Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

There's absolutely no reason to sell Cisse. If we were going to replace him we'd be looking for a player exactly like him. Someone young enough for their value to rise, has proven he can score goals everywhere he's been, but has for one reason or another lost confidence/form and therefore represents value for money.

Why bother looking for another one? Just keep trying to turn it around with the player we already have.

There's absolutely no reason to sell Cisse. If we were going to replace him we'd be looking for a player exactly like him. Someone young, has proven he can score goals everywhere he's been, but has for one reason or another lost confidence/form and therefore represents value for money.

Why bother looking for another one? Just keep trying to turn it around with the player we already have.

Eventually it reaches a point where you take a decision he won't turn it around and you try to get rid of a player. I wouldn't in the slightest bit bothered about selling him because he offers the sum total of sweet fuck all at the moment and for this entire season and he can't keep getting away with the logic of keeping him because he had a good 6 months when theres a diabolical 18 months that show his major faults as a player. And he can't hide behind oh but we're not creating chances blah blah blah because we have been creating chances this season, other players have been scoring goals why can't he?

He doesn't start, so Ashley wants to save his wages. Simple as that. Nothing to do with the needs of the team, as per usual. Spare purple.

As many have pointed out he's in such wretched form that in principle it wouldn't be much loss, but considering the 'replacement' (we needed another striker anyway) is possibly in even worse form and the other option is Shola Ameobi, in practice I think it would be a stupid idea.

He doesn't start, so Ashley wants to save his wages. Simple as that. Nothing to do with the needs of the team, as per usual.

As many have pointed out he's such wretched form that in principle it wouldn't be much loss, but considering the 'replacement' (we needed another striker anyway) is possibly in even worse form and the other option is Shola Ameobi, in practice I think it would be a stupid idea.

:thup:

A purple who has taken on the club isn't being played is the most expendable of all regardless of the bigger picture.

Wait for the "we beat away several offers for Papiss over the transfer window, Cisse is integral to our team and did everything we could to keep hold of him." Along with a spattering of "like a new signing." Thanks Joe, you're a diamond!

Guest neesy111

He doesn't start, so Ashley wants to save his wages. Simple as that. Nothing to do with the needs of the team, as per usual. Spare purple.

As many have pointed out he's in such wretched form that in principle it wouldn't be much loss, but considering the 'replacement' (we needed another striker anyway) is possibly in even worse form and the other option is Shola Ameobi, in practice I think it would be a stupid idea.

Is it me, or is little being done to try and get him back into form? 

i miss the goalscoring cisse

He was scoring them for fun once upon a time. Effortlessly.

Feel like he's been checked out since the wonga thing. Cashing checks.

this supposed to be some CSI:Miami line or something :lol:

Hasn't been the same since then. Shell.

this supposed to be some CSI:Miami line or something :lol:

:lol: Fuck are you talking about. That's perfect fucking English.

There's absolutely no reason to sell Cisse. If we were going to replace him we'd be looking for a player exactly like him. Someone young, has proven he can score goals everywhere he's been, but has for one reason or another lost confidence/form and therefore represents value for money.

Eventually it reaches a point where you take a decision he won't turn it around and you try to get rid of a player. I wouldn't in the slightest bit bothered about selling him because he offers the sum total of sweet fuck all at the moment and for this entire season and he can't keep getting away with the logic of keeping him because he had a good 6 months when theres a diabolical 18 months that show his major faults as a player. And he can't hide behind oh but we're not creating chances blah blah blah because we have been creating chances this season, other players have been scoring goals why can't he?

But it's not just a good 6 months vs. a crap 18 months. He's scored goals everywhere, his entire career. Including here. He lost confidence and has struggled since. Statistically this is the worst form he's been in, as far as I can tell. I don't know what it will take to turn it around. But I believe he's potentially much more valuable to us over the next 3 years than flogging him on the cheap and starting from scratch with another, cut price, gamble.

He didn't just stop being a good footballer overnight, despite what his current situation might suggest.

The problem Cisse has is that he isn't very good at football:

he's absolutely dreadful at controling the ball under any sort of pressure. He isn't  strong at all for a centre forward. He isn't particularly good in the air. He seems to have some sort of issue with being offside as well.

Worst of all is his complete lack of technique. When your number 9 is through on goal you want some belief that the ball is going in the corner of the net. The most simple way is head over the ball - laces - corner - goal. Worked for Ferdinand - Shearer - Collymore - Fowler - any number of top England centre forwards. Cisse has never shown he can do that on a regular basis, that is why I would snap anyone's hand off for £3m plus and if some one is actually willing to pay £10m for him then they must be on drugs.

The problem Cisse has is that he isn't very good at football:

he's absolutely dreadful at controling the ball under any sort of pressure. He isn't  strong at all for a centre forward. He isn't particularly good in the air. He seems to have some sort of issue with being offside as well.

Worst of all is his complete lack of technique. When your number 9 is through on goal you want some belief that the ball is going in the corner of the net. The most simple way is head over the ball - laces - corner - goal. Worked for Ferdinand - Shearer - Collymore - Fowler - any number of top England centre forwards. Cisse has never shown he can do that on a regular basis, that is why I would snap anyone's hand off for £3m plus and if some one is actually willing to pay £10m for him then they must be on drugs.

Yup Pardew playing him on the wing or as a target man hasn't helped either