Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Nothing new really but think that really highlights how little impact he had in the game if you don't count the goal. Yes I know how stupid that sounds but still...

Had a major hand in the second too.

Yeah but other than being involved in all of our goals he didn't really impact the game.

Ok fair enough :lol:

I'll get my coat.

Was looking through some stats of the game and noticed this.

Cisse's passes vs Southampton. Very little contribution in the central area.

http://i.imgur.com/RP0Ti5a.png

Compare that to Pelle's passes:

http://i.imgur.com/9jSn6tA.png

Nothing new really but think that really highlights how little impact he had in the game if you don't count the goal. Yes I know how stupid that sounds but still...

as you say - nothing new!

He is not perfect but absolutely lethal in the box. We should keep him - doesn´t have to start every match though!

Yeah but other than being involved in all of our goals he didn't really impact the game.

It's more about his movement tbh, we struggle to build attacks because of how he moves off the ball. He would get more opportunities to score goals if it were better.

Can't knock his ability to finish the little amount we are able to make for him though.

;D

Seen some rubbish posted about wor pap over the last few days. Who was it that said anybody could score the goals he scores? He has his flaws, but I still can't understand some of the criticism he gets when he's made a heck of a contribution over the years. Would a better striker match Cisse's record last season of the best number of goals per minute in the league? Not sure. I also reckon some people are in for a shock if they think replacing Cisse with Mitrovic is magically going to make us start creating more chances.

It's more about his movement tbh, we struggle to build attacks because of how he moves off the ball. He would get more opportunities to score goals if it were better.

One of the reasons we struggle to build attacks si because he doesn't get involved.

Pretty bloody odd that he wouldn't have received the ball and passed it off in a central position at all.

I doubt many, if any strikers would score making runs like that :lol: I really fucking hope it's a problem on his end than an instruction he's receiving.

It's not all down to Cisse, no one bothers (problem for years) to get into the box once he leaves it :lol: He put in a couple of decent crosses still.

He played a big part of both our goals.

Nothing new really but think that really highlights how little impact he had in the game if you don't count the

goal. Yes I know how stupid that sounds but still...

Best not mention that mate, it kind of spoils the theory that he's just a poacher.

http://i.imgur.com/9jSn6tA.png

this should highlight why we need mitro on the pitch and functioning ASAP tbh

Away from home against a side that is going to dominate possession he shouldn't be starting but he is still a valuable player to have. At home against sides worse/as good as us where we have possession I'd still start him. We created quite a bit against Southampton while he was playing