Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

That's absolutely fine, I think the same. My problem comes from people like you having a problem with him having these beliefs. As if he hasn't any right to moral direction just because he's playing for Newcastle United.

He gets paid the going rate for someone in his line of work, he has a particular set of beliefs and IF we can believe the currently unfounded reports that he disagrees with the direction the club is going in terms of sponsorship, then fair fucking play.

Guest bimpy474

Cisse could kill this by just releasing at statement, by saying his own personal beliefs are not stringent, he gambles and has sex outside of marriage as these exploit no one. His argument will be Wonga exploit others, whereas he doesn't. Or say nothing and look like a hypocrite, mainly because of the world today and way Islam is portrayed and reported in the papers.

Personally i think anyone who follows religion is fecking mental in the head.

Seems people are quite happy for him to cherry pick his religious/moral beliefs at the cost of the club. It's like people don't actually care about the club.

Yey Cisse make a stand, it doesn't matter that we've got no one to put the ball in the back of the net or they you are missing out on pre-season and lowering your value in the transfer market. These things don't matter because you don't like the evil wonga, but will do many other things that go against your religion, that doesn't matter, those can be explained away in your quest of righteousness.

Seems people are quite happy for him to cherry pick his religious/moral beliefs at the cost of the club. It's like people don't actually care about the club.

Yey Cisse make a stand, it doesn't matter that we've got no one to put the ball in the back of the net or they you are missing out on pre-season and lowering your value in the transfer market. These things don't matter because you don't like the evil wonga, but will do many other things that go against your religion, that doesn't matter, those can be explained away in your quest of righteousness.

No, we're just happy to see him cherry pick his religious beliefs. I'm happy for you to do the same, in fact.

It's a shame it's harming our club currently, but if it's a problem, it's a problem. It's just football in the end.

Herein lies the problem: He can cherry pick his "beliefs" & still align himself to Islam.

Most religions are pretty subjective in terms of their ideology, hence the reason we have the kind of zealots & frauds that we do.

wear the shirt, or resign

Guest bimpy474

No, we're just happy to see him cherry pick his religious beliefs. I'm happy for you to do the same, in fact.

It's a shame it's harming our club currently, but if it's a problem, it's a problem. It's just football in the end.

I'm not happy he is cherry picking, i find wrong tbh, just my point of view and not a nutters charter where it's outrageous.

But Mainly i think he's a fruitloop for believing in it in the first place, not sure i'm best placed with this stuff as i'm so anti religion, anything to do with it and i'm just Arggggggh.

Of course those things matter, they matter a lot, but it doesn't mean he is wrong.

Of course those things matter, they matter a lot, but it doesn't mean he is wrong.

I'd rather see the club in its best position possible than Cisse be right.

Any modern person who follows an ancient religion is doing quite a lot of cherry picking, I'm pretty sure of that.

Some people (wrongly in my opinion) think they get their morals from religion.  "As a Christian, I'm strongly against gang violence."  Well, OK, as a human being would have done, but at least you got there.

Guest bimpy474

Is it Cisse that's harming the club, or Wonga?

People pointed out it would make us unattractive to players with a moral compass.

Well he's the only player doing this, despite us having several other Muslims in the squad.

Do Sissoko, Hatem etc have wonky moral compassess ?

You just have to accept that people in general tend to be hypocritical as fuck in their beliefs, whether religious or not. If he hasn't got ulterior motives for this then hopefully someone with a sense of compassion, i.e not Mike and Fucking Joe, can try and have a genuine conversation with him about it and come to a compromise.

People pointed out it would make us unattractive to players with a moral compass.

Well he's the only player doing this, despite us having several other Muslims in the squad.

Disgusting people willing to put the club first and get on with what they are paid to do. Fucking awful people. We should sell them and buy people who won't play for the club, we will go far, far indeed.

Guest bimpy474

Disgusting people willing to put the club first and get on with what they are paid to do. Fucking awful people. We should sell them and buy people who won't play for the club, we will go far, far indeed.

:lol: aye, it's terrible.

Again, 'Muslims' are not some homogenous group who all have the same beliefs and practices.  This is a pretty minor difference considering there are different branches of Islam waging sectarian wars against each other.

Guest bimpy474

Again, 'Muslims' are not some homogenous group who all have the same beliefs and practices.  This is a pretty minor difference considering there are different branches of Islam waging sectarian wars against each other.

Well you know that and i don't care, everyones a winner.

The issue, as I see it, isn't his chosen "beliefs", its at what point those beliefs trump his employment duties?

As I see it, he`s bound by a contract which, if he cannot honour, he should resign from & face the consequences. It is the clubs prerogative to offer lenience as it sees fit.

Bimpy and TT showing their true ignorance here, like. :lol: Embarrassing.

The only ignorance around here is people like you not accepting Cisse real motives and the damage it is doing to the club.

Another so called fan who puts the clubs well being last.

Bimpy and TT showing their true ignorance here, like. :lol: Embarrassing.

The only ignorance around here is people like you not accepting Cisse real motives and the damage it is doing to the club.

Another so called fan who puts the clubs well being last.

:lol: Another SUPAFAN who has literally MADE UP a reason to hate our star striker. You're fucking mental sometimes, TT.