Fulham 5 - 2 Newcastle United - 21/01/12 - Post-disaster reaction from page 60

Dave

Based on MOTD Williamson was dreadful. Seemed at fault for most of the goals

Coloccini was very poor 2nd half n'all mind.

Yeah, in general our defence was very poor today. Both Colo and Williamson were completely done for pace.

Looked very good in the first half from MOTD anyway and then came that freak 15 mins which led to this freak result.......

Cut out the silly errors and iam confident we will win the next 2 games, iam also hoping we see a 4-3-3 in the long term as iam convinced Jonas has what its take to play in midfield with Hatem with a free role off the Two Demba's the future is bright.

HTL!

Also does anyone buy the story from Douglas that Pardew is closing in on two defensive targets? 1 iam expecting but 2 would be beyond my wildest imaginations lol.

Yeah, in general our defence was very poor today. Both Colo and Williamson were completely done for pace.

didnt help the fact that santon was nowhere near to be seen when the goals went in

didnt help the fact that santon was nowhere near to be seen when the goals went in

were any of then down the left really ? as a full back and we are chasing the game you expect him to push on, he got caught out loads but not really on the goals.

Now I'm not on my phone I'll give my two pennies worth on what was an eventful game:

First half we were comfortable. We started with a few long balls, but when we eventually settled down we dominated possession and looked by far the more positive side. It was dull for periods but overall we came out on top, I was expecting more of the same the second half...

The penalty decision was woeful, it was outside the box, it was a dive, say what you want but was to come was not down to a refereeing decision. Blackburn aside we've struggled against the 4-3-3 formation all season, this was compounded today by the lack of a natural defensive midfielder. Jol was smart, he stuck Zamora up top with Johnson and Ruiz either side, he then had Dempsey at the head of a three man midfield allowing him to drift into the box behind the forwards. Nine times out of ten Tiote would of dropped deep to pick him up but due to his absence he was left unmarked.

While I lay most of the blame with the players for what was a shambolic twenty minutes Pardew has to take blame too. Dempsey was constantly dropping off, we had a couple of warnings before the onslaught where it was evident an extra midfielder was required, but Pardew did nothing. Gosling hasn't set the world alight thus far but a simple instruction to track Dempsey would have been sufficient.

A few other moans too. Krul's kicking has been woeful all season, it was found out in heinous fashion today. Not only did it present Fulham with possession time and time again, he was directly at fault for the forth goal. As well as this the offcials were woeful, both penalty decision were clearly wrong. The first was outside the box, and I called Johnson's dive in real time, he blatantly went down well before contact.

Given results went our way today, the damage isn't too bad. There are lessons that need to be learnt though, particualrly against a three man midfield where we've struggled time and time again this season.

Guest optimistic nit

were any of then down the left really ? as a full back and we are chasing the game you expect him to push on, he got caught out loads but not really on the goals.

definately for their 2nd he left colo and wili completely stranded 3 vs 2. apart from that the others were down the right or centre.

I thought following the relegation season people would realise a defense is only as good as the midfield protecting it. Today we gave away possession cheaply and didn't look hungry enough to track the runners.

i have pointed that out a few times.

Guest optimistic nit

I thought following the relegation season people would realise a defense is only as good as the midfield protecting it. Today we gave away possession cheaply and didn't look hungry enough to track the runners.

i have pointed that out a few times.

for 20 minutes we lost our heads. before the pen we were coasting.

was surprised we were booing duff,

yeh he wasn't great when he played for us, but he never complained or said a bad word whilst he was at our club.

seemed to put more into the games against us than he ever did for us.

The cunt put more effort into his celebration scoring against us last year than he did in his four years 'playing' for us.

Considering most players nowadays have an attitude to under-celebrate goals against previous teams, the over-celebration by this fucking cunt of a shyster last year was abysmal considering his most meaningful contribution in any game he took part in was scoring the fucking goal that put us down.  Wanker.

Crap results happen, as has been said before there have been times we struggled with 433 formations so it's not entirely surprising that Fulham are fast becoming a bit of a bogey team for us!

Simply put, a very very bad day at the office for all involved... Pards down the the players. It was bound to happen at some point the way the league is going (re: 8/2 1/6 etc etc) but theres no reason to panic just yet. Regroup, sort out the issues and carry on.

Sadly, this is as close as I got to the Jacko statue :okay:

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2252/img1420mk.jpg

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/4503/img1421.png

:lol: What time did you reprobates get back in the end?