Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Right, and you're the one who said you don't know what age has to do with it..

Look we're getting into semantics now.  My point was that while Lukaku could be considered on another level due to the fact he is at such a high level at such a young age (as in comparative to age he's on another level) I'm really noy sure he's currently that much better.

And that's fine. I just don't know how by your logic you could ever compare two players' performances and conclude who is the better player, considering they may play in different countries, leagues, teams, matches, etc. Objectively, Lukaku's record last season was better than Gomis' for goals per league match. Subjectively, I'd say it's fair to suggest level of Premiership > level of Ligue 1 and WBA's standing in its league < Lyon's standing in its league. For that reason, and the mere fact Lukaku was already one of this league's top goalscorers and Gomis has never even played in this league, I don't think it's mad in any way to suggest Lukaku is already the better player. Yes, I can't prove it, but then neither can you prove that Messi is a better player than Dan Gosling if you don't think comparing players makes sense at any level.

All that said, I'd take either ahead of Cisse to lead the line for NUFC at this point in time. Sadly, and this is all that matters in the end, we can't, because we failed to get either, or anybody else who could have provided competition for places and something a bit more complete up top.

Ok, I'm not saying I wouldn't prefer Lukaku even on current ability no matter the age.  I would prefer Lukaku even if they were both the same age right now.  But I can't say I believe Lukaku is on another level right now that's all, as in head and shoulders above him.  Again if you think so ok but I don't see enough to believe that personally.

He's been f*cking awful for ages.... in his position the CF needs to hold the ball and link play as well as make intelligent runs.

Cisse does none of that and thus f*cking useless.

Thank you Mole. We have debated back and forth for months but finally you understand. Holding the ball-up, linking play is a minimum for a player in his position. Otherwise he needs to be fucking lethal.

He's not lethal. And he can't do anything else.

He's been f*cking awful for ages.... in his position the CF needs to hold the ball and link play as well as make intelligent runs.

Cisse does none of that and thus f*cking useless.

Thank you Mole. We have debated back and forth for months but finally you understand. Holding the ball-up, linking play is a minimum for a player in his position. Otherwise he needs to be f***ing lethal.

He's not lethal. And he can't do anything else.

What i was saying was i don't think we need a target man type... and still don't although it wouldn't hurt.

He definitely needs to do all those things and he isn't.

Also Baba :thup: agree with every word.

Forgot to say also, Cisse must play and must score vs Leeds or else i feel he needs dropping for Everton away. Sounds harsh but it's got to that point now where he's not contributing anything to the team really.

Too many times the ball was played into him today just to simply control and link up the play and he either lost it or tried to simply pass it back and sent it out of play causing the whole team to have to move back down the pitch.

People are seriously underestimating Gouffran's ability to play uptop alone, which he did really well his last two seasons in France.

Please don't mention Morecambe, as the team was completely rubbish, and they werent even getting the ball upfront to him at all.

If he comes into this current team for Cisse, he will shock the world.

Forgot to say also, Cisse must play and must score vs Leeds or else i feel he needs dropping for Everton away. Sounds harsh but it's got to that point now where he's not contributing anything to the team really.

Too many times the ball was played into him today just to simply control and link up the play and he either lost it or tried to simply pass it back and sent it out of play causing the whole team to have to move back down the pitch.

I really don't get the idea of setting a deadline by which he must score. Suppose he's crap against Leeds but manages to get a tap in?

When Cissé went off, Gouffran replaced him up front.  Gouffran managed to hold the ball up a few times when it was punted up to him. He also linked up a couple of times with Remy. I'd possibly play Cissé against Leeds. If he looks no better I'd drop him for Gouffran. Cissé hasn't been in good form since the end of the 2011/2012 season.

I really don't get the idea of setting a deadline by which he must score. Suppose he's crap against Leeds but manages to get a tap in?

That would be fine. I really think he just needs a goal, tap in or not, just to get some confidence back. That chance he had with a header that he mistimed yesterday is an example of that.

Its not a lack of confidence its a lack of desire, every time he got the ball ge got rid of it instant lay off usually backwards, my main worry is that it looked deliberate. I think he feels he is done here and wants away, no point playing him if he has no interest. Anyway a front three of Goufran Remy Benny looks much more of a threat and is full of pace.

Like Anita I think a good run of starts in a front three will benefit Goufran loads.

Wan't aware I posted a formation, just listed the three strikers we should play in a front three. Although I think there is no need in playing them in a rigid order, letting them swap around will make it much harder for  the opposition to pick them up.

I've stuck by him and waited for him to start firing for months now. We know he can score, we know he can finish chances but looks completely bereft of confidence.

I'd drop him and start Gouffran. Not the ideal solution obviously and we should have had another choice at CF but we don't, because we didn't invest.

Guest bimpy474

When a player couldn't find the net, he used to drop to the reserves and get few to get his confidence back. Never happens in modern football now, dont see why Cisse cant do that, bang a few in and see how that changes his mood.

When a player couldn't find the net, he used to drop to the reserves and get few to get his confidence back. Never happens in modern football now, dont see why Cisse cant do that, bang a few in and see how that changes his mood.

Spot on if it was a confidence issue only a few games at a lower level to help him bag a few goals would be a good thing. Its just not the way its done now though. I wouldn't drop him vs Leeds but I would make it very clear to him that this game is his chance to keep his starting place.

It's a shame the next game's against Leeds. I'd love to see Pards having to make a decision if it was a league game.