sunderland

JH

The amount of burying heads in sand on that forum at the moment is brilliant, quite a few people saying that MONg needs to be given 4 transfer windows before they can start to judge him, two seasons FFS  :lol:

One win in 16 (?) games and averaging less that two shots on target per game so far this season, yet anyone who pipes up is being called a knee-jerker  :lol:

I really, really want O'Neill to have 4 transfer windows.

:lol:  you nasty git.

My will to take the piss is even lacking, they are so pathetic at the moment.

They are like a horrible little dog that barks and snaps at you all the time and you hate the fucker and kick it whenever you can...............but its been hit by a car and its lying in the gutter injured, shud I have a kick while its down - the sad fucker.

If he had another 4 transfer windows I could see them getting relegated tbh, he already has their outstanding player (Sess) looking poor. They are playing really badly and just scraping results. They completely rely of Fletcher, one player! Imagine if he got a long term injury.

If he had another 4 transfer windows I could see them getting relegated tbh, he already has their outstanding player (Sess) looking poor. They are playing really badly and just scraping results. They completely rely of Fletcher, one player! Imagine if he got a long term injury.

Step forward Mr Aiden McGeady

Reading coverage of MON at Sunderland on a couple of Villa forums today, these are some stand-out comments.

I wouldn't want you to think I'm a lone voice in the wilderness, far from it.

Great post about 6th place. It really boils my piss when the media, and even some of our own fans, make out it was some fantastic achievement for the club.

My first game was 1975, and since then only 1 manager who has had more than 1 season at the club has failed to finish in the top 6 at least once. Step forward Mr Turner. So it's hardly the great achievement it's made out to be when Saunders, Barton, SGT1, BFR, Little, Gregory and even Mr Fickle managed it. A few of those actually managed to win something as well.

So well done Pube Head, you are the 6th most successful Villa manager in my time despite having the best working conditions of any of them. That's your legacy for me, you're not actually that good a manager.

referring to the video of those journalists finally cottoning on to him:

Blimey I only just saw the video and can only say those guys have O'Neill totally sussed, which surprised me as they are journalists.  Practically word for word the criticisms aimed at him by myself and many other non-believers on here for many months even before he left us. 

I understand why some defended him, especially those that attended away games. Away from home, you don't care how you get the result. You spend a lot of money getting there, expensive ticket prices and a few drinks before, not to mention the poor weather conditions you may face. It's generally blind faith but under MON we generally got a result away from home.

At home was a different story. Despite getting in some great attendances over his rein, the football seemed to get worse not better. It's easy to say teams "park the bus" but that doesn't defend the cluelessness of his tactics. I say tactics in the phural but in reality it was a tactic, the same tactic he's now using at Sunderland - get the ball out to the wingers. Yes, he managed to beat the Rags time and time again but I'm Villa not a Nose and there's more to my season that playing them.

It aint going to end well for him at Sunderland. Dont think he has the heart for it anymore, Villa was his chance to make it big and I think he knows he blew it.

Not all bad and far from it. Very organised at set pieces, we could compete with the biggest clubs particularly away from home, Ashley Young, moving Milner to centre midfield, Gabby's development, he inherited a disaffected club as he put it and to be fair he made us competitive.

But as we all know it came at a cost. His laziness as a manager is his biggest fault and the joke of a yes minister entourage he surrounded himself with. Even Clough had a good number 2 for scouting players. We badly missed a David Dein type figure as Chief Executive during his reign but MON would never be one to admit his failings.

I was an enthusiastic backer of MON until the signing of Emile Heskey. We had Gareth Barry playing the football of his career in a 5 man midfield prior to that. The season after in the same position, he played the same side twice in the space of a week. I think Stoke was one with Cuellar at right back. It was over then for MON really.

Regarding the defence a perfect example of his buying policy was Bouma being injured and us promptly buying Nicky Shorey from new relegated Reading..who lasted a handful of games before being dropped.As I recall he went and asked Sidwell if he was any good ..that was the grand total of his ''scouting '' network.Same with Beye we needed a RB and that was the best he could fine ..seriously.I also recall us being linked to Falcao now at Atheltico Madrid and him saying something like we will be looking closer to home ..we brought Heskey...

MON in microcosm. We are playing like a drain at home to some no marks and are a goal down.

We are crying out for a change and, finally, some subs start to warm up to ironic cheers.

Really going through his paces is Delfouneso and obviously being prepared to come on. "We want Delfouneso on" chant the crowd.

He is immediately sent back to the bench in favour of Sidwell.

To study law to any degree requires an academic, forensic brain. A sharpness to deal with changing information.  And ultimately making conclusions. Conclusions might change as more information becomes available, and a different response might be required. 

Which makes his limited, intermediate approach to the game even more hard to fathom.  He was surely smart enough to know that the game moves on, yet he persisted with two stoppers at the back, the nippy winger and the big man up top. He'll still be doing that in 10 years, should he remain in the game that long.      If he managed to the age of 200, he'd probably see little reason to modify his approach much.

"Fuck it, that'll do,"  is increasingly how it comes across.  Lazy is right.

I remember when we beat Newcastle 2-0 at VP in one of his first games and we had about 30% possession.  The analysis was this was nothing to worry about as we won and we will do more with the ball.  It is a very dangerous game to play, however, and running around chasing the ball for 90 mins means we did run out of steam by the time his fabled month of March came round.

I've probably made it sound simplistic but I'm sure you get my drift.

He's a lazy manager and at 60 he's not going to change his style now.

For anyone who can be bothered look at Sunderland and he's doing exactly the same things up there as he was doing here.

Craig Gardner has played most of this season at right back, Jack Coleback (a midfielder) played last night at left back.

Just like here he moved a hardworking right sided midfielder into the centre like Milner here, he's done the same with Seb Larrson there although I don't expect Man. City to come in with a 20m bid anytime soon.

Sunderland have 6 draws from 8 this season so seems fairly obvious to me they struggle to break down sides which was a familiar problem here usually at VP. And they've let in a few late goals this season when sitting back again on a 1-0 lead which again used to happen to us too often.

Basically they're a poorer version of what we were and luckily for them Ellis Short seems to have a tighter reign on the pursestrings. They'll be mid table which will probably please most of their fans as I doubt there's any great expectation of top 6.

Interesting point made earlier, I think MON does know we were his big opportunity to break into the elite managers section and get someone like Man. United interested and he knows it.

I too can see him going from Sunderland at the end of the season, really can't see that being a long term job for him and at his age it could be his last job.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/2207206.stm

"But Reid, who has been under pressure to sign a strike partner for Kevin Phillips, has missed out on Ajax forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

The 20-year-old Swedish star has decided to stay with the Dutch side despite attracting interest from another Premiership club.

"I plan to stay at Ajax and compete for a place, even though I know Sunderland and one other English club are in for me," he said. "

Sunderland tried to sign Ibrahimovic  :spit:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/2207206.stm

"But Reid, who has been under pressure to sign a strike partner for Kevin Phillips, has missed out on Ajax forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

The 20-year-old Swedish star has decided to stay with the Dutch side despite attracting interest from another Premiership club.

"I plan to stay at Ajax and compete for a place, even though I know Sunderland and one other English club are in for me," he said. "

Sunderland tried to sign Ibrahimovic  :spit:

...and ended up with Tore Andre Flo :lol:

I love that uncomfortable silence that descends on them when no players are visible.  Nee crack other than shouting at the other team.  Proper pantomime stuff, the fucking children that they are :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ryan Taylor

The ultimate troll. Well in Raylor! :laugh:

The mackems' remarks at Colo and Jonas - "GET A f***ing HAIRCUT!" :lol:

That welcome was tame when compared to the one they get when they come to our ground.  The noise at our place is deafening.

Sunderland team is in & no place for 2nd top goalscorer Demba Ba. Nee wonder the the team is struggling to score. O'Neil out the guy is fucking clueless.

:lol: