Adrian Mariappa stays at Watford

Skirge

Those who are saying "I can see why we wouldn't want to waste £2m" do you not think we could get that back? We could still very realistically sign a quality centre back in the summer and sell the least effective for around the price we signed Mariappa at.

We might be able to, but lets be honest with the way the club is now being ran it was always a long shot unless we could get genuine value.

The argument of "what happens when we buy an expensive top class centre half in the summer" is bizarre imo. Apart from the fact that it won't happen, why do we need to? I'm more than happy to continue with Colo and Taylor at our first choice pairing with Williamson and A.N. Other Half Decent Player to cover. Am I missing something? ???

I don't recall using the words expensive or top class :lol:

Guest neesy111

Bassong on loan to Wolves, Pards was at Spuds I would have taken Bassong on loan in an instabt.

No brainer of a deal.  Little risk apart from wages.

Guest neesy111

Not a chance in hell we'd ever be back in for Bassong. He left on very bad terms with the board and some of our current players according to his girlfriend at the time (who one of my best friends knows quite well).

They should be thankful he left. Got us some $$$$$ to soften the relegation blow.

Guest VaVaVoom

I'm not too fussed about missing out on Mariappa per se, however going into the second half of the season without a third centre half is a massive gamble.

nailed it.

Agreed

Ridiculous to gamble a good season for the sake of a couple of million. Everton and Stoke are just 6 points behind, they made up at least double that when Taylor got injured.