Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Would mean dropping both perez and wij though or at least playing them out of position. Think it could work like  but it's far from a no brainer, and we don't have many games left to experiment much less time for them to build an understanding.

Try him away from home, nowt to lose experimenting their since we're losing every away game anyway.  At home keep things the same as they are now.

Cisse is a pretty shit footballer but he'd have buried half the chances Mitrovic has had.

Aye. And he probably would've been offside for all of them.

Aye. All of Cisse's 45 or so goals for us have been offside.

This response has zero bearing to the previous posts, as per usual.

Cisse is a pretty shit footballer but he'd have buried half the chances Mitrovic has had.

Aye. And he probably would've been offside for all of them.

Aye. All of Cisse's 45 or so goals for us have been offside.

This response has zero bearing to the previous posts, as per usual.

Still wrong

If anything, Cisse's all round play had been better recently before his injury. Showed some decent link-up and hold-up play. Not sure how he would work with Mitrovic, as I get the feeling they'd both be making similar runs and occupying the same spaces. If we can get those two to complement each other, we'd stay up quite easily IMO.

I feel like a lot of the time with our injured players, that there is often a case of 'absence makes the heart grow fonder.'

You can't really argue with his overall goal scoring record for us.  On the whole, it has been pretty good.  But I thought this season, he looked uninterested and even worse than usual.  His touch, ability to stay on side and quickness to react to anything, were all severely lacking.  After the West Ham game, I would have been happy to never see him play for us again.

I don't think his return will change much, TBH.  I'd say Perez is a better finisher and all round player than Mitrovic.  Yet I'd start Mitrovic ahead of him, almost every time and we seem to play much better with him leading the line.  I think I'd say the same for Mitrovic starting over Cisse. 

I'm not sure we'll ever see them up top as a two, so I've kind of ruled that out, for now.  Have we played with two out and out strikers at all, this season?

His goalscoring record is good. He's mediocre/poor at most other things, and is an utter twat. He's basically the Senegalese Michael Owen. A player who did wonders for us at a time when we needed leaders. Maybe we should give him the captaincy.

:lol: It's one of my less logical grudges, but he's clearly just a massive hypocrite, here for the money and fuck all else. His attitude on the pitch grinds my gears, and Mitro clearly cares far more about the game, so I've officially decided I want him gone.

Plus those goals against Hull ruined everything.

I like Cisse, he's not the classiest or most skilful player but has a good knack of scoring goals.

If Cisse was in a team who created more, he'd be recognised as being much better than he is currently rated.

People expect too much from strikers these days, what happened to playing 4-4-2 and having two wingers sling balls in the box for two poachers like Cisse to bang in?