Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I would love to see Cisse alongside Ayoze, but with a playmaker behind the two of them. Cisse could then just focus on lurking in dangerous areas ,and not need to be as involved in play per se. He is a heck of a goal scorer.

His general play, however, is absolutely revolting, and quite offensive in truth.

also with cisse drawing attention in the box and suddenly De Jong is lurking around the box as well.

really looking forward to return of  De Jong and aarons.

The imaginary period of incorrect offside goals lol. In that same season he scored and wwas given at least two that where actually offside. The beauty at S'hampon one of them.

Let's not re-write history folks. Not to mention 13/14 was last season where he was completely pants. In 12/13 he got 8 goals - maybe could've got a couple more after being wrongly offsided, could've had a couple less due to having disallowed goals stand.

The imaginary period of incorrect offside goals lol. In that same season he scored and wwas given at least two that where actually offside. The beauty at S'hampon one of them.

Let's not re-write history folks. Not to mention 13/14 was last season where he was completely pants. In 12/13 he got 8 goals - maybe could've got a couple more after being wrongly offsided, could've had a couple less due to having disallowed goals stand.

You don't really need to continue this tbh, just remind everyone that you predicted Dummett was a CB and it'll all be cush.

Anyway whether or not he was unlucky with offsides (I don't think it was an imaginary period at all, but maybe overblown slightly) he played a massive part in keeping us up that season. It's easy to look at 8 in 36 and claim he was bad but it hardly tells the whole story, he scored some very important goals when everyone else looked fucked and was being played out of position for large parts.

If de Jong is going to be the attacking mid, I'm not so sure Cisse is the best option to play ahead of him. I'd wager Ayoze-de Jong will have more balance to it, with Ayoze pulling out into wider areas, stretching the back line and allowing de Jong to attack from deeper areas. Cisse is our only proven goalscorer, at present, though, so it's a conundrum.

Cisse's all round game is pretty shite but he's scoring goals; whereas Ayoze is playing very well but isn't quite as lethal.

Ayoze should be the mainstay IMO, whilst we try to accomodate Cisse as best we can around that. He's a good player to introduce at HT or early on in the second half like Saturday, he always gets chances.

Cisse's all round game is pretty s**** but he's scoring goals; whereas Ayoze is playing very well but isn't quite as lethal.

Ayoze should be the mainstay IMO, whilst we try to accomodate Cisse as best we can around that. He's a good player to introduce at HT or early on in the second half like Saturday, he always gets chances.

:thup:

Supersub might well be the way forward with Papiss. He relishes space and that obviously comes easier when the opposition are more fatigued.

Cisse was suffering quite a lot in his run of bad form from being taken off early as well.  It's a classic mistake managers make, taking off a striker off before 70 odd minutes because it looks like they haven't done much.  They make them miss out on the highest scoring part of matches when the defences are getting tired, which is exactly when the extra spaces start to appear.  There was a stat on Sky this morning regarding Andy Carroll.  He has 10 in 16 for West Ham when he plays the full game.  He has 1 goal in 18 games when he doesn't play the full game.

Often managers bring on a lesser striker, but he looks better because he scores from being fresh in the game at a time when the defence isn't. (granted Cisse got the benefit of this at the weekend)  Between taking him off repeatedly and Pardew playing Cisse on the right wing to accommodate Ba, he practically played him out of form.  It really feels like the long injury lay off has given Cisse the chance to become un-pardewed and his good start this season has given him his confidence back.

Cisse needs to be played right up top, given support up there, have plenty of crosses coming in and also be given the full game.

Cisse suffers from not being a good footballer (yet sometimes is a great poacher). So it's difficult for a manager to judge what to do with him. Your Wengers & Mourinho's wouldn't have him in a side because his all round game is poor. Wenger never rated RVN for example. Ferguson did.

I think the super sub route is a good compromise. He offers nowt in build-up for the team. And if he's not scoring, while he might "work hard" he's normally pretty terrible. Bringing him on fresh when the game is getting stretched, he'll find more space and be able to exploit his strengths more. From the start - I think he has an adverse effect on our overall team play.

Cisse was suffering quite a lot in his run of bad form from being taken off early as well.  It's a classic mistake managers make, taking off a striker off before 70 odd minutes because it looks like they haven't done much.  They make them miss out on the highest scoring part of matches when the defences are getting tired, which is exactly when the extra spaces start to appear.  There was a stat on Sky this morning regarding Andy Carroll.  He has 10 in 16 for West Ham when he plays the full game.  He has 1 goal in 18 games when he doesn't play the full game.

Often managers bring on a lesser striker, but he looks better because he scores from being fresh in the game at a time when the defence isn't. (granted Cisse got the benefit of this at the weekend)  Between taking him off repeatedly and Pardew playing Cisse on the right wing to accommodate Ba, he practically played him out of form.  It really feels like the long injury lay off has given Cisse the chance to become un-pardewed and his good start this season has given him his confidence back.

Cisse needs to be played right up top, given support up there, have plenty of crosses coming in and also be given the full game.

I don't think a progressive side should be built around a poacher of Cisse's ilk imo.

Cisse suffers from not being a good footballer (yet sometimes is a great poacher). So it's difficult for a manager to judge what to do with him. Your Wengers & Mourinho's wouldn't have him in a side because his all round game is poor. Wenger never rated RVN for example. Ferguson did.

I think the super sub route is a good compromise. He offers nowt in build-up for the team. And if he's not scoring, while he might "work hard" he's normally pretty terrible. Bringing him on fresh when the game is getting stretched, he'll find more space and be able to exploit his strengths more. From the start - I think he has an adverse effect on our overall team play.

I don't think a progressive side should be built around a poacher of Cisse's ilk imo.

I wouldn't build a side around Cisse either and the super sub route can be good for him at this point.  I'm more giving a theory on why he has struggled for large periods under Pardew.  Starting games and being taken off before the best scoring opportunity part of matches is a strategy for playing strikers out of their good form.

Cisse will never be a good footballer, but I'd be tempted to have him starting most games for us.  We're not Chelsea or Arsenal at the moment and we lack any kind of consistent goal scorer besides Cisse.  There's some games where he might not be appropriate and where we won't be able to carry passengers, but his goal record is so good at the moment that I think we could carry him against lesser sides.

I'm happy to have someone else up there, but sometimes Ayoze gets just as isolated and isn't as much of a goal threat.  He's a better Footballer of course and that's the argument for him starting ahead of Cisse, but our main issue is that Riviere has so far not been up to it, or given the chance to show he is.  So we don't have that physical presence and hold up man who would do the team play aspect a lot better, while also providing a goal threat.  De Jong's absence and Ferreyra being a total mystery haven't helped matters either.

What was imaginary about it? They were all proven to be onside :lol:

Also the Southampton goal was debatable due to the 2nd phase off Shaw... Same as his 1st against Liverpool...

Those goals disallowed Wouldve been a massive confidence boost for going into his 2nd full season with us with one being an equaliser in The Derby...

The derby one infuriated me mostly because of Niall Quinn's reaction.  "Oh I think that was possibly onside."  He just couldn't bring himself to say it was definitively onside and a terrible decision, despite Cisse being about 3 yards onside.  Him and Ray Wilkins nearly gave me an aneurysm that season with their commentary.

Wenger didn't rate Drogba, either, in spite of the fact he seemed to score against Arsenal in every other week. Who Wenger doesn't rate is about as relevant as who Pardew does rate.

If Cisse's scoring goals, especially at his current ridiculous rate, and not hurting the tempo of our play with offsides there's no reason for him not to start every game.

Wenger didn't rate Drogba, either, in spite of the fact he seemed to score against Arsenal in every other week. Who Wenger doesn't rate is about as relevant as who Pardew does rate.

If Cisse's scoring goals, especially at his current ridiculous rate, and not hurting the tempo of our play with offsides there's no reason for him not to start every game.

Eh? Wenger says he regrets not signing Drogba. Wenger never particularly rated Van Nistelrooy - ever. A simple goal poacher who offered little else. RVN or a Cisse type wouldn't be a Mourinho player either. Incidentally the RVN years mirrored the worst of Man Utd's SAF PL period. Of course we aren't a top club.

Cisse's scored all his goals in the second half and I'd bring him on for that second period as it seems to be working.

He doesn't have great energy levels, I think he's better starting on the bench and coming on at half time if we aren't winning as he can be much more effective when fresh against a tiring defence.

Guest firetotheworks

You dislike him as a player though, so I'm not sure that's actually the case. He's hit and miss, but put him in the box and he's going to score 9/10 imo.