Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest bimpy474

At least when he's back he'll be too slow to get himself offside.

He'll be too slow to get himself onside. He'll just goal-hang.

I was thinking along the lines of Pardew still here defensive shit, he'll never get that far forward with a gammy leg in that set up like.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 59s

Hearing Papiss Cisse has had good news after surgery and recovery time not as long as first feared #nufc

RIP

The first time he's ever got back earlier than expected?

• 2 weeks later...

may be  ready for a club to take a chance on him prior to the close of the transfer market window on 31st August, if the buying club is prepared to take a risk.

I read somewhere at the weekend that Cisse has a £6M release clause in his contract that kicks in on July 31st this year.

may be  ready for a club to take a chance on him prior to the close of the transfer market window on 31st August, if the buying club is prepared to take a risk.

I read somewhere at the weekend that Cisse has a £6M release clause in his contract that kicks in on July 31st this year.

The guy is a forgotten man. Even a £1 million clause wouldn't be activated by anyone.

Don't be silly, man. He's got a proven track record of consistently putting the ball in the back of the net in teams that create chances.

Don't get this stance, personally.

Putting the stats down and assessing him with my eyes, this is how I see him:

He's a strong contender for the weakest striker in the division - no defender finishes a game feeling like they've had to earn their paycheck.

He's not beating anyone for pace.

His finishing is highly erratic and he regularly skies presentable opportunities. In fairness, when you get less chances, I do appreciate you tend to snatch at those you do get - but over the length of time he has scuffed opportunities, I think even this defence becomes a bit tenuous.

His movement is patchy at best and at 28 years old, I'm still not sure he knows the offside rule.

His commitment when he's on the pitch has been generally good, but I'm not sure that works in his favour. If he looked lethargic playing under Pardew (somewhat excusable IMO) at least you'd know he had another level.

And he's a service striker, an increasingly ill-advised phenotype of forward in today's game. It's all fucking moot under our current management, but just for the sake of it, I don't think he's up to it under any manager - got no hope for the guy in terms of football.

Don't be silly, man. He's got a proven track record of consistently putting the ball in the back of the net in teams that create chances.

He's a strong contender for the weakest striker in the division - no defender finishes a game feeling like they've had to earn their paycheck.

His finishing is highly erratic and he regularly skies presentable opportunities. In fairness, when you get less chances, I do appreciate you tend to snatch at those you do get - but over the length of time he has scuffed opportunities, I think even this defence becomes a bit tenuous.

His movement is patchy at best and at 28 years old, I'm still not sure he knows the offside rule.

His commitment when he's on the pitch has been generally good, but I'm not sure that works in his favour. If he looked lethargic playing under Pardew (somewhat excusable IMO) at least you'd know he had another level.

And he's a service striker, an increasingly ill-advised phenotype of forward in today's game. It's all fucking moot under our current management, but just for the sake of it, I don't think he's up to it under any manager - got no hope for the guy in terms of football.

He's no Drogba that's for sure, and no one has ever claimed he is in terms of all round game, but his touch and hold up play are still not too bad and he can use the ball quite well. Is it as good as Luke De jong? No probably not, but look at his movement in the penalty area, it's that of a natural striker, whereas De Jong looks like he's ready to burst into tears at the prospect of taking a shot on goal. Get Cisse some decent service from out wide and he'll score goals. He's not going to score from long balls punted 50 yards down the pitch though which is the only service he'll get under Pardew.

It's not really a stance, it's factual. You can argue the merits all you want and I do agree generally the feasibility of such a player in today's game is negligible. A player who has demostrated the aptitude to consistently score goals with good service will always be worth far more than £1m, though.

:thup:

Will he, Tron? I'm not sure. He doesn't have the aggression, and we don't have the service from out wide. Linking up play isn't really enough to warrant a starting berth spearheading an attack in this league. The difference between him and De Jong is fairly negligible IMO.