racist when I talk about hating muslim shit, because muslim is not a race. Also don't support EDL, as I also hate all political movements and think they are extremists.

Just as catholic is not a race but I think a lot of what they spout is absolute garbage

Yep, i'm just like you. As hard as i find it to do, i'm letting my boys decide for themselves (through school, life etc) if they want to believe in it. I'm honestly not even trying to influence them in any way, if they ask my opinion i'll tell them straight that i think it's nonsense, but i tell them it's for them find their own view.

What I will say is that if the club feels it has to support the sponsors they are totally within their rights. By the same token they've made this bed now they have to lie in it. Ship Cisse out, but then we need to see some equally good strikers coming in. We have lost Ba, Cisse and Bent in the space of 12 months if this isn't resolved. So never mind signing deals with spiv loan companies, sign some fucking strikers.

Guest bimpy474

What I will say is that if the club feels it has to support the sponsors they are totally within their rights. By the same token they've made this bed now they have to lie in it. Ship Cisse out, but then we need to see some equally good strikers coming in. We have lost Ba, Cisse and Bent in the space of 12 months if this isn't resolved. So never mind signing deals with spiv loan companies, sign some fucking strikers.

:icon_scratch:

:lol: You're right mate, definitely start getting some players in  O0

Guest reefatoon

What's Carlton Cole doing these days?

Learning to ride a bike while eating an apple, so he can take over from the mighty one.

Guest reefatoon

What's Carlton Cole doing these days?

Learning to ride a bike while eating an apple, so he can take over from the mighty one.

As if he's talented enough for that.

You are right, he is still in the learning stages.

http://www.fotoshack.us/fotos/51548Carlton-eating-apple.jpg

A few knackers out today.

Reckon the thread should be locked until there's been an actual statement released by either party.

You've read this forum before, aye?

:lol: To be fair, there's been some absolute weapons posting in this thread recently. I disagree with the racism remark, but there's been alot of ignorant and embarrassing stuff being thrown around.

Get Cisse out if he doesnt want to play for the team. Him and Pardew was excuse galore last season. 13 goals in 47 apparences is not good enough, he should be glad that he gets to keep the number 9 Jersey..