Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest firetotheworks

It's definitely a 'the decision could have gone either way' one, imo. In slow motion and stopped I think he's just about onside, but it's really fine and in real-time I thought he was off, I must admit.

It's all missing the point. He had so much space there was absolutely no need for him to even make it a close decision. Past examples show he has a very poor understanding of the offside rule.

Well to a point, but he was actually onside so you could argue he made the move at exactly the right time.

Agree with alexf, absolutely no need for Cisse to give the linesman something to think about. He could have been a yard onside and still left their defender with no chance of getting back in time.

Yup.

It's all missing the point. He had so much space there was absolutely no need for him to even make it a close decision. Past examples show he has a very poor understanding of the offside rule.

Well to a point, but he was actually onside so you could argue he made the move at exactly the right time.

If he timed it right, there wouldn't be a call man. That's the point. Timing it right is 100% without a doubt he's on. Which he wasn't given this leaning, foot, head, etc discussion we are having.

I'm pretty impressed at the ability of our fans to criticise one of our players for a shit decision by the official.

Sure, if he wasn't constantly offside on other occasions.

Shit decision is a bit harsh considering it is still being debated after numerous replays/pics etc.. :lol:

He was onside. The linesman got it wrong.

It was a shit decision? In real time it was absolutely clear he was onside?

The same player who hasn't done s*** in the PL in quite some time? I want nothing more than him to score goals for fun, but he's not doing much out there...and the chances he gets he's offside or fluffs it ffs. So yeah, I think its fully justified to slate it him; he looks lost out there. Every match I hope he just kicks on and scores man, just like I posted earlier - i miss the happy smiling Cisse who looked like he was a clinical goal scoring machine.

The same player who hasn't done shit in the PL in quite some time? I want nothing more than him to score goals for fun, but he's not doing much out there...and the chances he gets he's offside or fluffs it ffs.

Apart from this one, where he was neither offside and his finishing was actually quite good :lol:

How the fuck can this incident be used as a stick to beat Cisse with?