Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I was just watching the goals when he first arrived.

The key things I noticed: lots of crosses and through balls and get forward quickly.

But above all else what I found the most interesting was due to these factors he rarely had more than one defender around him.

When you consider all these factors it's not exactly a surprise in hindsight he managed to consistently score.

Feel like Ba had a lot to do with it as well. Occupying defenders, knowing Cisse well enough to know when to get the ball to him, etc.

I hope he does us the favour of not being absolutely wank this term. He's the only striker we've got that has anything resembling PL pedigree. All of the signings we've made in that department are gambles. Not writing them off at all - but, let's say Riviere, who seems to have been striker #1 in pre-season - there's as much chance of him starting like a house on fire as there is the chance of him not scoring till Christmas. Complete unknown entity with an unimpressive goalscoring record.

If he's fit, I'd be starting Cisse. Fuck him off in January if he still doesn't fancy it.

Ba contributed a huge lot to Cisse's fantastic start.  The problem started when Ba think "its my turn" and everything fucked up since then. 

That said, Ba is infinitely better than Cisse.  I could understand why Pardew tried all means to urge Ba to stay.  It was a lost gamble, everything fucked up, unfortunately.

Looking back, I would rather have Ba over Cisse.

Cisse would score goals for fun in a team that creates more than five 1/2 chances in a match.  Put him in a Liverpool team and he'd be 15+ goals a season. Far too many balls in the box for him to fluff.

If that's the case, why haven't a team like them picked him up on the cheap?

Two teams have bid pretty big money for him according to those ITK, but he doesn't want to leave.

It's a stupid argument anyway when it come from someone who defends Coloccini constantly. Nobody's ever gone near him.

Wat? :spit:

• 2 weeks later...

I was just watching the goals when he first arrived.

The key things I noticed: lots of crosses and through balls and get forward quickly.

But above all else what I found the most interesting was due to these factors he rarely had more than one defender around him.

When you consider all these factors it's not exactly a surprise in hindsight he managed to consistently score.

He also didn't have much time to think about what he was going to do, he's very much an snatch at the moment striker than a person who deeply thinks about his actions.

The space is the most important thing though. There was a spell where for some reason, Pardew had balls to accept pushing 4 players to attack the final third of the pitch together and that draws defenders away. They go more man for man in defending it making it easier for an attacker to just beat his marker and have a chance at goal.

Papiss come back! You can blame it all on Ba/Jonas/Alsoran. Unbelievable/Dropout/half the forum were wrong, and we just can't live without you.....

He's by far our best bet no doubt and I can't wait until he's in the team. I reckon he could get 8 or 9 league goals which is more than I reckon anyone else will.

A bit early to write off our 3 new forwards no, one of whom hasn't even seen the pitch yet, one who has looked decent in 1/2 outings and the last one who although young has shown glimmers of quality in his very limited pitch time? :dontknow:

If we are relying on wor Papiss to refind his form from two years ago and fire us to safety we're as good as down.

A bit early to write off our 3 new forwards no, one of whom hasn't even seen the pitch yet, one who has looked decent in 1/2 outings and the last one who although young has shown glimmers of quality in his very limited pitch time? :dontknow:

If we are relying on wor Papiss to refind his form from two years ago and fire us to safety we're as good as down.

There's nobody with any credible pedigree upfront. I hope they come good but i'm not expecting them to do a Remy or Ba. Been most impressed with the youngsters.

There's nobody with any credible pedigree upfront. I hope they come good but i'm not expecting them to do a Remy or Ba. Been most impressed with the youngsters.

Too early to tell really, although I'll happily conceed I wanted a more proven goal scorer. Alas, we all know what this club is like. Riviere's record in Ligue 1 isn't that much worse than Remy's was. Ayoze's record of 1 in 2 in Segunda is quite impressive for a 20 year old, and Ferreyra's is decent as well. Just have to hope that Carr has found some more underrated players who can step up. As of now, after two seasons of failure, I wouldn't exactly say Cisse's Premiership pedigree is beyond doubt.

Too early to tell really, although I'll happily conceed I wanted a more proven goal scorer. Alas, we all know what this club is like. Riviere's record in Ligue 1 isn't that much worse than Remy's was. Ayoze's record of 1 in 2 in Segunda is quite impressive for a 20 year old, and Ferreyra's is decent as well. Just have to hope that Carr has found some more underrated players who can step up. As of now, after two seasons of failure, I wouldn't exactly say Cisse's Premiership pedigree is beyond doubt.

Rivière is a 1 in 4 lad in France. Remy little worse than 1 in 2.

I think Cisse's shot his load. I've said I think we'll struggle for goals.

Loic Remy scored 53 in 148 in Ligue 1. Hardly 1 in 2. Look, I'm not saying Riviere or one of the other two are at that level, but I sure hope one of them beats Cisse's 1 in 6 over the past two seasons, or we're dead and burried.

Loic Remy scored 53 in 148 in Ligue 1. Hardly 1 in 2. Look, I'm not saying Riviere or one of the other two are at that level, but I sure hope one of them beats Cisse's 1 in 6 over the past two seasons, or we're dead and burried.

To be honest of late it rather feels like we're not dead but we are buried

What about Perez and the Argie

Like the look of Perez and his 20 goals in segunda is good work - but if we're relying on a 20 year old from the Spanish second division to score our goals - we should be worried.

I'm worried.

I'm more worried as we appear to not be giving Perez much game time on top.