sunderland

JH

i just can't get over their worship of o'neill. his record is basically that of souness in the UK (for celtic see rangers, for leicester see blackburn, for villa see us if we had that sort of cash to burn at that time). in fact the main difference being souness's blackburn played some good to watch football as opposed to the 70's style leicester.

I think his achievements at Villa slightly overshadowed Souness' here if we're being honest.

i just can't get over their worship of o'neill. his record is basically that of souness in the UK (for celtic see rangers, for leicester see blackburn, for villa see us if we had that sort of cash to burn at that time). in fact the main difference being souness's blackburn played some good to watch football as opposed to the 70's style leicester.

I think his achievements at Villa slightly overshadowed Souness' here if we're being honest.

like i said we didn't have the sort of money that villa threw around.

The amount of time Souness was in charge is different. I'd wager the average spend per seasons in charge wouldn't be an awful lot of difference between the two.

The amount of time Souness was in charge is different. I'd wager the average spend per seasons in charge wouldn't be an awful lot of difference between the two.

souness was only here about 18month.

That's my point, mate.

Bob Murray's fault really, a club like Sunderland had no need for such a big stadium.

That, my mackem mate repeats that over and over again, should have left the stadium at 40k and had kept it tight.

Souness spent about £50m in a year didn't he? (Boumsong, Faye, Babayaro, Emre, Parker, Owen, Luque....)

Souness spent about £50m in a year didn't he? (Boumsong, Faye, Babayaro, Emre, Parker, Owen, Luque....)

Those players man :scared:

They won't try to score though Neil

Heitinga and Jagielka will be their goal threat, great finishers IMO.

I'm not joking. We haven't needed to be under that much pressure to concede this season, especially at the start of the game. There's something worry about being behind against Wigan, Southampton and QPR all within 15 minutes. :lol: