Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

If Ba starts against Blackburn then I don't see why Cisse couldn't play a part. 20 mins at the end if it's going well.

Well i think its going to go like this tbh.......

Ba starts, Cisse replaces him with 20 mins to go and both start against Villa.

That would be ideal... Let's hope...

Guest VaVaVoom

Ba and Best against Blackburn and Cisse off the bench to replace Best late on.

Chance to have a look at how they work with Barfa before the home game against Villa.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16776418.stm

Newcastle United's Demba Ba says Papiss Cisse is a 'proper goalscorer'

Page last updated at 18:38 GMT, Saturday, 28 January 2012

By Matthew Kenyon

BBC Sport, Bata, Equatorial Guinea

Newcastle's Demba Ba says Senegalese team-mate and new £10m signing Papiss Demba Cisse is a "proper goalscorer".

The strikers could be back in time for United's league match against Blackburn on Wednesday following Senegal's shock Africa Cup of Nations exit.

"It's a good signing for Newcastle - he's going to help us achieve something we want to achieve," said Ba.

Senegal play Libya in their final game in the tournament on Sunday hoping to avoid a third-straight defeat.

Ba, 26, said he was preparing to go back to his club and help "make everything possible" for them, but wants to finish the Cup campaign positively by signing off with a win.

"We have to prepare for the next Nations Cup and the best way to start is with a win against Libya," he said.

"Because if we go home after three losses, that would be a big disappointment."

Senegal were out-thought by Zambia in their opening round defeat, a game which was followed by a stunning victory for the co-hosts, Equatorial Guinea, who are 108 places below the Teranga Lions in the global rankings.

"[in qualification] we were looking like a big side but unfortunately this competition has show the reality of African football," he said, "so we're going to take care of our next steps and fight to have what we want and deserve."

"[After the Libya match] the rest of my season is about Newcastle - so we [he and Cisse] are going to do everything for them and forget about what has happened here," he said at the Senegal hotel here in Bata.

Ba has been linked with a move away from St James's Park but would not be drawn on his club future.

"The position is still the same - it hasn't changed," he said. "I'm just going back there to play the rest of the season. Hopefully as well as I played before."

Cisse, 26, was signed from Freiburg before the tournament got under way and is yet to make his Newcastle debut.

Newcastle's other participant in the tournament is Ivory Coast midfielder Cheick Tiote, whose side top their group and are through to the knock-out stages after winning their opening two matches.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/03/article-2095933-11932D17000005DC-492_468x502.jpg

Come in No 9! New striker Cisse trains with Magpies ahead of Villa clash

By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER

Last updated at 12:14 PM on 3rd February 2012

Papiss Cisse trained with his Newcastle team-mates on Friday morning as the new No 9 prepares to make his debut.

The Senegal striker signed for the Magpies early in the transfer window but has been with his country on Africa Cup of Nations duty.

Three straight defeats brought a premature end to Senegal's participation in the tournament and Cisse, along with striker partner Demba Ba, is back on Tyneside ahead of Sunday's clash with Aston Villa.

Meanwhile, keeper Tim Krul admitted to breathing a huge sigh after the club survived the transfer window unscathed.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/03/article-2095933-11932BAB000005DC-163_468x320.jpg

He said: 'There was definitely relief that the transfer window passed. It is fantastic that we have been able to keep the squad together and to keep the group together and on top of that we now have a top class striker added too. That’s the way we will progress as a football club. We can push on now.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2095933/Papiss-Cisse-Newcastle.html#ixzz1lK4Wc1JL