Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Roger Kint

That miss ffs, 5 yards out pretty much anywhere on target and it goes in and he kicks it so bad its heading for a throw in til Shola popped up. All round game was slightly better than recently but he wont get many easier chances than that.

I would liken the Cisse situation to Torres at Chelsea except we are obviously talking about an inferior player. Torres confidence has been shot, but under Mourinho he's showing signs of looking like the player he was for Benitez at Liverpool. Cisse looks like a haunted man, but we'll probably need a manager who can make his mind up to get anything from him or any other striker currently on our books.

Was far happier with him last night, least he's got something to build on finally, best game he's had in a long time. That miss though (Shola offisde goal) was fucking woeful, scary how badly he actually snatched at it.

He was very unlucky imo when his touch was perfect from Ben Arfa's delightful pass but keeper was excellent at rushing out to narrow his angle. His overall game though was much much better, looked hungrier, he was strong, brought others in to play well and his movement was much improved. If he keeps playing like that, no doubt the goals will come to him.

I want to see more from him like we saw at the start of extra time from Ben Arfas pass. Played the line perfectly, took the pass down well but struck it right at the keeper.

Thing is that's the type of ball he'd have hit first time 12 months ago. Poor sod's devoid of confidence.

Fair point, it was set up lovely for a volley first time.

Cisse is just a poor player

And what was your opinion when he was banging all those goals in for fun?

that was a ridiculous purple patch this poor form is too long to be a bad patch

He's quite clearly not "just a poor player" though is he? That's the point. You don't have two very successful seasons in the Bundesliga and then go at a goal a game in the Premier League for another half season if you're a poor player in a bit of form.

Correct. Half the problem is the woeful service and the other half is that he's out of form. Strikers need to feed off 3/4 decent chances a game (not half chances). He usually gets one that is actually to his feet in a dangerous area in most games.

Teams with more creativity tend to help strikers through tricky periods just by the number of chances presented.

The other issue with Cisse is that his all round game is rubbish, he can't protect or hold the ball up and just loses it most of the time...It's very rare that he manages to bring the mf into the game and he doesn't have the pace to turn and run at the center backs.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

It was definitely better than what we've seen from him this season. I think that he messed up a bit during the 1 on 1 because although he controlled the ball with his left,  he tried shooting with his right and gave the keeper a chance to close him down. He should've tried poking it with his left, even if it's his weaker foot .

It was definitely better than what we've seen from him this season. I think that he messed up a bit during the 1 on 1 because although he controlled the ball with his left,  he tried shooting with his right and gave the keeper a chance to close him down. He should've tried poking it with his left, even if it's his weaker foot .

Yeah you could see that as he adjusted for the right it gave the keeper time to close the space. Personally think if he wasn't so panicky these days a little lob to the far post would have been wiser.

He did look a lot more interested last night, deffo more effort from him, does he need a decent run in the center ? can we afford just to play him until his form comes back ?

Tiote losing his starting place worked wonders for him.

Guest micky_123

I've just about had it with Cisse. He isn't contributing anything whatsoever to the team at the moment. I still don't think his first half season was lucky, I don't think it's possible to score that many different great goals without a lot of talent there. But he isn't showing it at the minute, and hasn't done for a long time.  He shouldn't be near the first 11 at the minute, I wouldn't even have him on the bench.

Unfortunately (or maybe not) we can't really afford to discard him. He's still the best CF we have at the club, assuming that we need Gouff/Remy to occupy the wide positions most of the time. We need to find a way to get him working again. FWIW some of the positions he got into last night were brilliant, he just didn't quite manage the finish.

He did look a lot more interested last night, deffo more effort from him, does he need a decent run in the center ? can we afford just to play him until his form comes back ?

Tiote losing his starting place worked wonders for him.

With Cisse, his problem hasn't been a lack of effort (as we saw last night), so dropping him isn't going to do a whole lot of good. We aren't going to win many of the next few games with or without him so I'd rather keep him on.

Guest frazernufc

He doesnt suit us, hes a counter attacking striker and likes to make runs into space or is actually intelligent when a defence is exposed. Once we get the ball we faff about with it before going nowhere half the time and it means we have to break a whole team down from scratch, this basically deems Cisse as useless as he offers the team no options short and is incapable of out thinking a defender. Its rare we pick up the ball and have a 3 on 2/3 situation.

He doesnt suit us, hes a counter attacking striker and likes to make runs into space or is actually intelligent when a defence is exposed. Once we get the ball we faff about with it before going nowhere half the time and it means we have to break a whole team down from scratch, this basically deems Cisse as useless as he offers the team no options short and is incapable of out thinking a defender. Its rare we pick up the ball and have a 3 on 2/3 situation.

This - well said. Our build up is so slow that most strikers would struggle to score goals and one like Cisse has little chance with it.