sunderland

JH

Bar Reading, they probably have the worst form in the league. I think they'll survive but they've got some very tough games coming up- all it takes is a couple of losses and those around you to win it and the pressure is cranked up a few notches. Most of their games are against some of the top sides or sides in and around them, and then there's the derby. Reading may have the new manager effect and pick up a few wins, that could make things interesting.

Cattermole is influential for them, he'll be a miss. Fletcher is pretty much their only source of goals and that's before taking into account they're not prolific scorers anyway. I wouldn't rule out relegation for them. I hope they go down and rot.

Think again marra

http://i.imgur.com/Ee1zf7Q.png

Upon hearing about their injury news, I came in to post that by sheer virtue of their distance from 18th they'd probably be okay for this season. Having re-examined the table and their fixtures, I'm not that sure. All depends on momentum down there, couple of weekends of results seems to shake the shit out of the relegation battle candidates.

On the other hand, whilst they have very difficult fixtures, they are fixtures which might suit them too. Ziff has the perfect excuse to put 11 men behind the ball against the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Everton, Spurs.

We're only two points better off which is galling. I'm not excited for them exactly, but the home games against Fulham and the Mackems can't come quick enough in terms of securing our status in the league for next season.

Bar Reading, they probably have the worst form in the league. I think they'll survive but they've got some very tough games coming up- all it takes is a couple of losses and those around you to win it and the pressure is cranked up a few notches. Most of their games are against some of the top sides or sides in and around them, and then there's the derby. Reading may have the new manager effect and pick up a few wins, that could make things interesting.

Cattermole is influential for them, he'll be a miss. Fletcher is pretty much their only source of goals and that's before taking into account they're not prolific scorers anyway. I wouldn't rule out relegation for them. I hope they go down and rot.

Think again marra

http://i.imgur.com/Ee1zf7Q.png

:iamatwat:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XCzxBYlcaag/T3yIGrXcbDI/AAAAAAAAArI/5RmCMsUwxBo/s1600/Funkasaurus_And_His_Mama_And_Bridge_Club_WWE_Wrestlemania.gif

Using the predictor my final table was:

http://i49.tinypic.com/256sqz6.png

Excluding the missing Man City West Brom game which makes no real difference to my final table any way. Their fixtures are a real bitch.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

And so they must relie on a Geordie to score the goals to keep them in the division, a Geordie, their most hated breed.

This is going to be fun.

Let's hope it doesn't end up like the last time travelling African dancers came to Sunderland

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article858822.ece

Sunderland racism ‘like apartheid era’

THE South African cast of the touring musical Umoja have said that their experiences in Sunderland reminded them of the apartheid era in their homeland.

The company said they had been spat at in the street and insulted since arriving for this week’s shows at the Sunderland Empire Theatre. The cast had been taken aback, Sheila Okonji, the co-producer, said. “We were just trying to hand out leaflets and some people started spitting at us,” she said. “We went to another area and another person told us to get out. They said we weren’t welcome.” After that, cast members did not venture out.

Todd Twala, the director, said: “A lot of the young people in our cast do not remember the worst of apartheid. Instead, they are experiencing racism in England, where you would least expect it. It’s sad, because we have taught our young people about reconciliation, and then they experience this kind of racism. This brings back terrible memories of apartheid for me, but we are not going to stop performing.

“We have been all over the world, to Japan, Australia, Denmark, France, Finland, and have been a hit in London, and no one has treated us like this.”

They won't go down, but watching them try will be fun.

sort of resigned to this belief myself- still where theres hope..........

some of the panicking on rtg/ radio newc is a joy tho.

I just don't really want to think they're a favourite for the drop when they're only 2 points behind us really - makes me uncomfortable about our own position, their current form aside.

its basically all based on this, and thier fixtures- but I do agree we arent out of the shit.

I'd really hate it if they went down. Not having the derby games to look forward to would make next year so much less interesting.

WTF

Derbies become more of a deal for me when we're not doing the best. Adds a bit of an interest to a dull season. If we keep developing and show signs of progress, I couldn't give a frig about them either way.