Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

The same player who hasn't done s*** in the PL in quite some time? I want nothing more than him to score goals for fun, but he's not doing much out there...and the chances he gets he's offside or fluffs it ffs.

Apart from this one, where he was neither offside and his finishing was actually quite good :lol:

How the f*** can this incident be used as a stick to beat Cisse with?

0 Premier League Goals in 18 matches seems to be enough a reason to be angered by him.

He made a perfectly timed run, it's difficult to criticise him for a split second decision of going a little earlier than he could have done. Harsh tbf. Incorrectly ruled offside, but considering the split decision on the board through numerous replays its hard to blame the linesman. He has a name for himself now and although the fair decision is to give the attacker the benefit of the doubt, he'll always lose out to his reputation.

Just need a couple of calls to go his way to build his confidence up.

The same player who hasn't done s*** in the PL in quite some time? I want nothing more than him to score goals for fun, but he's not doing much out there...and the chances he gets he's offside or fluffs it ffs.

Apart from this one, where he was neither offside and his finishing was actually quite good :lol:

0 Premier League Goals in 18 matches seems to be enough a reason to be angered by him.

By all means be angered by him but by this particular incident? He was onside. He made the move at exactly the correct time. The linesman was the one who got it wrong.

On a related note the phrase "Cisse doesn't understand the offside rule" and variations thereof will drive to me a Falling Down style breakdown. Papiss Cisse is a professional footballer, I'm sure he is very much aware of the offside rule. The problem is, quite clearly, he's just suited to our style of football and he's devoid of any confidence.

By all means be angered by him but by this particular incident? He was onside. He made the move at exactly the correct time. The linesman was the one who got it wrong.

On a related note the phrase "Cisse doesn't understand the offside rule" and variations thereof will drive to me a Falling Down style breakdown. Papiss Cisse is a professional footballer, I'm sure he is very much aware of the offside rule. The problem is, quite clearly, he's just suited to our style of football and he's devoid of any confidence.

Yes, he was onside (imo) and the lino got it wrong (imo).

I'm sure he understands the offside rule, but he's not very good at showing his understanding, ever, really, to be honest.

It's mad to criticise him for being offside when he was actually onside. Aye, he made the decision close but what's he supposed to do? Hang about for a while and make it easy for the defenders to get back? The whole point is to make the move at the most advantageous moment for you as an attacker.

Guest palnese

It's mad to criticise him for being offside when he was actually onside. Aye, he made the decision close but what's he supposed to do? Hang about for a while and make it easy for the defenders to get back? The whole point is to make the move at the most advantageous moment for you as an attacker.

:thup:

He's got that reputation now though with linos for being prone to offside, so close calls, chances are that the flag will be raised. Even i didn't have a moan because it was Cisse, didn't even question it till i seen on here yesterday someone saying he was onside :lol:

Obviously that's not right but officials have that in the back of their minds. Similar to a player who is prone to foul will more likely get a booking easier.

If a player is prone to foul (Tiote) and is judged for fouls that are incorrect more often than other players based on reputation, he is asked and forced to change his game to cut that part out or he'll continue to be booked or judged as fouling a player when it was a clean tackle.

If a player is prone to offisde (Cisse) and is judged for offside calls that are also incorrect more often than other players based on reputation, should he not be looking to change or time his runs better to avoid this?

How is that not something we should be clamoring on about? If the refs call something a certain way based on reputation, you need to change or you're going to head down the same path over and over man.

He's not very good at the moment, personally I think he was onside, and unlucky with that chance on Saturday, but saying he's no good outright rather forgets how phenomenal he was for us temporarily.

Not to say I blame Pardew for being at a loss how to get him playing well this season, we're playing more to his strengths but we can't have the luxury to give him too much game time, I'm not sure we will ever see him confident again, I think for his sake he should move on and find a club that will play him week in week out.

Cisse just isn't very good sadly.

I don't see one goal prompting a transformation

So did he just have a lucky three consecutive seasons in the Bundesliga and Premier League where he played 81 games and scored 52 goals?

I still don't believe he's just fluked it before hand and this is his true quality, I still think he can be a very good striker but its obviously not happening for him here.  To be honest I don't think he has the desire here for whatever reason.

Guest bimpy474

He cant have just have gone from a cracking striker and as Teasy just said, a good goalscorer in the Bundesliga to nowt.

Saying that maybe he just needs a change of scenery, to get himself back on track.

Any player can made to be looked bad by not being used correctly...

Soldado actually reminds me of Cisse last season.... team isn't offering any width, there is nothing played in front of him, the ball is moved quite slowly in transition and they are both far too deep and not in the box.

Not all of it applies to us this season but Cisse hasn't played a great deal but it definitely was last season.

Both teams do those things and both players improve IMO, but with that said i think i prefer the Remy+ Targetman dynamic.

So did he just have a lucky three consecutive seasons in the Bundesliga and Premier League where he played 81 games and scored 52 goals?

I still don't believe he's just fluked it before hand and this is his true quality, I still think he can be a very good striker but its obviously not happening for him here.  To be honest I don't think he has the desire here for whatever reason.

Look at him like this;

He can't dribble, he can't create, he's not quick, he's average in the air, he's not going to jump many centre half's and he's weak to boot.

I'm just calling it as I see it

Look at him like this;

He can't dribble, he can't create, he's not quick, he's average in the air, he's not going to jump many centre half's and he's weak to boot.

I'm just calling it as I see it

Cisse and Colo have been totally demolished on here, you would think we have a couple of pub players in our ranks.

Any player can made to be looked bad by not being used correctly...

Soldado actually reminds me of Cisse last season.... team isn't offering any width, there is nothing played in front of him, the ball is moved quite slowly in transition and they are both far too deep and not in the box.

Cisse probably has better movement than Soldado outside the box e.g. he's always making a (offside (run) trying to get in behind. Neither is any good at hold up play which is vital in the PL imo