Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

4231 happened and McClaren is as much a believer in this system as Pardew ever was

I really hate this 4-2-3-1, two DM's for defensive safety. It's boring as feck, and when we do it we concede goals like we have only 4 players on the the pitch.

We're really shit at this football lark  :lol:

4-2-3-1 = 4-4-1-1 with CM's having limited attacking responsibility. Classic Arsenal or Man Utd teams basically played that formation but they had CM's that had to create. Petit was probably the closest to a pure DM of the bunch and he had a fantastic left-foot. Keane, Vieira, Scholes B2B essentially. Sure the game has evolved but it's evolved to the point CM roles seem limited.

4-2-3-1 = 4-4-1-1 with CM's having limited attacking responsibility. Classic Arsenal or Man Utd teams basically played that formation but they had CM's that had to create. Petit was probably the closest to a pure DM of the bunch and he had a fantastic left-foot. Keane, Vieira, Scholes B2B essentially. Sure the game has evolved but it's evolved to the point CM roles seem limited.

I'd say Dele Alli is about the only box to box player (goes beyond the strikers i mean) i see now in the top clubs bar Leicester. Leicester's Drinkwater and Kante do both but don't really break past their strikers, but both do the defending and attacking side of CM play.

• 3 weeks later...

So there's absolutely no sign or word of either him or Tiote at all? In my opinion we desperately need both of them back and in the team at the minute, Tiote to add some steel to the midfield (like he was doing in the few games he had a while back where he actually performed quite well) and Cisse to nick a couple of scrappy goals from nothing.

So...we need him back to save us again.

Maybe the only one at the club who can score goals.

Yup, I suppose many Newcastle fans got what they wished for though...they wanted someone that gets involved more in the game then Cisse does.

Would be tempted to get him in, I'm not a big fan of his but he always seems to pop up with goals more often than not.

We might miss the hold up play element of dropping Mitro but goals are more important at this stage, though with our level of service to the strikers goals from Papiss are not guaranteed.

Cisse with motivation is a wonderful thing.

I'd be tempted to go with.

Sav          Shel

Sissoko    Townsend      Winny

Cisse     

With Townsend supporting him.

Guest ElCid

Would be tempted to get him in, I'm not a big fan of his but he always seems to pop up with goals more often than not.

We might miss the hold up play element of dropping Mitro but goals are more important at this stage, though with our level of service to the strikers goals from Papiss are not guaranteed.

Give him service he will score goals and we could do with one of his goal scoring runs big time at the moment - he saved us with his goals a couple of year back and I still think short term he would be our best bet

I think he's terrible, personally. Scores goals, admittedly, and that's exactly what we need. I don't even know how he scores them. Kinda makes me think it's all fluke, hence why I don't like him. We could do with some luck though...