Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

may be  ready for a club to take a chance on him prior to the close of the transfer market window on 31st August, if the buying club is prepared to take a risk.

I read somewhere at the weekend that Cisse has a £6M release clause in his contract that kicks in on July 31st this year.

Not much chance of someone activating that I would suggest.. :lol:

The guy hasn't scored goals for a year plus now, and has now lost a knee cap. Even on a free, interest would be scarce.

Much exaggeration. Even if I doubt we would see him recover his form here.

I seem to remember Cisse missing lots of a good chances last year.

He's not that clinical a finisher I agree, but who is in our side? Remy aside, there is absolutely no goals in the team so someone who will get a few efforts on goal is worth far more than a useless plank who won't go anywhere near it like De Jong. If we had more goals through the rest of the team then De Jong might be more worthwhile.

Cissé is such an obvious example of our development under Pardew. In a team that follows an idea on how to attack collectively, he'd score goals. In a team that solely relies on individual initiatives and isolates the few offensively dedicated players on the field, he like many other players, will and has struggled. The players who still deliver in this environment are ones with physical capabilities as one of their main attributes, Ba was and is a very strong player, Rémy has got a shitload of pace. Cissé on the other hand is a poacher with good movement as long as his team joins him. He can't force himself to goalscoring opportunities with physical initiatives.

He'd be mad to stay with us under Pardew.

The destruction of Cisse started with him being put on the right, and then was completed with him being deployed in a 4-4-2.

It will be a miracle if he ever recovers. The poster boy for the term 'Pardewed'.

The destruction of Cisse started with him being put on the right, and then was completed with him being deployed in a 4-4-2.

It will be a miracle if he ever recovers. The poster boy for the term 'Pardewed'.

Laughable post. He played & scored in a 4-4-2 at least 5 times when he first came. Including his debut and the Chelsea game. He played up top by himself maybe 7 games total.

That's double the amount of games he played on the wing at least.

The only NUFC player in the first team who hasn't been in decent form for 2 years for any period of time.

Laughable post. He played & scored in a 4-4-2 at least 5 times when he first came. Including his debut and the Chelsea game. He played up top by himself maybe 7 games total.

That's double the amount of games he played on the wing at least.

The only NUFC player in the first team who hasn't been in decent form for 2 years for any period of time.

Cisse has looked most convincing in a 4-3-3 with someone behind him playing through balls, and with two wide forwards supporting.

Once he was originally moved out wide and started struggling, we had to go back to that 4-3-3 setup, to start getting him back to where he originally was, instead we have all but abandoned that for the most part.

Cisse was no 'system player' when he joined. He wasn't relying on brilliant service either. We played 4-4-2 loads and he scored goals. 

It was 7 games last season when he was moved to RW. He didn't manage a goal prior up front.

What's his excuse for having the same amount of league goals as Shola Ameobi?

I thought prior to his injury Cisse was looking a lot sharper and had the team itself been in better form and creating chances, he would have been scoring. His movement, his work rate, his touch all seemed to be rejuvenated but the team itself was way below standard and not getting enough service.

Previously when the team had been in decent form and Cisse was being giving a chance here and there, he was all out of sorts, I don't think that was the case end of this season when he came back in the side.

Scored the same number of league goals as Shola Ameobi last season. By any metric of a PL striker, he has got to take the blame for the shiteness.

He's had 2 good seasons in top divisions in his life.

So using last season to compare him with Shola is your idea of a metric? By that logic if Shola had played instead of Cisse in that first season he'd have scored goals for fun as well.

He was as shit as Shola last season. Thats it. It's unacceptable.

We could do with a better striker certainly, but at the moment we don't have one. Unless you count Remy who can't wait to fuck off as soon as the first decent offer comes in.

He was as s*** as Shola last season. Thats it. It's unacceptable.

We could do with a better striker certainly, but at the moment we don't have one. Unless you count Remy who can't wait to f*** off as soon as the first decent offer comes in.

Remy's already left, we have no claims over that man, and will receive nought for whatever move he makes next. He's used us till he got cleared of his case, and he's onto far better things now.

• 1 month later...

Think it's not over for Papisse if we can somehow create a more positive and free-moving team. If Pardew can somehow work out how to utilise Cabella and De Jong there's a chance. And hopefully his mood will be better after a summer off and a fresh start.

If we sort out out wide then he'll do better. If Cabella's as good a passer as they say he is then Papiss will benefit from that too.

We just need to quicken up our attacks for him, he's often making a move to beat the trap (due to his lack of athleticism) and we need to capitalise on that much better than we have. I think if he gets a good run in the team then he'll do alright, he needs a run of games with the right set up behind him. Not ideal, of course, but I don't see us bringing in a better striker, unfortunately.

If we sort out out wide then he'll do better. If Cabella's as good a passer as they say he is then Papiss will benefit from that too.

We just need to quicken up our attacks for him, he's often making a move to beat the trap (due to his lack of athleticism) and we need to capitalise on that much better than we have. I think if he gets a good run in the team then he'll do alright, he needs a run of games with the right set up behind him. Not ideal, of course, but I don't see us bringing in a better striker, unfortunately.

I agree with this mostly. I think the main problem we are going to have is that we don't have a striker who can lead the line. If we are going to use  someone like Cisse or Riviere as a single striker, then we really will need to change the way we play. Pardew tried to do that last year but really had no idea how to go about it.