Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I remember being really excited about Kluivert and Bellamy.

They played together, looked class, and the partnership was never tried again. :lol:

Palace away :fwap:

I was at that game, Kluivert scored a cheeky flick goal in the box?

:nods:

Those teams seem very biased around the here and now. Certainly Woodgate, Given, Speed, Lee, Ginola, Batty, Bellamy, Ferdinand, Cole, Beardsley are all players you could argue a good case for.

Having Speed and Ginola at their peak in this team would be lethal.

No way Ba has done enough to be in any sort of all-time team yet. Cole is miles ahead, Beardsley and Ferdinand are as well. And that's just in the modern era. He's been class like, but he needs another couple of years of this to be anywhere near IMO.

Anyway, carry on with the Cisse thread!

Bah you can tell the age of some of the posters on here. Robert ahead of Ginola? Really?

I'd also have a pre injury Sellars up there too certainly more consistent than Robert and a major reason Cole went mental that first season in the premier league.

Yes you are right, you gonna die before me.

“If I’m honest, I did not think we would get him over the line during January’s transfer ­window – we were really ­focusing on the summer and making sure we got the right striker. But we heard a little ­rumour that his club would do a deal if the money was right, which we did.”

:thup:

“If I’m honest, I did not think we would get him over the line during January’s transfer ­window – we were really ­focusing on the summer and making sure we got the right striker. But we heard a little ­rumour that his club would do a deal if the money was right, which we did.”

:thup:

See, Newcastle Blog can be helpful sometimes.

Bah you can tell the age of some of the posters on here. Robert ahead of Ginola? Really?

I'd also have a pre injury Sellars up there too certainly more consistent than Robert and a major reason Cole went mental that first season in the premier league.

turn the tele down and you can hear ronaldo scratching at the walls and door of his naughty boy cell.

Ginola only scored 7 goals for us and before you say it I know that there was more to his game than that because I was watching.  Just found that surprising when I first realised.  Robert was ace and did more in an NUFC shirt by a long shot imo, although he couldn't dream of matching Ginola's sensational form in the first 6 months he was with us.

Regarding this team I made, it was not a "dream team" of the best Newcastle eleven of all time and as someone else said, this is the Cisse thread, not the best eleven ever thread. Someone mentioned good crossers and I thought about Solano and Robert (no shit). That's it. Maybe Ginola and Beardsley would give even better service to Ba and Cisse but whatever. Our time is now and to sum it all up, this is a really exciting time to be a NUFC supporter and whatever happens on sunday I'm really looking forward to this game. Cisse and Ba is the biggest reason. Cheers.

Ginola only scored 7 goals for us and before you say it I know that there was more to his game than that because I was watching.  Just found that surprising when I first realised.  Robert was ace and did more in an NUFC shirt by a long shot imo, although he couldn't dream of matching Ginola's sensational form in the first 6 months he was with us.

:thup: spot on :) Ginola never recaptured/continued that amazing display after the first half-year. As .com always highlight when his name is mentioned, his head went once that Lee Dixon/Nigel Winterburn incident happened and he was red carded for it :(

Loved that goal vs Ferencvaros :aww:

Guest neesy111

Ginola better player to watch.  Robert more effective for the team, you were guaranteed a cross or pass for a great chance at least once a game with him.