Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I think he's terrible, personally. Scores goals, admittedly, and that's exactly what we need. I don't even know how he scores them. Kinda makes me think it's all fluke, hence why I don't like him. We could do with some luck though...

This is basically how I feel.

I was a massive defender of his but his appearances this season have been pointless. Mitrovic recently has been just as bad like so it's six and two threes really.

The 2 beautiful bastards are heavily responsible in us being shit enough to sign Benitez though so I cannot really complain.

I was a massive defender of his but his appearances this season have been pointless. Mitrovic recently has been just as bad like so it's six and two threes really.

The 2 beautiful bastards are heavily responsible in us being shit enough to sign Benitez though so I cannot really complain.

Cisse's been good in his few starts this season IMO

I think Cisse has to start if fit, he's a pure poacher, and now with the way we're playing we might see the ball in the box a bit more often.

Why are all our strikers so bad :lol:

2015 was a nightmare for him with the injuries and the gobbing and all that, but he might still have it in him. He scored five in Dec 2014, Pardew's last month.

For the first time in ages, we have a manager who can make the right judgement.

36 goals in 82 games for us.

Compares quite favourably with Mitro's 5 in 26.

Wikipedia (I know) has his PL record as 36 in 104. Exclude his stormer first half a season when he scored goals like a man possessed four years ago now and that goes down to 23 in 92, or exactly 1:4. It's better than Mitrovic, granted, but Cisse offers very little in general play, arguably less than Mitro who I rate just as little. There's not much in it really, and I think Doumbia would be approximately the same level but at least he offers pace. I would go with whomever appears to have the most confidence that they can get the goals we need and delivers the goods in training. If Cisse is happy, back to fitness and confident he could be that man.

Guest reefatoon

36 goals in 82 games for us.

Compares quite favourably with Mitro's 5 in 26.

Wikipedia (I know) has his PL record as 36 in 104. Exclude his stormer first half a season when he scored goals like a man possessed four years ago now and that goes down to 23 in 92, or exactly 1:4. It's better than Mitrovic, granted, but Cisse offers very little in general play, arguably less than Mitro who I rate just as little. There's not much in it really, and I think Doumbia would be approximately the same level but at least he offers pace. I would go with whomever appears to have the most confidence that they can get the goals we need and delivers the goods in training. If Cisse is happy, back to fitness and confident he could be that man.

You can't exclude his good run of goals to make his average look crap.

Guest reefatoon

You can when a good 4 month run is out of sync with the other 4 years.

But you can't though, he scored those goals, so you need to count them, doesn't matter if he has not hit those heights again or not. He is nowhere near the player he seemed then, but you can't just ignore the goals he scored when he looked great for us.

Maybe we should not count the games he played and didn't score then, when Pardew played him out wide? Or all the other games he was left upfront on his own with no support or no service?

You can't pick and choose parts of someone's playing history, to make a point. You have to count it all.

When you're talking about his goal record from 4 years ago as a reason he should be playing, when he hasn't done it consistently ever since, I think you can. We're not going to see the Cisse that was banging them in from ridiculous angles all of a sudden when he hasn't for so long.

When you're talking about his goal record from 4 years ago as a reason he should be playing, when he hasn't done it consistently ever since, I think you can. We're not going to see the Cisse that was banging them in from ridiculous angles all of a sudden when he hasn't for so long.

There's a better reason why he should be playing. Mitrovic.

Jesu

You can when a good 4 month run is out of sync with the other 4 years.

But you can't though, he scored those goals, so you need to count them, doesn't matter if he has not hit those heights again or not. He is nowhere near the player he seemed then, but you can't just ignore the goals he scored when he looked great for us.

Maybe we should not count the games he played and didn't score then, when Pardew played him out wide? Or all the other games he was left upfront on his own with no support or no service?

You can't pick and choose parts of someone's playing history, to make a point. You have to count it all.

Fucking hell forgot about that when pardew played him out wide. That was mental after one game you could tell he would be brutual out there. But he kept playing him out there anyways....good awl pards! He never looked the same player since

At the beginning of this season when a lot of people wanted us to flog Cisse after buying Mitrovic, I said back then that I would rather he still be here as I wouldn't want to be relying on Mitro or Perez to score the goals no matter how good their play is outside the box. Well, here we are, both of them contributing to our all round play, except in the penalty area.

At the beginning of this season when a lot of people wanted us to flog Cisse after buying Mitrovic, I said back then that I would rather he still be here as I wouldn't want to be relying on Mitro or Perez to score the goals no matter how good their play is outside the box. Well, here we are, both of them contributing to our all round play, except in the penalty area.

Stop patting yourself on the back.

You'd have to be pretty daft to have wanted rid of Cisse at the start of the season, like. He got 1 in 2 last season with the shittest service known to man. Effectively keeping us in the league, again.

:thup: :lol:

I said the same as TRon like, but Cisse has been fucking fucking shite. And other than the last 2 games Mitrovic has generally more than most to our all round play.

Even if he's absolute shite now (I'll take your word for it) I can guarantee you if we got a decent cross in he'd be far more likely to be on the end of it than any of our other 'strikers'. Riviere? Oh yeah forgot about him, I take it back.

you had this conversation with me I believe, and yes, you were right.