Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

There was a chance he got in the middle where instead of going of trying to curl it he just lashed out wildly and didn't even hit the target. I think that Cabaye or Remy would've at least tested the keeper but Cisse is like a player controlled by a 7 year old who can't let go of the power button when shooting.

on his day he can be a match winner

When was the last time he had "his day"?  When was the last time we said "Cisse won us that match"?

Last season when he got a few 90 minute+ goals.

'On his day he can be a match winner' though, well he is a striker :lol:

We still look better as a team when he's the central striker. I'd like to see Gouffran given a run there, but Pardew seems reluctant to try him. We definitely need to leave Remy where he is, he gets far more involved when he's played wide.

Gouffran deserves the time as a striker now, not a game here and there before Cisse comes back in.

There is zero benefit to having Cisse in the team right now. Can only think Pardew is hoping he'll score a screamer.

Cisse has been nothing short of pathetic. His attitude is disgusting and has been since the wonga row. Wish we sold him in the summer, total passenger. I want him gone ASAP. I've been fed up for him longer than most, I swung back round and felt we had to stick by him just as people were starting to get on his back but now I've just had enough of his lazy efforts and shit performances while bringing absolutely nothing to the team.

I think we'd be lucky to get our money back for him, but at least it would pay for Remy who is easily twice the striker Cisse is and it's unmeasurable how much of a better footballer he is as well.

I honestly think Shola is a bigger goal threat than Cisse right now. What a fucking joke.

Guest antz1uk

woahhhhh easy on the shola stuff... lol

i actually think hes going through the motions until jan window, i think he'll b off to russia

He's a lot more than just running about and working hard too. I think he's got genuine ability.

All I can see that he lacks is composure. He's got himself into great positions and fluffed it on several occasions. Unfortunately, that's massive for a striker - but aside from that I think he's extremely well-rounded. Pace, movement, tenacity, instinct and a touch of real quality - if that Leeds goal is anything to go by. If he had that composure he would be top, top draw.

His worst traits are probably his movement and awareness. If you watch him off the ball, his runs are so linear and unimaginative. You could argue he doesn't get a lot of service but this is probably due to his poor positioning and lack of awareness of who is around him.

The game on Saturday was just another example where he was really lack luster, it almost gave the impression he couldn't be bothered. It's hard to see where the player from the start of last season has gone. In complete contrast to Gouffran you always puts a shift in for the team, infact would sweat blood, I would really like to see him given a go as the lead striker and give Cisse a rest.

Really love Gouffran. Had a great start to this season, our most consistent performer so far and probably our fastest player which adds a lot to the team

He's not as fast as Remy, like. Certainly doesn't use his pace to anything like the same effectiveness.

Although he still really hasn't done anything of note this season in the PL, he has somehow been involved in the buildup to most of the goals - this certainly doesn't justify a place in the starting lineup but he seems to be getting into the right positions, it's just that he just can't score himself - it's definitely a confidence thing imo.

Really love Gouffran. Had a great start to this season, our most consistent performer so far and probably our fastest player which adds a lot to the team

He's not as fast as Remy, like. Certainly doesn't use his pace to anything like the same effectiveness.

Remy hasn't looked all that quick to me so far. Don't know if it's because he's still not fully fit but I feel like he can be quicker.

He's a far better dribbler than Gouffran, more direct and has a longer stride.

Not much in it I agree. Ben Arfa is arguably quicker than both over short distances too. Anyway if all three play it's great to have some pace on the counter this year after seeing our team lack speed in all areas in the past.

He's a lot more than just running about and working hard too. I think he's got genuine ability.

All I can see that he lacks is composure. He's got himself into great positions and fluffed it on several occasions. Unfortunately, that's massive for a striker - but aside from that I think he's extremely well-rounded. Pace, movement, tenacity, instinct and a touch of real quality - if that Leeds goal is anything to go by. If he had that composure he would be top, top draw.

Sorry but are you having a laugh or something? "Well-rounded"? He's a poacher, a finisher, and that's it. He can't hold the ball up, he can't bring others into play, he can't worry defences with pace or skill.

If he's banging in goals all over the place then that makes up for the deficiencies in the rest of his game (to some degree) but to call him well-rounded is a joke.

Edit: thought you were talking about Cisse!!! That'll teach me to post after a few beers.  :blush:

Guest firetotheworks

I can still see the quality in him. He's been shite for too long though and should be out for Gouffran. It is a difficult one though, I get the feeling that something will pick up and he'll start banging them in again if confidence is kept in him. I think he would dwindle away into nothingness if he was dropped for a while. It's completely a gut feeling, but I think it's all or nothing with him. Keep your faith in him and he'll come good, or drop him and he's done for.

Gouffran gives us a good balance on the wing with his work rate, i'd like to see him stop out there, he's probably unlucky in the sense this is preventing his chances from having a run through the middle but he offers so much defensively that's what is seeing him selected. Cisse is being given more than enough time to turn things around and although his general play on Saturday was much better, he doesn't seem any closer to scoring a goal, confidence in front of goal has completely diminished.