Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Cisse stopped scoring when played up front with Ba.

He played up front with Ba for at least half his goals when he first signed.

Nope. Vast majority Ba was out left.

But yeah Cisse needs to start.  His movement in the box when onside is brilliant and at the very least creates space for others. He's shit at everything else mind.

Thanks for pointing this out TCP, it hadn't really occurred to me in the last couple of years until you mentioned it.

I can't see him and Mitro both starting.  Isn't Rafa a defensive minded manager, who favours the 4-2-3-1? 

I don't think he's going to throw caution to the wind, away at Southampton.  I wish he would, mind.  As we've got fuck all to lose now and whatever we have been doing all season, certainly isn't working. 

We finally played against a team with a mediocre pair of centre backs and an average midfield, and we end up dropping both Mitro and Perez. If we start both against Norwich we win easily.

Both Leicester and Sunderland have two very strong (physically strong that is) centre back pairings that made things tough for Mitro, and thenin Kante and Kirchoff they also had a really good defensive mid that made things difficult for the man dropping off.We had to start with Mitro upfront and Perez/De Jong playing off him against Norwich. It was a bad error.

Cisse should only be thrown on later in the game when the other team has tired and he can maybe catch them off guard with something. Starting him limits the team both defensively and offensively on the whole. He is lazy pressing, he is lazy staying onside, and he is lazy and weak in his attempts to hold up the ball.

As long as Mitro starts every game for the rest of the season we've got half a chance of a couple of wins. As his partner I don't know, I would personally pick either De Jong or Perez to start.

If Rafa is going to stick with 4231 then Cisse doesn't have a place IMO.

We looked by far most dangerous when he and Mitro played together, they looked like they could link up quite well too.

They simply both must start next week, we have to start going for it rather than waiting until half time to do anything.

If we had a pair of midfielders as disciplined, hardworking and on form as Kante and Drinkwater then by all means pair the two of them upfront.

We do not have any combination of two central midfielders that could make up for the Cisse and Mitro pairing IMO.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest neesy111

Was Cisse actually offside once on Saturday? I know he got called wrongly a few times but was he actually ever offside?

Linesman was flagging offside; but he wasn't.

Yes he was.

Said it in the match thread that he can look like a complete donkey right until the moment he sticks it in the net.  Proper goalscorers are priceless.

Rafa's no mug, doesn't matter how much slagging he gets on social media, Rafa will start him more often than not, just because he has the movement of a genuine striker.

Guest reefatoon

What was the heart sign about? Big fan of Gareth Bale?

He was doing it and pointing over to the fans.

Can always rely on Papiss to knock one in when it is really needed.

That said, his general play yesterday (which had been better recently) was poor.

His ball control is horrendous, the amount of goals we could have if he was able to take a ball in his stride is shocking.

That said, his general play yesterday (which had been better recently) was poor.

His ball control is horrendous, the amount of goals we could have if he was able to take a ball in his stride is shocking.

That break away where he was through on goal yet somehow allowed them to get 2 or 3 defenders in front of the goal before Townsend skied it over...

That break away where he was through on goal yet somehow allowed them to get 2 or 3 defenders in front of the goal before Townsend skied it over...

Ach, that was exactly what a shite striker looks like.

But that's just Cisse all over. He isn't actually shite. Wouldn't be remotely surprised if he pinched a couple against Palace. He needs to stay in the team because I still think he's our best chance of a goal.