sunderland

JH

Another classic

Saw the images of MON today.

Beneath the boyish touselled hair and charming disposition (in the face of mageida naked hostility) I caught a... certain something stretching from cheek-to-cheek.

The Italians have words for it; the meaning of that famous smile. The tight lips with the ‘giocondo’ smirk of self-amusement. The ‘sfumato’ smile of blurry ambiguity leaving all to the imagination.

But there was little left to the imagination in the Mona Lisa smile of Mr O'Neill. That tight smile and warm eyes. It was a constant reflection into his enemies rage. It softly deflected the opposing aspirant’s mean eyes darting the fiery embers of spent dark coal. The gentle face absorbed the blasts full of mendaciousness with unusual calm. What was in that smile? Was it beguilement, bemusement, beneficence, bewilderment, or was it a simple knowing that passeth the understanding of the desperation and despair of a cowardly mag's last days?

That smile. The smile of a father more knowing than his wayward son. A smile of strength with the confidence of experience behind it. Never haughty; just all knowing. A smile that knew his opponent better than Shitdrew did himself. The tight lips and glistening eyes conveyed more than just resolve and assurance. A kindness showed through. And compassion. A face of a man that has seen and hit every bump in the road only to persevere and become the better for it with the help and care he gave along the way.

It was a cheek never turned. The heaven reaching cheek bones and jutting jaw of gentle defiance. A visage that could weather withering fusillades of fury. The cheek bones were resolute but had the effect of drawing out the extended pursed lips. High cheeks, not etched, but enough to make his day against any antagonist apparent to millions that watched.

Yet that smile and glint of the eye revealed even deeper truths. It exposed the wrinkles of equanimity and inner peace. A soul well searched and ready for its final calling. A deep set smile catapulting a man with a higher cause and purpose. For all the vicissitudes sent his way, the smears, the slanders - all were swept away by that one smile. The smile that let us know that goodness doesn’t always come in last. A smile as wide as it was lingering many days after. A trusted smile that will find its way into a mackem portrait for the ages. Maybe even into the Louvre.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?p=13780518#post13780518#ixzz2BmDbld3U

Sunderland have sent 1200 tickets back to us today which are for the Upper Bullens. Lots of great views are now on sale to Everton fans. You can buy now online and pick up at the ticket office tomorrow.

Shurely shome mistake. I thought they all went to every game, while plastic mags just buy replica tops and don't bother going.

Sunderland have sent 1200 tickets back to us today which are for the Upper Bullens. Lots of great views are now on sale to Everton fans. You can buy now online and pick up at the ticket office tomorrow.

Shurely shome mistake. I thought they all went to every game, while plastic mags just buy replica tops and don't bother going.

they struggled like fuck to sell out for the derby! 100s of mags in their end

they struggled like fuck to sell out for the derby! 100s of mags in their end

I believe Sunderland have the highest average number of empty seats per game in the PL. Would be even higher if they didn't get their annual sell out when we visit.

Will be getting a whole lot "pinker" down there too, as Marty muddles along.

i just can't get over their worship of o'neill. his record is basically that of souness in the UK (for celtic see rangers, for leicester see blackburn, for villa see us if we had that sort of cash to burn at that time). in fact the main difference being souness's blackburn played some good to watch football as opposed to the 70's style leicester.

Guest Slippery Sam

Bob Murray's fault really, a club like Sunderland had no need for such a big stadium.

Through the mists of time, I seem to recall "at least one more seat than Newcastle" and 55,555 (intended seats for the re-developed SOS).