sunderland

JH

Someone needs to change that Simpsons gif from Kenny/Liverpool to MON/Sunderland. Think he's brainwashed an entire town 'MON is the leader...we WILL sign old, slow British players on long contracts' :lol:

Either that or they're just thick.

What gets me is the amount of posters who run out of steam halfway through their fantasy cloggers 11 and just put 'new forward', or even just a row of question marks up front. "heeyaa man, ahve remembered ten nyams, thats enough, am not friggin MON ynaarr"

Also, A. Johnson clearly this years N'Zog.....spotted at 'Ponteland international' yet?

This is the thing, though. They're deluded in 2 senses.

They're deluded in the classic football fans sense of "yeah, we should go for Player X, Y and Z" when really, they're not realistic. I mean, just as examples, why in the blue hell would Debuchy and Giroud even consider the notion of going to Sunderland - fresh from their 13th place finish? :lol:

But then, there's this acceptance that players like Gardner, Cattermole, Colback, O'Shea, Brown, Richardson - you can go on - are actually good enough for them to progress to wherever the hell they think they should be going. It's frightening. It's like a despairing, stubborn, siege mentality of not wanting to open your eyes and realise that, bar maybe 1 or 2 players, what you have in front of you is one of the most uninspiring, mediocre squads known to man.

Barrios/Sow

McClean - Sessegnon - Johnson

Cattermole - Colback

Richardson - Brown - O'Shea - Debuchy

Mignolet

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=702732&page=4#ixzz1vdr2zt4p

:lol: :lol:

If you want to have a guess before clicking the link: he had a spectacular but brief stint on here a month or 2 ago.

The funny thing is that even with those unrealistic additions that squad would certainly still struggle to break Europe (which he suggests)

Has it? The posts I come across from there are just as clueless as they always were.

Honestly, if I could think of one club in the league that defines mediocrity, average, lack of skill, boring; it'd be Sunderland. Depressing place, depressing squad. Good enough not to get caught in a serious relegation battle, never going to be that good a side. Fun.

Seriously, try to be objective. You have the newly promoted sides for the 2012/2013 season and Norwich, Swansea, QPR - all looking for forwards momentum after successful seasons in their first season back (to varying degrees). Aston Villa? Sure, very bad season but they're a famous club with plenty of past success - a much bigger name than Sunderland. Err, who else? Fulham? Better than Sunderland. Even Blackburn who got relegated can say they won the title in the not too distant past. Wigan? Hell, at least they provide some entertainment with their escape acts. What do Sunderland do? What do they actually do? Achieve a high percentage of throw-ins in their own half or something?

Sessegnon is their only decent player

Defence is full of slow, past it Man U rejects, midfield is anonymous and strikers couldn't score on a dartboard, yet they're convinced they should be challenging for Europe.

Has it? The posts I come across from there are just as clueless as they always were.

Honestly, if I could think of one club in the league that defines mediocrity, average, lack of skill, boring; it'd be Sunderland. Depressing place, depressing squad. Good enough not to get caught in a serious relegation battle, never going to be that good a side. Fun.

Seriously, try to be objective. You have the newly promoted sides for the 2012/2013 season and Norwich, Swansea, QPR - all looking for forwards momentum after successful seasons in their first season back (to varying degrees). Aston Villa? Sure, very bad season but they're a famous club with plenty of past success - a much bigger name than Sunderland. Err, who else? Fulham? Better than Sunderland. Even Blackburn who got relegated can say they won the title in the not too distant past. Wigan? Hell, at least they provide some entertainment with their escape acts. What do Sunderland do? What do they actually do? Achieve a high percentage of throw-ins in their own half or something?

Seemingly their only goal is to stay in the league, (somehow) scrap a few results and worship mediocrity as something constructive. Kind of like Stoke, only in a more perplexing way. At least Stoke have decided on a one way route to nothingness and utter boredom. I'm not sure their fans agrees on this, but at least they seem less delusional watching their team do their trade. Expectations and that.

Sessegnon is their only decent player

Defence is full of slow, past it Man U rejects, midfield is anonymous and strikers couldn't score on a dartboard, yet they're convinced they should be challenging for Europe.

:lol:  :lol: Genuinely just realise that this can be applied to their entire prefered back-line.

In February 2010, a few mags got together and hatched a plan to infiltrate the SMB by posing as Sunderland fans.

Enraged by the nationwide popularity of the SMB and, by extension, the popularity of Sunderland fans, they decided that the best way to affect change was from within.

During this meeting, the term 'magedia' was coined, as was a posting style. Appear obsessed with Newcastle, and permanently angry. Appear deluded about the status of Sunderland. Appear to venerate average former staff. In other words, make it look to outsiders that Sunderland fans think like Newcastle fans.

Now, over 2 years on, some are in too deep. Many have quietly decided to become fully fledged Sunderland fans (thecozmo), some have gone quite insane (ShieldsBlackCat), while many have found themselves ostracized by their friends and family (Radio Free Europe, Wacky, Hashtag).

The mission has been a rank failure, of course, but the mental toll on the participants has been so great that some are unable to see it. Like a Vietnam vet giving head for a a vile of crystal meth, these poor wretches are condemned to fight a perennial war on the most solemn battleground of all - their minds.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=702510&page=4#ixzz1ve1uCiIH

:lol:

Still can't believe they spent £6 million on Craig Gardner.

That's ridiculous, I actually had to check Wiki to see if that was accurate.

The picture on his profile page man! A match photo of him in full flight on the field of play, looking athletic, focussed and every inch the professional footballer? Nah, dozy as fuck, looking slightly half-cut, hanging out his car window.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Gardner

Still can't believe they spent £6 million on Craig Gardner.

That's ridiculous, I actually had to check Wiki to see if that was accurate.

The picture on his profile page man! A match photo of him in full flight on the field of play, looking athletic, focussed and every inch the professional footballer? Nah, dozy as fuck, looking slightly half-cut, hanging out his car window.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Gardner

:scared: WOW. It's amazing what some people will spend 600-thousand tenners on.

Think about it, 600-thousand ten pound notes.

Fools and their money, as the saying goes

Midds has got me thinking that someone should troll a thread and see how long it takes to complete the SMB bingo card.

What are you doing posting on a Sunderland site at x o'clock

Obsessed marra.

At least we have class.

Catts for me like.

Ryan Taylor started ahead of him ffs.

Not O'Neils squad.

Midds has got me thinking that someone should troll a thread and see how long it takes to complete the SMB bingo card.

What are you doing posting on a Sunderland site at x o'clock

Obsessed marra.

At least we have class.

Catts for me like.

Ryan Taylor started ahead of him ffs.

Not O'Neils squad.

Bingo ? thats the standard single post.