Chris Sutton Celtic Free

Phil Bardsley Manchester United Loan

Gabor Kiraly Crystal Palace Loan

John Carew Lyon Swap

Ashley Young Watford £9.65m

Shaun Maloney Celtic £1.1m

SECOND SEASON 2007/2008:

Out

Gary Cahill Bolton Undisc (in region of £4m?)

Liam Ridgewell Birmingham £2m

Jlloyd Samuel Bolton Free

Lee Hendrie Sheffield United Free

Chris Sutton Retired

Steven Davis Fulham £4m

Aaron Hughes Fulham £1m

Gavin McCann Bolton £1m

Robert Olejnik Falkirk Free

In

Wayne Routledge Tottenham £1.5m

Moustapha Salifou FC Wil Undisc.

Curtis Davies West Brom Loan

Zat Knight Fulham £3.5m

Scott Carson Liverpool Loan

Harry Forrester Watford £250 000 initial fee rising on appearances

Eric Lichaj Unattached Free

Marlon Harewood West Ham Undisc (region of £3.5m?)

Nigel Reo-Coker West Ham £8.5m

THIRD SEASON 2008/2009

Out:

Luke Moore (West Brom - £3.5million)

Olof Mellberg (Juventus - free)

Patrick Berger (Sparta Prague - free)

Thomas Sorensen (released)

Shaun Maloney (Celtic, £1million)

Wayne Routledge (undisclosed)

In:

Curtis Davies (WBA undisclosed but around £7.5million?)

Steve Sidwell (Chelsea £5.5million)

Brad Friedel (Blackburn, undisclosed but in the region of £2 - £2.5million)

Brad Guzan (Chivas US, undisclosed, starts at around £800k up to £2m on appearances etc?)

Nicky Shorey (Reading, around £4m?)

Luke Young (Middlesbrough, around £5m?)

Carlos Cuellar (Rangers £7.8million)

James Milner (Newcastle, around £12million?)

Arsenio Halfhuid from Excelsior (undisclosed)

Emile Heskey from Wigan Athletic (£3.5m)

Read more: http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=750042#ixzz1rOEITChc

A lot of these players rarely saw first team action and that's why Lerner wouldn't sanction any more signings, until he sold. His reserve team was worth millions, ansd the wage bill astronomical. And that's why Villa are in the mess they're in now.

Lerner's fault for giving O'Neill a warchest, and allowing him to break the wage structure.

Short won't allow it I would think.

Lerner's fault for backing his manager, to the hilt.? I'd have thought most fans would want their owner to back their manager in such a way.

No, a manager can be backed on a sufficient but also tight budget and wage structure. Similar to how both our clubs have been ran.

Lerner was never running the club as a business, and obviously he got a shock when the stats came back to haunt him.

Aye, because when he looked at the reserve team and saw all of those players costiing him millions each year, such as Shorey, Beye, Sidwell, Davies etc. not contributing to Villa's first team, and O'Neill still asking for more money, the penny must have dropped. That Martin O'Neill didn't have a f***ing clue what he was doing in the transfer market. Added to the fact that O'Neill was rarely seen at the training ground...I think Lerner was glad when he walked.

I'm sure he won't be glad now.

I think most Villa fans now would have O'Neill back in a heartbeat over McLeish.

most people would choose syphilis over AIDS, given the absolute choice they'd rather steer clear of both.

Guest Paxton

Hopefully next year it shall be much more competitive season when Martin the magician has had a summer to mess around with the squad.

I can't wait.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1301712/Buy-buy-Martin-How-ONeill-spent-120million-years-Aston-Villa.html

If it gets us 3 consecutive 6th places finishes, great cup runs and also European football then I'll take it.

Even if it set you back 10 years ala Villa right now??

For starters it won't because we have a great owner and chairman in Short, unlike that idiot Lerner who thinks that he has more money than he actually does.

Short knows what he's doing - He wouldn't give Martin O'Neill the massive funds to sign average players such as those, also we work on a tight wage budget that won't be broken, unlike Villa.

Didnt you just sign Oshea and Wes brown on massive 5 year contracts  :lol: :lol:

And are you saying he will dictate to MON who he can and cant sign. I'm sure that will go down well.

Oh, your boy Catts had a stormer today. Saw him give the ball straight to the oppostion on three occasions in the second hald despite being under no pressure what so ever. Better than Tiote  :papiss: :memelol: :yao:

O'Shea and Brown to wage cuts to fit into the structure, see my earlier post.

Short won't dictate who we sign, but he shall give O'Neill a strict budget to work around, unlike Lerner who just threw money at him like it was confetti, that was never going to end well.

Catts had a great game today (I was there), you're judging him off 3 mistakes?

Thing with Lee Lee Lee Clattermole Clattermoleeeee, is he is a horrible little c***, thinks he is hard as f***ing nails, still remember him crying at Boro when got sent off or booked or some s***, total clogger of a player - can't believe your fans like him, you can tell every team's players think he is a prick - for me he represents you very well - exactly as I see your lot :) - most of you anyway, I do have some mates that unfortunately are.

A fair few pricks have represented you aswell to be fair, Barton, Carroll, Bowyer, Ranger

To be fair don't think Carroll really fits in with them lunatics he just glassed someone, the rest are multiple offenders

Carroll got done for multiple things, assault, domestic abuse and also the use of class A substances (cocaine) along with Nolan anarl.

Never got done for coke I don't believe, right about the others but Barton, Bowyer both a bit worse, totally detestable c***s at times, Quite liked how Barton riled the opposition though. Didn't Bent beat his lass and your classy lot racially abused his mam, suarez wannabe c***s :)

Yeah, that did happen, hopefully those fans are never allowed to enter a football stadium again. Can't stand racism. Bent didn't beat his lass.

But didn't your fans lob missiles at his car when he was out on a shopping trip?

Was probably your lot on a day trip to the capital of the north east for the day :) - I won't even call that lot fans, neanderthals tbh

Why would our own fans attack our best player?  :mike:

They attacked his mother.

Verbally, not physically. Thank God.

I'm pretty sure your fans have abused past players anarl.

Probably, but not racially abusing player's relatives. We ain't that classy.

Okay, let's leave it at that.

But how's the 'Cockney mafia out' protests coming along, do you still hate Ashley with a passion?

many people wanted him out when he was making massive mistakes, now he's turned it round many are ok with him.

Okay with him?

You vandalised your own stadium, and smashed up the Sorts Direct Shops in anger of Ashley only a couple months ago.

me ? i didn't, ask anyone on here and you'll find i've never been an ashley-outer.

I meant your fans in general.

FIRST SEASON 2006/2007 :

Out

Kevin Phillips WBA £700k

Matthieu Berson Levante £1m

Ulises De La Cruz Reading Free

Peter Whittingham Cardiff City £250k

Eric Djemba Djemba Quatar Free

Juan Pablo Angel New York Red Bulls Free

Milan Baros Lyon Swap

Mark Delaney Retired

In

Stiliyan Petrov Celtic £6.5m

Didier Agathe Celtic Free

Chris Sutton Celtic Free

John Carew Lyon Swap

SECOND SEASON 2007/2008:

Out

Chris Sutton Retired

Steven Davis Fulham £4m

Aaron Hughes Fulham £1m

Gavin McCann Bolton £1m

In

Zat Knight Fulham £3.5m

THIRD SEASON 2008/2009

Out:

In:

Brad Guzan (Chivas US, undisclosed, starts at around £800k up to £2m on appearances etc?)

Read more: http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=750042#ixzz1rOEITChc

A lot of these players rarely saw first team action and that's why Lerner wouldn't sanction any more signings, until he sold. His reserve team was worth millions, ansd the wage bill astronomical. And that's why Villa are in the mess they're in now.

Lerner's fault for giving O'Neill a warchest, and allowing him to break the wage structure.

Lerner's fault for backing his manager, to the hilt.? I'd have thought most fans would want their owner to back their manager in such a way.

No, a manager can be backed on a sufficient but also tight budget and wage structure. Similar to how both our clubs have been ran.

Lerner was never running the club as a business, and obviously he got a shock when the stats came back to haunt him.

Aye, because when he looked at the reserve team and saw all of those players costiing him millions each year, such as Shorey, Beye, Sidwell, Davies etc. not contributing to Villa's first team, and O'Neill still asking for more money, the penny must have dropped. That Martin O'Neill didn't have a f***ing clue what he was doing in the transfer market. Added to the fact that O'Neill was rarely seen at the training ground...I think Lerner was glad when he walked.

He has never really used a squad either has he, sticks with same players where possible all the time. I do think he will always have them in and around the top 10 mind, however when he leaves boooom. Unless he has changed his philosophy in last couple of years he will buy british where possible as they match the mentality required, previous players that played for him, or have a go at foreigners and they will fail. He is clearly a good motivator of players and makes them hard to beat, its whether he can build on it and has a plan b. Always played on the counter from what I have seen

Hopefully next year it shall be much more competitive season when Martin the magician has had a summer to mess around with the squad.

I can't wait.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1301712/Buy-buy-Martin-How-ONeill-spent-120million-years-Aston-Villa.html

If it gets us 3 consecutive 6th places finishes, great cup runs and also European football then I'll take it.

For starters it won't because we have a great owner and chairman in Short, unlike that idiot Lerner who thinks that he has more money than he actually does.

Short knows what he's doing - He wouldn't give Martin O'Neill the massive funds to sign average players such as those, also we work on a tight wage budget that won't be broken, unlike Villa.

Didnt you just sign Oshea and Wes brown on massive 5 year contracts  :lol: :lol:

And are you saying he will dictate to MON who he can and cant sign. I'm sure that will go down well.

Oh, your boy Catts had a stormer today. Saw him give the ball straight to the oppostion on three occasions in the second hald despite being under no pressure what so ever. Better than Tiote  :papiss: :memelol: :yao:

Short won't dictate who we sign, but he shall give O'Neill a strict budget to work around, unlike Lerner who just threw money at him like it was confetti, that was never going to end well.

Thing with Lee Lee Lee Clattermole Clattermoleeeee, is he is a horrible little c***, thinks he is hard as f***ing nails, still remember him crying at Boro when got sent off or booked or some s***, total clogger of a player - can't believe your fans like him, you can tell every team's players think he is a prick - for me he represents you very well - exactly as I see your lot :) - most of you anyway, I do have some mates that unfortunately are.

A fair few pricks have represented you aswell to be fair, Barton, Carroll, Bowyer, Ranger

To be fair don't think Carroll really fits in with them lunatics he just glassed someone, the rest are multiple offenders

Carroll got done for multiple things, assault, domestic abuse and also the use of class A substances (cocaine) along with Nolan anarl.

Never got done for coke I don't believe, right about the others but Barton, Bowyer both a bit worse, totally detestable c***s at times, Quite liked how Barton riled the opposition though. Didn't Bent beat his lass and your classy lot racially abused his mam, suarez wannabe c***s :)

Yeah, that did happen, hopefully those fans are never allowed to enter a football stadium again. Can't stand racism. Bent didn't beat his lass.

But didn't your fans lob missiles at his car when he was out on a shopping trip?

Was probably your lot on a day trip to the capital of the north east for the day :) - I won't even call that lot fans, neanderthals tbh

But how's the 'Cockney mafia out' protests coming along, do you still hate Ashley with a passion?

many people wanted him out when he was making massive mistakes, now he's turned it round many are ok with him.

Okay with him?

You vandalised your own stadium, and smashed up the Sorts Direct Shops in anger of Ashley only a couple months ago.

me ? i didn't, ask anyone on here and you'll find i've never been an ashley-outer.

in general, so the majority of our fans vandalised the stadium ? i'm amazed it's still standing.

FIRST SEASON 2006/2007 :

Out

Kevin Phillips WBA £700k

Milan Baros Lyon Swap

Mark Delaney Retired

In

Chris Sutton Celtic Free

John Carew Lyon Swap

SECOND SEASON 2007/2008:

Out

Chris Sutton Retired

Steven Davis Fulham £4m

Aaron Hughes Fulham £1m

Gavin McCann Bolton £1m

In

Zat Knight Fulham £3.5m

THIRD SEASON 2008/2009

Out:

In:

I'm sure he won't be glad now.

I think most Villa fans now would have O'Neill back in a heartbeat over McLeish.

Well it saved him compo to be paid when sacking him. McLeish is suffering for O'Neills spendthrift trasnsfer policy now, and I think most Villa fans understand that. Certainly the ones I know have a lot of vitriol for O'Neill.

Guest Paxton

FIRST SEASON 2006/2007 :

Out

Kevin Phillips WBA £700k

Milan Baros Lyon Swap

Mark Delaney Retired

In

Chris Sutton Celtic Free

John Carew Lyon Swap

SECOND SEASON 2007/2008:

Out

Chris Sutton Retired

Steven Davis Fulham £4m

Aaron Hughes Fulham £1m

Gavin McCann Bolton £1m

In

Zat Knight Fulham £3.5m

THIRD SEASON 2008/2009

Out:

In:

He has never really used a squad either has he, sticks with same players where possible all the time. I do think he will always have them in and around the top 10 mind, however when he leaves boooom. Unless he has changed his philosophy in last couple of years he will buy british where possible as they match the mentality required, previous players that played for him, or have a go at foreigners and they will fail. He is clearly a good motivator of players and makes them hard to beat, its whether he can build on it and has a plan b. Always played on the counter from what I have seen

I cannot doubt him because his tactics have been superb so far. And I'm all for quick, pacy and exciting counter attacking football, I would much rather watch that then watching boring dross football at Stoke City, like you say, you pay for your ticket and want it to be worth the price.

O'Neill has huge and undeniable faults, and I'm not at all convinced than Short will keep any of them in check, and that it won't end in tears. I can see why Sunderland fans are 100% behind him though, he is the best manager they could possibly get  :lol:.

FIRST SEASON 2006/2007 :

Out

Kevin Phillips WBA £700k

Milan Baros Lyon Swap

Mark Delaney Retired

In

Chris Sutton Celtic Free

John Carew Lyon Swap

SECOND SEASON 2007/2008:

Out

Chris Sutton Retired

Steven Davis Fulham £4m

Aaron Hughes Fulham £1m

Gavin McCann Bolton £1m

In

Zat Knight Fulham £3.5m

THIRD SEASON 2008/2009

Out:

In:

Yes I agree with this. Villa were always more dangerous away from home too, because of this. Has this strange knack for not liking full backs and converting central defenders to playing at full back. His style has always been big man with a speed merchant up top, and long ball in the channels type style. Did it at Leicester, Celtic and Villa.

I can't wait.

Okay with him?

Our fans in general? :lol:

A few lairy kids following a reserve match?

Guest Paxton

I can't wait.

Okay with him?

in general, so the majority of our fans vandalised the stadium ? i'm amazed it's still standing.

Did the majority of our fans abuse Bent's mum, no, only a couple daft lads.

What I'm getting at is that every club has their pick of idiots, and we cannot generalise a football clubs average supporter because of a couple supporters.

FIRST SEASON 2006/2007 :

Out

Kevin Phillips WBA £700k

Milan Baros Lyon Swap

Mark Delaney Retired

In

Chris Sutton Celtic Free

John Carew Lyon Swap

SECOND SEASON 2007/2008:

Out

Chris Sutton Retired

Steven Davis Fulham £4m

Aaron Hughes Fulham £1m

Gavin McCann Bolton £1m

In

Zat Knight Fulham £3.5m

THIRD SEASON 2008/2009

Out:

In:

I cannot doubt him because his tactics have been superb so far. And I'm all for quick, pacy and exciting counter attacking football, I would much rather watch that then watching boring dross football at Stoke City, like you say, you pay for your ticket and want it to be worth the price.

Not at home you won't, especially if the away team won't attack you.

I can't wait.

Okay with him?

What I'm getting at is that every club has their pick of idiots, and we cannot generalise a football clubs average supporter because of a couple supporters.

Your club obviously had first choice then,.

Guest Paxton

O'Neill has huge and undeniable faults, and I'm not at all convinced than Short will keep any of them in check, and that it won't end in tears. I can see why Sunderland fans are 100% behind him though, he is the best manager they could possibly get  :lol:.

He is a good manager though.

I didn't know you lot where in for Pep Guardiola like when you sacked Hughton?

Guest Paxton

This is beyond dull. f***ing mackem bellends ruin this forum every time they come on.

Ruin? I've done nothing wrong.  :mike:

I came on a rival fans forum to have a unbiased Football DISCUSSION. If you don't like me you can happily put me on ignore or something.

FIRST SEASON 2006/2007 :

Out

Kevin Phillips WBA £700k

Milan Baros Lyon Swap

Mark Delaney Retired

In

Chris Sutton Celtic Free

John Carew Lyon Swap

SECOND SEASON 2007/2008:

Out

Chris Sutton Retired

Steven Davis Fulham £4m

Aaron Hughes Fulham £1m

Gavin McCann Bolton £1m

In

Zat Knight Fulham £3.5m

THIRD SEASON 2008/2009

Out:

In:

I think he will always play that way and be happy to not be Stoke still isn't great :)

He will always make you competitive I reckon and Big teams will find you hard to play against, however I still think he will piss your fans off with signings. Better than Brewce no doubt about that, but maybe a bit stuck in his ways and to tactically rigid to take you where your fans will want - that's not to belittle your team, just what I believe. I think we are overachieving this year and what happens next year will show alot about our manager 

i'm still awaiting some proof of carroll and nolan in court over drug use, bizzarely in court whilst not being charged and cattermole being let off the vandalism charges ?

You and me both, mate. How many weeks do we usually ban people for libel? I hope it's not too long. I for one want to hear more about how Artie Ziff only bought badly because Randy Lerner gave him loads of money ergo it's the Yanks fault :lol:

FIRST SEASON 2006/2007 :

Out

Kevin Phillips WBA £700k

Milan Baros Lyon Swap

Mark Delaney Retired

In

Chris Sutton Celtic Free

John Carew Lyon Swap

SECOND SEASON 2007/2008:

Out

Chris Sutton Retired

Steven Davis Fulham £4m

Aaron Hughes Fulham £1m

Gavin McCann Bolton £1m

In

Zat Knight Fulham £3.5m

THIRD SEASON 2008/2009

Out:

In:

You didn't watch today's game did you son?

I can't wait.

Okay with him?

looking at RTG recently i'd say it's possible some clubs fan bases have a larger proportion of knackers than others.

Paxton: please watch your libelous comments in future, unlike rtg were not racist, full of shit, uneducated and happy to break laws just to get a rise out of people. I understand it might take some time adjusting to this, but it is not impossible to live in the modern world and is boundaries.

Take 24hrs off the forum to think about things.

Guest neesy111

Paxton is now on my ignore list, I'd advise others to follow suit.

(For people with neesy on their ignore list).

:okay: