Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

FWIW this season he'll go on a hot streak. 10 in 10 type thing. Then hopefully another 6-7 throughout the rest of the season.

Thank you, I'll see if I can put a bet on it now that you've assured me of this happening.

Are we talking about Premier League goals or goals in all competitions?

:yao:

What? :lol:  Just from some of the predictions it seems we must be talking about Premier League only but surely it makes more sense to look at all competitions.

What? :lol:  Just from some of the predictions it seems we must be talking about Premier League only but surely it makes more sense to look at all competitions.

Just think about it....

Just think about it....

Yeah ok fair enough :lol:

Still might get the odd cup game/goal but I suppose its not going to make too much difference..

Anyway on how many I think he'll get.  Last season went as badly for him as possible, shit form, shit luck, the whole team playing terribly.  He got 9 (outside Europe) so I think its reasonable to think he'll get at least 12-15 next season.  If he gets 15 that would be very good going considering I expect him to play no more than 38 games (including cups).

We'll play two cup games in which Cisse will be "rested", so it makes no difference.

Now now be fair, Cisse did get one sub apearance in cup games last year :lol:  Without Europe tiring us out so much he might get as many as 2 sub appearances, or even one start! :pardsgrin:

It's unfair to blame his tally purely on his ability, yes there are chances he should be scoring that he isn't, he's not in the same class as say RVP, he's in the same class as those strikers that infuriate at times. For him to do well, as has been said, we need to change our approach to games. He's not gonna take down a 40 yard pass every game, take on two defenders and rifle a shot past the keeper from 18 yards, cuz that's all he's getting!

He needs support in and around the box, a slide through pass from some pressing play, or a simple one-two with someone in support, a midfielder running into the box and pushing it sideways in front of him, etc.. How often do we see that in a game?

We're too negative and scared to press up the pitch, unless we get bodies higher up we're never gonna see him netting 20 a season. Again it boils down to playing for our opponents weaknesses rather than our strengths and unless we change that fundamental floor we'll never see any of our "purples" playing to their full potential unfortunately.

For those who think he'll score a bundle he's 80/1 on Victor to be top scorer, worth a couple of beans each way at least.

I've seen this term used a few times on here recently. When did the UK abandon GBP and introduce GBB? Is it worth me investing in a bean farm?

For those who think he'll score a bundle he's 80/1 on Victor to be top scorer, worth a couple of beans each way at least.

I've seen this term used a few times on here recently. When did the UK abandon GBP and introduce GBB? Is it worth me investing in a bean farm?

:lol:

If we don't spend 'em, you can always sell 'em to Heinz.

It's unfair to blame his tally purely on his ability, yes there are chances he should be scoring that he isn't, he's not in the same class as say RVP, he's in the same class as those strikers that infuriate at times. For him to do well, as has been said, we need to change our approach to games. He's not gonna take down a 40 yard pass every game, take on two defenders and rifle a shot past the keeper from 18 yards, cuz that's all he's getting!

He needs support in and around the box, a slide through pass from some pressing play, or a simple one-two with someone in support, a midfielder running into the box and pushing it sideways in front of him, etc.. How often do we see that in a game?

We're too negative and scared to press up the pitch, unless we get bodies higher up we're never gonna see him netting 20 a season. Again it boils down to playing for our opponents weaknesses rather than our strengths and unless we change that fundamental floor we'll never see any of our "purples" playing to their full potential unfortunately.

Excellent post.

Excellent post.

:thup:

Excellent post.

:thup:

Agree 100%... Only let down by the misuse of the word floor... :lol: