Is racist abuse still an issue in North East football?

Big Geordie

I don't know, I'm not liking this Ayatollah-like culture from the admins, banning people left, right and center. We shouldn't be banning people for expressing their own opinion, no matter how nauseous it may be.

Watch me get banned now :lol:

What about that Sunl'un fella who got banned in the Gary Speed thread? It's not like he was insulting Speed-o. I guess he had it coming though with his other posts. It was just good to have a mackem around here as it was overall pretty entertaining.

HTT's posts were interested.

I have lived in 5 different cities and each city seems to have different cultural race issues.

In the two smaller cities it was predominantly white, and anyone else was very much an ethnic minority, but at my school we had kids from Iran, China, Philippinnes and these kids just settled in and became part of the school, and the worse that ever happened was the Iranian kid got asked in RE if he had been circumcised. Outside of school I seemed to know a lot of mixed race couples which just made it the norm, generally these people have moved to the region alone and just assimilated themselves into the local culture while maintaining their own routes.

Then when I went to Southampton Uni, there was this big Chinese community and a lot of mistrust as the Chinese never talked to the English but then again it was the same the other way, and the Chinese students I spoke too all seemed sound.

Then when I moved to Leeds, there was a big community of South Asians who generally seemed isolated from the rest of the city and there were a lot of social tensions and no real mixing.

Based on that experience, I thought that Manchester would have the worst issues considering its size, but I have found it to be a very diverse community, with everyone mingling, including myself as I am in a mixed-race relationship.

Now when I go home, there are more race tensions than there have ever been due to a large influx of Polish migrants. I think cities are moving at different speeds and at different levels of progress when it comes to integrated communities, all depending on when the migration happened and the size of the city. So in my town, racism will get worse, but in Leeds and Manchester it can only get better (although cases of racism are more extreme)

This is the racism in football thread, not the "Has Colocho been banned??" thread.

Keep the irrelevant stuff out. Got any problems with banning procedures, it's what the PM function is for. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...