sunderland

JH

Have I missed something here, could someone enlighten me please?

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showpost.php?p=13765310&postcount=41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambchops 

For some reason the Mags are still seen as a big team across europe - they get good coverage all over the place (most of the footage goes back to the Keegan days like).

Regardless of what we think as Safc fans the Keegan years made them a big name across europe

I'd love us to play in european competition and I wouldn't care how we got there or what channel we were shown on

I think they do also have a higher european profile due to mags almost obsessive love of replica teamwear (which I have as well as it happens).

Wherever I've been on holiday around the Med, the place has been wick with mags (as many on show as any other club, unless it's been a bar with manu actually on the telly), while I'm lucky to see more than 1 or 2 Sunderland. This must affect the perceptions of other nationalities in the resorts.

I don't think that the anti replica kit stance taken by quite a few Sunderland fans helps the club either financially or with it's profile.

No mackems ever wear replica merchandise because they're too busy being stylish kernts in the A/W 12/13 Armani best suits.

But Liverpool have a capital L.  :anguish:

At least Liverpool is a proper city.

vs a Shitty ( note the capital.. meaning proper)

Sunderland is the only city in the UK not to have a Cathedral

Tramps

nee wonder their prayers go unanswered all too often. :lol:

Just a small town with delusions of Grandeur.  Who decided to call them a city without a cathedral?

the queen. iirc.

They won a competition to be called a city in 1992.

1992 glory boys marra, FTM.

:lol:  how Ironic, they really are a living joke :lol: