sunderland

JH

SUNDERLAND will consider selling naming rights to the Stadium of Light as they look for ways to maximise revenue and realise Ellis Short’s ambition of delivering European nights to Wearside.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/safc/safc-news/2013/03/02/sunderland-would-consider-new-stadium-name-61634-32909167/#ixzz2MNutxWsR

How funny would it be if Sports Direct bought the naming rights? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh please let it happen.

Oh sweet baby jesus let it be so.

Our owner funding our rivals? No thanks.

Their stadium is only about 5 minutes old and has a shite name anyway, I'd be surprised if any of them cared.

Guest elbee909

SUNDERLAND will consider selling naming rights to the Stadium of Light as they look for ways to maximise revenue and realise Ellis Short’s ambition of delivering European nights to Wearside.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/safc/safc-news/2013/03/02/sunderland-would-consider-new-stadium-name-61634-32909167/#ixzz2MNutxWsR

How funny would it be if Sports Direct bought the naming rights? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh please let it happen.

Their stadium is only about 5 minutes old and has a shite name anyway, I'd be surprised if any of them cared.

I think it'd be a brilliant insult.  Like 'here's a fiver, do your best son.'

They're losing millions season on season.  No way they'll be self sustainable in 3 years.

TV money should sort that out, unfortunately.

They will just have to spend that to compete with everyone else.

Oh please let it happen.

Their stadium is only about 5 minutes old and has a s**** name anyway, I'd be surprised if any of them cared.

I think it'd be a brilliant insult.  Like 'here's a fiver, do your best son.'

Without doubt.

Seriously- how could it be wose than wongadome?

Durex Stadium of Light? Greggs Stadium of Light?

Neither are worse

Except our stadium isn't called "wongadome"

I love the fact they make something up then are too thick to remember they made it up.

Sunderland must be a fraudsters dream.

So they're going to spend money in the summer and not sell any of their star players but they're aiming to turn a profit within three years?

I'm so confused  :undecided:

http://pipedreamsfromtheshire.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/105oneil_468x465.jpg

Six subs named again by MONg today.

Which other occasion did he do that? I thought it was Redknapp who named 6 subs the other time.

Edit: K, just remember Redknapp named 7, 2 of which are GKs. :lol:

Which other occasion did he do that? I thought it was Redknapp who named 6 subs the other time.

He done in both games against Bolton in the cup.

He done in both games against Bolton in the cup.

So third time today. :lol:

10,000 empty seats down at Pink Park again, despite a perfect Saturday afternoon, 3 o clock kick off and more free/cheap ticket offers than you could shake a stick at.

Still, it consolidates their position at the top of the PL empty seat table.