sunderland

JH

won't be long before some mackem proves graham was a sunderland fan all along based on something he once said to a mates sons window cleaners girl friends aunties hairdresser, whey DG even stands for dirty geordies.

went to school in Heworth.  100% sunderland territory.  Plastic mag, marra.

My uni (northern california) is 100% glory hunting SF Giants territory. Didn't hear shit about them when I came to town, but now everyone has brand new caps and slutty-tube-tops on. Of course I rep Oakland til I die with a gat in my hand, it just means more people to kill.

we must have signed some mackem fans? Waddle? any others? cant recall any of this carry on--do themselves no favours like.

when you go on .com and look at the "on this day" bit you occasionally see a few that they say were born in sunderland/supported sunderland, albeit the majority played in the '50's and '60's.  Waddle's the only one I can think of in recent memory.

won't be long before some mackem proves graham was a sunderland fan all along based on something he once said to a mates sons window cleaners girl friends aunties hairdresser, whey DG even stands for dirty geordies.

My uni (northern california) is 100% glory hunting SF Giants territory. Didn't hear shit about them when I came to town, but now everyone has brand new caps and slutty-tube-tops on. Of course I rep Oakland til I die with a gat in my hand, it just means more people to kill.

Good to hear that level of passion in your support.

I always found support in North America quite raucous on the day but lacking in real intensity, and I know some who change their allegiance on a seasonal basis.

I wouldn't have said Heworth was total mackem territory like. There are a few round Pelaw (My mates) but would say there are a lot more nufc, and he is def nufc, but as you say they will try and rewrite that so that he was a life long scum fan, its a coping mechanism

I wouldn't have said Heworth was total mackem territory like. There are a few round Pelaw (My mates) but would say there are a lot more nufc, and he is def nufc, but as you say they will try and rewrite that so that he was a life long scum fan, its a coping mechanism

Tongue in cheek post was tongue in cheek fella.

we must have signed some mackem fans? Waddle? any others? cant recall any of this carry on--do themselves no favours like.

howey ?

In fairness to Howey he was a macum but had been at Newcastle since childhood so was probably more "one of us".

Many forget Stan Anderson when throwing names in the hat. Probably a Sunderland and Newcastle legend (not forgetting he was at Boro as well).

there was a joke in there.

RTG has a knack of claiming anywhere outside NE1 is actually sunderland territory.

Heworth, Pelaw etc must be at least 90% B&W shirley ?

Heworth, Pelaw etc must be at least 90% B&W shirley ?

It is, the lads I know round Pelaw/Heworth are mostly mags with 3 mates being Mackems and a couple Man U fans

I thought they claimed more areas were geordie so they could justify lower attendances?

yes and no, if we argue attendances then that comes in to play, at all other times they have more areas, you'll also find that whatever school they went to, where they work etc even if massivly outnumbered by a stifler billion to one, it was only the mackems that actually went to matches.

I thought they claimed more areas were geordie so they could justify lower attendances?

yes and no, if we argue attendances then that comes in to play, at all other times they have more areas, you'll also find that whatever school they went to, where they work etc even if massivly outnumbered by a stifler billion to one, it was only the mackems that actually went to matches.

:lol:

Sort of contradicts their frequent and smug assertion that we're all plastics who don't attend matches, while all sunderland fans have never missed a game ever.

Only mackematics could tally their undying loyalty to 15,000 empty seats and god knows how many bizzare free ticket schemes.

if the conversation goes down the route of club size/ potential, global appeal, they will claim sovereignty to vast areas.

if theres a discussion about our larger crowds, the excuses of seas, dead, geordie 92 revolution will be brought up. the problem with that tho- we averaged more than them in all but maybe 2? seasons in the 20 years pre 92, and the same again post 92. :lol:

if the conversation goes down the route of club size/ potential, global appeal, they will claim sovereignty to vast areas.

if theres a discussion about our larger crowds, the excuses of seas, dead, geordie 92 revolution will be brought up. the problem with that tho- we averaged more than them in all but maybe 2? seasons in the 20 years pre 92, and the same again post 92. :lol:

......and that their %age increase in gates was higher than ours post 1992, mostly down to the new stadium novelty effect, which seems to be wearing off quite rapidly nowadays.

They'll be back down to Roker Park levels in a few years. Even sooner if Marty has his way.........

......and that their %age increase in gates was higher than ours post 1992, mostly down to the new stadium novelty effect, which seems to be wearing off quite rapidly nowadays.

They'll be back down to Roker Park levels in a few years. Even sooner if Marty has his way.........

they may have hit that the other night with many smbrs claiming the real crowd was cloer to 25k than the reported 35. Maybe they counted all the free tickets as in attendance, when they were in bemused peoples bins. :lol:

they may have hit that the other night with many smbrs claiming the real crowd was cloer to 25k than the reported 35. Maybe they counted all the free tickets as in attendance, when they were in bemused peoples bins. :lol:

aye, mine's in the bin, along with all the red clothes I ever owned. I'm not making that mistake again  :lol: