sunderland

JH

The only one of our transfers I'd argue that should be in a 'Top 10 Worst of the Season' (based on the FM-style performances vs price) would be Obertan. Santon, not a fucking chance. I'd not say he's been one of the most brilliant ones but there's no way he belongs anywhere near that sort of list, he's been 'areet' at worst.

As for the mackems, I'd say Wickham looks like a waste of time for the money they paid and El-Mohammady has always been piss poor and making him permanent was never going to be a good idea.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Decided to listen to the mackems-Spurs game on Radio Newcastle today - "Cattermole had an excellent game and led by example." Ha!

Excellent by Cattermole's standards, probably. I don't think he was booked and he managed to kick 4 different people within 30 seconds at one point of the game.

O'Neill has huge and undeniable faults, and I'm not at all convinced than Short will keep any of them in check, and that it won't end in tears. I can see why Sunderland fans are 100% behind him though, he is the best manager they could possibly get  :lol:.

He is a good manager though.

I didn't know you lot where in for Pep Guardiola like when you sacked Hughton?

Cringeworthy last sentence.

O'Neill has huge and undeniable faults, and I'm not at all convinced than Short will keep any of them in check, and that it won't end in tears. I can see why Sunderland fans are 100% behind him though, he is the best manager they could possibly get  :lol:.

He is a good manager though.

I didn't know you lot where in for Pep Guardiola like when you sacked Hughton?

I didn't know that either.

It's class when a mackem comes on here, tries to act intelligent and reasonable to get onside with us, because it's absolutely guaranteed that within a couple of days they'll have resorted to becoming stereotypical mackem number x we've had on here with utterly ridiculous posts.

When Alan Green expressed his surprise at how many empty seats there were at Sunderland yesterday, even against attractive top opposition, Michael Gray his co-commentator got all macum and said they had a "full house" for the cup QF but were badly let down and had decided not to return.

Aren't pundits supposed to tell the truth? Considering Everton brought almost 10K fans to Wearside and there were still 5,000 empty seats doesn't that mean something like 33-35,000 Sunderland fans bothered turning out for their biggest game in years?

Even with their Northern League price £5 tickets they can't get anywhere near a full house and that is a major reason why the Yank will lose interest soon. The SoL is becoming known as a music venue where football is also played.